G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
Our OPC have confirmed that our GTS is complete and on its way to Emden. Looking like the end of the month for collection!
When did you order?
Sponsored

Binson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey GTS, BMW X5 4.0i M Sport,
Country flag
I ordered in June and just got an email I've been allocated a March slot for May delivery!

PP52ZW18

I wasn't expecting one so soon and I was expecting Augustish, so I was going to ask for Sept delivery to get the next model year?

What do people recommend I do? Is the May delivery realistic?

DavidG

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I ordered in June and just got an email I've been allocated a March slot for May delivery!

PP52ZW18

I wasn't expecting one so soon and I was expecting Augustish, so I was going to ask for Sept delivery to get the next model year?

What do people recommend I do? Is the May delivery realistic?
I think so, I ordered one today and have also been allocated an end of March build slot with May delivery. So take it.

Binson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think so, I ordered one today and have also been allocated an end of March build slot with May delivery. So take it.
You ordered today and got a March slot???

Binson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, Octopus said they couldn't guarantee when the next build slot would be if I turned this one down - so May it is!

PP52ZW18

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Harley Heritage, Triumph Rocket 3
Country flag
Finally! My GTS ST has arrived.... yay!

I know 'purists' might wince at the lack of Racetex interior etc. but I think it looks and feels fabulous in Carmine Red with the Atacama Beige Olea Club leather.

It replaced my two year old CT 4S, obviously a similar car but there seems to have been a number of small tweaks in the meantime which when added together make it a more sorted car. Little things like the door handle mechanism feels completely different... more positive and satisfying now.

Very pleased, just need to spend some time with it now... just in time for Spring!

Porsche Taycan GTS Orders UK gtsst-1

Porsche Taycan GTS Orders UK gtsst-2

Binson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Lol I just checked in for the first time in ages and the car has gone from build slot allocated the last time I checked to built!

Does this mean my car has got the matrix part that's in short supply and will get delivered soon? Or could I still be waiting a few months?

Porsche Taycan GTS Orders UK 1681142539487

Porsche Taycan GTS Orders UK 1681142543030

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I cancelled in the end where I am leaving the UK permanently in the next two weeks. Moved everything abroad (business) and with that so do I.

In the UK 30 days a year so couldn't justify the Taycan. Plus that company money will be personal money by around May time, and that turns a sensible business transaction into a reckless personal transaction.

£125k is going into investments instead.

The price rise was also hard to swallow where on ordering Feb 2022, the base price for the GTS ST was £104k. Now it is £111k. Options are increasing and there will be another price rise in the summer.

I could drive the car into Europe, but then I didn't like the idea of such an expensive car living in multi storey car parks, especially where they are barely large enough for small cars, let alone something almost 5m long and 2m wide...

Finally, dealer confirmed I was 4th on the list (Porsche Leicester) so had I stayed in the UK, I wouldn't have the car until autumn. I was offered a cancelled order in Jan, which I declined, and were I staying in the UK, the car would have been delivered last week.

For my next Porsche order in the UK, I am not bothering with any dealership other than Reading. Probability of getting your car sooner is much higher.

Tip for anyone ordering again, not least with the famous allocation lottery that seems worse with smaller or non-PRG owned dealers.

It's been fun - enjoy your Taycan's.

Adios.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag

It's been fun - enjoy your Taycan's.

Adios.
Good luck TH.

Funny how the last 15mths or so panned out.

Are you going to the EU or ME? Some of the deals EU countries are touting for "digital" workers are interesting. Govt here needs to get a big fat grip!

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Sorry to see you go, All the Best in your venture and look forward to you being lured back by the irresistable aroma of Race-Tex.
Ha well I may be back in 2-3 years if the gov stops the childish infighting and instead expends focus and energy on helping people and businesses to prosper. However, I don't hold out much hope.

I will be getting in touch with Porsche Reading about the electric Cayman. That could time nicely. And naturally, Race-Tex will be specced.

Otherwise I really, really want a V6 F-Type Convertible, so the Porsche funds will potentially go into that within the next 12 months.

Fun sharing comments all this time.
Sponsored