JDEE

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 C2S
Country flag
Having applied a bit of logic, I decided to see what the European OPC's had on their books to get some colour inspiration whilst I'm still not locked down (yawn).

Also good to see what black leather loks like as part on the GTS in the context of the whole car - in my mind looks very dull....

Anyway, please find links to stock/demos - obviously a dynamic link but seen a few new colours including Neptune (apologies if posted elsewhere).

Cheers,

Swiss

Belgium

Germany

Italy
Sponsored

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Interesting....

Many of them are just configurator grabs. But....

- Gentian Blue was one of my top two choices (and my eldest's favourite)....but on the real car in those photos it looked a bit...meh

- Ice Grey looks great

- Neptune Blue is really starting to grow on me if it looks like the real car in the photos then it may end up towards the top. Need to see it in the UK I think

- They all seem expensive compared to the UK (£140k equiv).

- And I definitely don't want leather....the RaceTex looks so much nicer IMO.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I wonder why there are so many more STs than sedans
I suspect Porsche are seeing it being the bigger seller.

The saloon(/sedan) looks a bit sportier in a 4-door coupe way. But it's seriously compromised for headroom in the rear and the boot's less practical.

Whereas here in the UK I think we've had a thing about the fast estate/shooting brake for a long time (I am, admittedly, biased on this front, owning an RS4 Avant and loving it). Something a bit more Q-car about it.

Having tried one, I'm also not entirely dismissing a Cross Turismo. Keep telling myself as much as the forum, but the test drive will be key. I was told some time in March is likely for this. So will badger my dealer in a few weeks' time :)

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Interesting....

Many of them are just configurator grabs. But....

- And I definitely don't want leather....the RaceTex looks so much nicer IMO.
"the RaceTex looks so much nicer IMO."

Murph, that's heresy!

BE GONE WITH YOU!

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Having applied a bit of logic, I decided to see what the European OPC's had on their books to get some colour inspiration whilst I'm still not locked down (yawn).

Also good to see what black leather loks like as part on the GTS in the context of the whole car - in my mind looks very dull....

Anyway, please find links to stock/demos - obviously a dynamic link but seen a few new colours including Neptune (apologies if posted elsewhere).

Cheers,

Swiss

Belgium

Germany

Italy
Thank you for this, very useful.

I remain convinced having looked at the real examples:
- Dark colours look awful IMO and don't accentuate the subtle curves of the Taycan; black makes it look like a very sporty hearse
- Carmine Red remains my colour of choice for my GTS ST, though the white/crayon/silver with Mission E alloys looks incredible,... but not worth paying for it on the GTS, may as well save £10k and wait for the 4S ST instead for that spec
- Unconvinced about Race-Tex, other than as an interior lining and especially for that nasty, scratchy plastic b-pillar
- Roof rails looks odd against an otherwise sporty chassis
- Carbon SportDesign package must rank as the most expensive and pointless option where it makes the car look worse and deletes the model-specific GTS side skirts
- Black leather interior is a monotonous world of tedium unless you wear a pressed suit even at the weekends and live out of a briefcase
- Subsecond clock seems a pointless upgrade even if the clockface is slightly more aesthetic
- Spyder alloys are the pick for the GTS; any other alloy and the buyer should save some money and up-spec a 4S ST instead, where the only real difference is the smoked matrix headlights and a powertrain that's still excellent on the 4S.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
- Unconvinced about Race-Tex, other than as an interior lining and especially for that nasty, scratchy plastic b-pillar
- Roof rails looks odd against an otherwise sporty chassis
We agree on most things.

You are softening on RaceTex. I can tell. I have £10 on at Ladbrokes that your car will have this sensuous fabric covering most things on the inside :D

Roof rails - my OH tends to agree with you. But I like them. They remind me of the RS4....the avant/estate/shooting brake styling isn't *that* sporty. Roof rails just add to the 'Q'.

Gt1485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5
Country flag

Cheers,

Swiss

Belgium

Germany

Italy
I've noticed a lot of the Italian builds have gone with the Ice Blue headlights. Have any of you considered switching from the standard black housing?

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We agree on most things.

You are softening on RaceTex. I can tell. I have £10 on at Ladbrokes that your car will have this sensuous fabric covering most things on the inside :D

Roof rails - my OH tends to agree with you. But I like them. They remind me of the RS4....the avant/estate/shooting brake styling isn't *that* sporty. Roof rails just add to the 'Q'.
I could be a closet Race-Texxer as they're known.

If we ever meet you'll find me wearing a dreamy Race-Tex double consisting jacket and trousers.

It'll be awkward, but you don't seem like the kind of person to judge.

That said I'm convinced leather for my GTS, but have a test drive early March, so we'll see.

Roof rails fair enough, but you should listen to your OH more ?. Tbh looks badass either way.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I could be a closet Race-Texxer as they're known.

If we ever meet you'll find me wearing a dreamy Race-Tex double consisting jacket and trousers.

It'll be awkward, but you don't seem like the kind of person to judge.

That said I'm convinced leather for my GTS, but have a test drive early March, so we'll see.

Roof rails fair enough, but you should listen to your OH more ?. Tbh looks badass either way.
We should have a GTS meet some time in 2024 :D

But if we do, you are never to mention again that I should listen to my OH more. Not ever!

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
We should have a GTS meet some time in 2024 :D

But if we do, you are never to mention again that I should listen to my OH more. Not ever!
Do you reckon any of us will actually have received our cars by 2024?!

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you reckon any of us will actually have received our cars by 2024?!
So long as you put your deposit down this month, then just... Just.

Will depend on dealer though.

Porsche Leicester at a push, possibly Jan 2023. More likely summer 2023. And worst case Q4 2023.

Any longer and I'll cancel my order - they might have even released the Cayman EV by that point and I would almost certainly switch my deposit over to that instead.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Where’s the Gentian Blue GTS picture, I’ve lost it - I need to see more of this!
Sponsored