Pictures of Taycan leather samples in light colours

ktvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s 2022
Country flag
Cherry/Chalk (Crayon in the US) rules! Still incredibly happy with that combo here.

20201128_161219~2.jpg

20201128_161125.jpg
I ordered chalk beige for my 4s as well. Is this the standard partial leather or the upgraded full leather?

Last edited:

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
i have the chalk interior, neptune blue exterior (pic at left). The chalk looks elegant, no regrets whatsoever. I had heard of potential color transfer from blue jeans but haven't seen any evidence of this.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
Animal-free is a must-have for me, consistent with my vegetarian lifestyle, but not too many color choices offered in Racetex.

I settled on Black over Slate Grey for my order, without having had an opportunity to see any Taycan Racetex interiors IRL (the showroom models were all in leather). So, I nervously awaited the unveiling of my car. Fortunately at delivery it was love at first sight, and even now, after nearly 8000 miles and eleven months I Love Love Love it. It's very nice-looking, I never tire of seeing and using it, and it's like-new after merciless use. Did I mention that I absolutely love it?.

I'm sure it's not for most owners, but if you are looking for something without leather, I can wholeheartedly recommend it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TaycanHero

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Animal-free is a must-have for me, consistent with my vegetarian lifestyle, but not too many color choices offered in Racetex.

I settled on Black over Slate Grey for my order, without having had an opportunity to see any Taycan Racetex interiors IRL (the showroom models were all in leather). So, I nervously awaited the unveiling of my car. Fortunately at delivery it was love at first sight, and even now, after nearly 8000 miles and eleven months I Love Love Love it. It's very nice-looking, I never tire of seeing and using it, and it's like-new after merciless use. Did I mention that I absolutely love it?.

I'm sure it's not for most owners, but if you are looking for something without leather, I can wholeheartedly recommend it.
Interesting to hear your experience and good to hear Race-Tex does stand up to abuse!

That's my main concern with it, though I am pretty much decided on Crayon leather. I prefer a lighter interior, and the non-leather are all quite dark.

I have plenty of time to decide my final spec though...

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Visited my dealer today for a test drive in this absolute stunner - and while I was there photographed some of the lighter leather samples where the configurator colours always seem a bit off. Cherry metallic is stunning and the RS Spyder wheels on the GTS make the car look even more incredible.

1646692801035.png

I digress. Interiors.

I'm avoiding black as it's so drab. Not keen on the GTS standard interior as it looks a bit drab. Want to avoid Race-Tex, so that's the GTS exclusive interior ruled out. And I don't like red/burgundy interiors, which screams Hugh Heffner. And I'm not that cool.

That leaves the lighter pastel colours, and here they are, all together, to help if you too are deciding on a lighter leather interior. I've pictured them in slightly different lighting to give a better interpretation of the colours. I was quite surprised at how they look in real life. The photos are quite an accurate reproduction of the actual colours based on:

1. My own eyesight.
2. My monitor, which is colour calibrated and covers 71% of the colour gamut.

Some quick thoughts:
  • Meranti brown: I was convinced this was the colour for my Carmine Red GTS. But on seeing it, not anymore. Thinking it was more of a taupe colour, it is very much mid-brown with a very subtle green tinge. It's quite drab in lower light conditions. Completely unconvinced it's worth an extra £1800, I just didn't love it enough. I also didn't find the feel of club leather much different from standard.
  • Chalk: My second choice is now my first choice. It's a perfect balance between being too bright and too dark. I thought the colour was beautiful and would complement a Carmine Red exterior very nicely. Also nods slightly to the GTS exclusive chalk Race-Tex interior and is a colour otherwise synonymous with Porsche. This I thought this would be off-white, but it is more of a warm grey colour, which is what I was expecting of Meranti Brown having seen photos of it. I also like how the lower door sills are in black with this option. That's important as even in larger cars, shoes scuff that part so it's better it's in black, which leads to:
  • Chalk Beige: Not keen on this. Felt it veered too much into a mustard yellow or otherwise is what your pillow would look like should you ever get lucky with a woman (or man) who cements their face in Superdrug's cheapest slap. With this option, the lower door sills are in this colour, meaning scuffs/marks are more likely to show up. Didn't like it and nor did it feel like it belonged in a luxury vehicle. Maybe a Lexus.
  • Atacama Beige: This is more of a sand colour, with a very slight yellow/cream tinge to it. It was ok, but once again, not worth the Club leather premium, which seems to be marketed at those where they spend under the simple thought process of expensive = good.
  • As a final note on the interior that I was also surprised about: I find the standard sport chrono clock a bit tacky, especially the digital dial. It's always in eye-view and since I am no longer going Club Leather, that money saved is likely going into the (rip off) £700 Subsecond Clock, only because it looks so good.

From very top, clockwise Meranti brown; Chalk; Chalk beige; Atacama Beige:
DSC_0171.JPG

From some different lighting angles:
DSC_0168.JPG

DSC_0164.JPG

DSC_0163.JPG

From left to right Atacama beige; Meranti brown; Chalk:
DSC_0158.JPG

DSC_0161.JPG

Atacama beige; Meranti brown:
DSC_0152.JPG

DSC_0151.JPG