Pictures of Taycan leather samples in light colours

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Visited my dealer today for a test drive in this absolute stunner - and while I was there photographed some of the lighter leather samples where the configurator colours always seem a bit off. Cherry metallic is stunning and the RS Spyder wheels on the GTS make the car look even more incredible.

Porsche Taycan Pictures of Taycan leather samples in light colours 1646692801035

I digress. Interiors.

I'm avoiding black as it's so drab. Not keen on the GTS standard interior as it looks a bit drab. Want to avoid Race-Tex, so that's the GTS exclusive interior ruled out. And I don't like red/burgundy interiors, which screams Hugh Heffner. And I'm not that cool.

That leaves the lighter pastel colours, and here they are, all together, to help if you too are deciding on a lighter leather interior. I've pictured them in slightly different lighting to give a better interpretation of the colours. I was quite surprised at how they look in real life. The photos are quite an accurate reproduction of the actual colours based on:

1. My own eyesight.
2. My monitor, which is colour calibrated and covers 71% of the colour gamut.

Some quick thoughts:
  • Meranti brown: I was convinced this was the colour for my Carmine Red GTS. But on seeing it, not anymore. Thinking it was more of a taupe colour, it is very much mid-brown with a very subtle green tinge. It's quite drab in lower light conditions. Completely unconvinced it's worth an extra £1800, I just didn't love it enough. I also didn't find the feel of club leather much different from standard.
  • Chalk: My second choice is now my first choice. It's a perfect balance between being too bright and too dark. I thought the colour was beautiful and would complement a Carmine Red exterior very nicely. Also nods slightly to the GTS exclusive chalk Race-Tex interior and is a colour otherwise synonymous with Porsche. This I thought this would be off-white, but it is more of a warm grey colour, which is what I was expecting of Meranti Brown having seen photos of it. I also like how the lower door sills are in black with this option. That's important as even in larger cars, shoes scuff that part so it's better it's in black, which leads to:
  • Chalk Beige: Not keen on this. Felt it veered too much into a mustard yellow or otherwise is what your pillow would look like should you ever get lucky with a woman (or man) who cements their face in Superdrug's cheapest slap. With this option, the lower door sills are in this colour, meaning scuffs/marks are more likely to show up. Didn't like it and nor did it feel like it belonged in a luxury vehicle. Maybe a Lexus.
  • Atacama Beige: This is more of a sand colour, with a very slight yellow/cream tinge to it. It was ok, but once again, not worth the Club leather premium, which seems to be marketed at those where they spend under the simple thought process of expensive = good.
  • As a final note on the interior that I was also surprised about: I find the standard sport chrono clock a bit tacky, especially the digital dial. It's always in eye-view and since I am no longer going Club Leather, that money saved is likely going into the (rip off) £700 Subsecond Clock, only because it looks so good.

From very top, clockwise Meranti brown; Chalk; Chalk beige; Atacama Beige:
Porsche Taycan Pictures of Taycan leather samples in light colours DSC_0171.JPG

From some different lighting angles:
Porsche Taycan Pictures of Taycan leather samples in light colours DSC_0168.JPG

Porsche Taycan Pictures of Taycan leather samples in light colours DSC_0164.JPG

Porsche Taycan Pictures of Taycan leather samples in light colours DSC_0163.JPG

From left to right Atacama beige; Meranti brown; Chalk:
Porsche Taycan Pictures of Taycan leather samples in light colours DSC_0158.JPG

Porsche Taycan Pictures of Taycan leather samples in light colours DSC_0161.JPG

Atacama beige; Meranti brown:
Porsche Taycan Pictures of Taycan leather samples in light colours DSC_0152.JPG

Porsche Taycan Pictures of Taycan leather samples in light colours DSC_0151.JPG

Porsche Taycan Pictures of Taycan leather samples in light colours DSC_0150.JPG

Last edited:

EvFamily

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, dodge Ram
Country flag
I was on the fence about what color interior to get. I went and test drove a couple used taycans with the interior color choices I was considering. The chalk is what I ended up going with. The chalk is not “white” like I thought it appeared online and in videos. The beige was just too much beige everywhere and made the car feel like it was for an older person. Highly recommend looking for cars in your area that might have these interiors to view. The nice thing about seeing a 1-2 year old chalk interior was that I could tell that it didn’t get discolored or dirty over time. Don’t have my car yet but fingers crossed this week or next.

OP
OP
TaycanHero

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was on the fence about what color interior to get. I went and test drove a couple used taycans with the interior color choices I was considering. The chalk is what I ended up going with. The chalk is not “white” like I thought it appeared online and in videos. The beige was just too much beige everywhere and made the car feel like it was for an older person. Highly recommend looking for cars in your area that might have these interiors to view. The nice thing about seeing a 1-2 year old chalk interior was that I could tell that it didn’t get discolored or dirty over time. Don’t have my car yet but fingers crossed this week or next.
Wonderful choice! Chalk is a stunning colour for a classy, sporty and contemporary interior IMO.

Completely agree about the beige. It dates the car and is too overwhelming.

Interesting about your observations of used chalk leather. I've read a number of forums about the lighter Porsche leather colours and even with jeans, regular leather care ensures no staining, so not worried. I also don't have kids or pets.

It's a no brainer and means I now have an extra £1800 to spend on some other option goodies!

Hope you get your Taycan soon - enjoy!

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Never mind the leather (you know you'll get RaceTex eventually)....what was the test drive like?

OP
OP
TaycanHero

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Never mind the leather (you know you'll get RaceTex eventually)....what was the test drive like?
Haha well, if I change my mind again from Chalk leather... It probably would be the Carmine Red GTS exclusive interior in Race-Tex.

However, I am not that sadistic to myself ?

Test drive was quite short and roads were busy, so didn't get to properly rip it. The 4S test drive was a lot more - to quote an oft-used forum word - spirited. However, it was still enjoyable and the drive very nice. I really like the sport sound in the GTS and will have to wait until some point in time to get my GTS ST. But rather that than being in a warzone or at the bottom of the ocean.

And as you mentioned a few weeks back, that cherry metallic colour is stunning. Especially in yesterday's sunshine. Wasn't expecting it to be so nice, but it's up there with the silvers, chalk, Mamba green and Carmine Red as the best colour options IMO.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Wow, chalk really isn't as light as I thought! Helps alleviate some of my fears about easy staining for my ordered Taycan

Nmoranda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
And I don't like red/burgundy interiors, which screams Hugh Heffner. And I'm not that cool.
I have the red interior and now I feel cool! ?

The interior was a hard one for me. I hated(that is the correct word) the standard interior options. I would’ve gone slate full leather as a second choice.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
My GTS will be in Chalk, but with black seat centres. Jeans and more jeans will be on the seats a lot. Will also drop the Chalk seat belts and revert to black, I’m in a hire car with a light, dirty, interior. That’s convinced me. Hire car you ask? Yes 4S in workshop, it’s only been 6 weeks!

AddAlfa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
I came across an available dealer allocation on a GTS ST that is black metallic with black leather. Had I built it myself I probably would have went with volcano grey with black leather but didn’t want to wait that long for another allocation..

Porsche Taycan Pictures of Taycan leather samples in light colours 7DFE97C0-BB41-41DE-A35E-A8DC210DC4A8

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Crayon / black all day long - best of a mediocre bunch IMHO. Had it on my Pana ST and now on my T4S (Pana was better as it had contrasting stitching at £0) but struggling on my GTS ST order for interior and exterior choice. Carmine is awful (needs sunshine as does Cherry) and contemplating black with olea Atacama.

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
Cherry/Chalk (Crayon in the US) rules! Still incredibly happy with that combo here.

Porsche Taycan Pictures of Taycan leather samples in light colours 20201128_161219~2

Porsche Taycan Pictures of Taycan leather samples in light colours 20201128_161125

OP
OP
TaycanHero

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Cherry/Chalk (Crayon in the US) rules! Still incredibly happy with that combo here.

20201128_161219~2.jpg

20201128_161125.jpg
Is that (in UK colour names ?) Chalk Beige?

It's just the whole door panel in the coloured leather is covered with Chalk Beige:

Porsche Taycan Pictures of Taycan leather samples in light colours 1646729998352

Porsche Taycan Pictures of Taycan leather samples in light colours 1646730208102
< Actual colour, indoor lighting

But for Chalk, the door panel is in black:
Porsche Taycan Pictures of Taycan leather samples in light colours 1646730070884

Porsche Taycan Pictures of Taycan leather samples in light colours 1646730153430
< Actual colour, indoor lighting

Note the configurator colours are way off!

OP
OP
TaycanHero

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Crayon / black all day long - best of a mediocre bunch IMHO. Had it on my Pana ST and now on my T4S (Pana was better as it had contrasting stitching at £0) but struggling on my GTS ST order for interior and exterior choice. Carmine is awful (needs sunshine as does Cherry) and contemplating black with olea Atacama.
I saw Carmine Red in overcast UK outdoor light. I agree the colour can struggle, but not if PPF'ed and ceramic coated where it then maintains a constant mirror finish.

Then it looks stunning regardless of light. It's one of those colours that needs to maintain a glossy finish or it looks subdued.

My exterior colour choice is something I've not deviated from!

Atacama is nicer than Meranti Brown IMO, and where you want your interior to be brighter. However, I'm not convinced it's worth the Club Leather premium. The hue is a bit off and nor was the feel of the leather noticeably better than standard leather.

If you haven't already, definitely take a look at the samples at your dealer.

OP
OP
TaycanHero

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My GTS will be in Chalk, but with black seat centres. Jeans and more jeans will be on the seats a lot. Will also drop the Chalk seat belts and revert to black, I’m in a hire car with a light, dirty, interior. That’s convinced me. Hire car you ask? Yes 4S in workshop, it’s only been 6 weeks!
Interesting. I wonder if it just needs a clean or some leather protector applied to prevent the dirt?

I've mainly heard positive things about Porsche's light interiors in terms of wear and upkeep, so I'm definitely going light over dark.
Sponsored