Has it lost the WOW factor?

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Interesting read! Thanks for sharing. Is the Taycan now your DD?
Yes I got the Taycan as my DD to replace a Maserati Quattroporte my previous DD. My office is only ten minutes away so I find any excuse to run errands. When I start traveling again, I will park it at the airport which has free charging stations so it will ready to rock and roll.
Sponsored

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Lost the wow factor - HELL NO!!

Ok so after doing a 1000 miles in a month my car as you all know went in for a fully body PPS and Colour Coding. I was without my car for around 2.5 weeks whilst the work was done.

I picked it up last night and was smiling all the way home -what a bloody amazing car! Love it.

Sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Country flag
Did you have it in normal or range mode by chance? The behavior is exaggerated under intense acceleration when in a comfort mode, just as with any transmission. The car doesn't expect sporty driving when in a comfort setting and will be slower to react. Put it in Sport or Sport Plus and you shouldn't experience that.

As a matter of fact, just put it in Sport or Sport Plus and leave it there forever.
Yes it was in normal mode. I planted it at about 30mph, it instantly took off like lightening and at about 60mph "lurched" for a second, then continued without issue.

Only happened the once, and as you suggest, i spent rest of the time playing with Sport Plus :D

Jayjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi Q7 50, BMW 330 cabrio
Country flag
Lost the wow factor - HELL NO!!

Ok so after doing a 1000 miles in a month my car as you all know went in for a fully body PPS and Colour Coding. I was without my car for around 2.5 weeks whilst the work was done.

I picked it up last night and was smiling all the way home -what a bloody amazing car! Love it.
how come it took so long?

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
It looks like we are neighbors. If you see a Mamba Green Taycan with vanity plates in Atlanta that will be me out for another ride.
I'm doing PEC delivery on September 3rd, and I live in Roswell. After I pick up the car maybe we can have a Atlanta Taycan happy hour. Socially distanced, of course :)

OP
OP
rquinton

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
I'm doing PEC delivery on September 3rd, and I live in Roswell. After I pick up the car maybe we can have a Atlanta Taycan happy hour. Socially distanced, of course :)
You will love PEC pick up. Say hi to Joey there as he will take care of you at PECATL. I put in the order for the 2021 today with a September lock, November build and a January delivery. Small changes to the options and now they are including the charger so the price went down $1,120. Send me your build code as I love to know what you picked.

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
You will love PEC pick up. Say hi to Joey there as he will take care of you at PECATL. I put in the order for the 2021 today with a September lock, November build and a January delivery. Small changes to the options and now they are including the charger so the price went down $1,120. Send me your build code as I love to know what you picked.
Thanks, I'm looking forward to it.
My build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PL1PYK16

punkdad2020

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Targa GTS, Cayenne, S550 Cab
Country flag
I have spoken to a few Taycan owners as I am waiting on my order and am getting mixed reviews on ownership. Some are saying that it just didn't have the wow factor they were hoping it would. What are your thoughts? Any bothered by the backup camera size? How about the lurching of the 2 gear system? Any thoughts as I am on the fence as to waiting until the bugs get worked out and sticking with another 911 or taking the plunge. Any insight is much appreciated.
Minor glitches aside, this is the most “wow” car I have owned. It’s behind the wheel experience, the performance and speed are awesome. As far as the back up camera...not super high on my priority list. My car is in reverse about 1 minute a day. I have owned 911s, Panamera Turbo S and a couple of Cayennes....the Taycan is my favorite hands down.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I'm right next door in Alpharetta. I'm sure you will want to spend time zipping around instead of watching it at a standstill after you pick it up. I will be out of town in the beginning of Sept, but probably back on Sunday, Sept 20th.

OP
OP
rquinton

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
I'm right next door in Alpharetta. I'm sure you will want to spend time zipping around instead of watching it at a standstill after you pick it up. I will be out of town in the beginning of Sept, but probably back on Sunday, Sept 20th.
So there are three of us near each other as I am in Brookhaven. Look forward to hearing about both of your experiences. My build is set for December finish and January delivery at PECATL.

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
,2020 Taycan rurbo, 2018 GT3 1997 911 C4S, 1996 911 TT, 2008 911 GT2,1989 Speedster, 1994 3.6
Country flag
I have spoken to a few Taycan owners as I am waiting on my order and am getting mixed reviews on ownership. Some are saying that it just didn't have the wow factor they were hoping it would. What are your thoughts? Any bothered by the backup camera size? How about the lurching of the 2 gear system? Any thoughts as I am on the fence as to waiting until the bugs get worked out and sticking with another 911 or taking the plunge. Any insight is much appreciated.
The gear box is not an issue and the camera resolution will be fixed with an update. If you want the best driving Ev out there money no object then the Taycan is it if you want an appliance with range get a Tesla

jaspercrane

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Panamera Turbo
Country flag
I had a 2017 (new body style) Panamera Turbo for 3 years. Not a single compliment the entire time ha. I have had a Taycan Turbo ~6 weeks now, and everyone stares and talks to me about it. Not why I bought it - I spent this money to enjoy the car/machine/engineering - but I think this answers the "WOW" question.

The backup camera does suck, but I have always used my mirrors to back up and now just check the screen every few seconds to make sure I'm not missing anything... but maybe I am just old school. There is a penalty in being an early adopter - in this case the PCM, backup camera, and let's be honest depreciation - but it is 100x more fun than the Panamera and I am super happy with the purchase. All the tech items to me are just gimmicks to compete with other manufacturers and of course upsell you for more profit!

Every online comparison I have read vs. the new 911 Turbo S has the Taycan as the winner. 911 may be barely faster to 60, but you have to have the right gears for 30-70mph (which Taycan wins handily btw), etc. Think about that for a second... the 911 Turbo has been the penultimate sports car for a long time.
Sponsored