First Name
Laz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2008 911 Carrera S Cabrio
Country flag
Hi folks,

I thought I’d post to see if anyone has seen this happen. Got in my 4S yesterday and I noted a new buzzing sound coming out or the dashboard area. When the car powered up, the HUD was missing. No amount of turning it on/off in the settings helped. It seems stuck somehow. The buzzing happens whenever I enter the car now.

Anyone seen this? Any magic out there to resolve this? I’m loathing having to call up the dealer again for yet another software bug.

Laz
Sponsored

Axdenied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
@lazvek indeed see the post above, solution is to reset by unplugging the 12v battery for a few minutes for a reset. Worked for a few forum members with same issue and confirmed by Porsche.

OP
OP
lazvek

lazvek

First Name
Laz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@lazvek indeed see the post above, solution is to reset by unplugging the 12v battery for a few minutes for a reset. Worked for a few forum members with same issue and confirmed by Porsche.
Wow, you guys rock. Going to go try this when I get a break this afternoon. Will let you know how it goes.

OP
OP
lazvek

lazvek

First Name
Laz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow, you guys rock. Going to go try this when I get a break this afternoon. Will let you know how it goes.
Update: FIXED! I popped the cover on the frunk, used a 10mm socket to undo the negative terminal, and waited 5 minutes. When I put it all back together, the HUD magically came back.

Thank you!

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW XI/Taycan 21 4S
Country flag
Hi folks,

I thought I’d post to see if anyone has seen this happen. Got in my 4S yesterday and I noted a new buzzing sound coming out or the dashboard area. When the car powered up, the HUD was missing. No amount of turning it on/off in the settings helped. It seems stuck somehow. The buzzing happens whenever I enter the car now.

Anyone seen this? Any magic out there to resolve this? I’m loathing having to call up the dealer again for yet another software bug.

Laz
Had the same problem with my 21 4S.Went to the dealer and after three times disconnecting the 12 Volt battery the problem was resolved.All this according to the dealer

mrdrummergoalie

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So my car is 3 weeks old, and I just had this same problem - HUD stopped working, buzzing on startup. As per your experiences, I disconnected the 12V battery (not that easy, btw), let it sit for 5 minutes, and the problem was resolved. This forum just saved me an aggravating and aggravated trip to the dealer, so THANK YOU!!

mrdrummergoalie

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So my car is 3 weeks old, and I just had this same problem - HUD stopped working, buzzing on startup. As per your experiences, I disconnected the 12V battery (not that easy, btw), let it sit for 5 minutes, and the problem was resolved. This forum just saved me an aggravating and aggravated trip to the dealer, so THANK YOU!!
A quick follow-up... While my HUD started working again after disconnecting and reconnecting the 12V battery, my porsche connect app stopped communicating with the vehicle. This led me to log out/ log in, uninstall/reinstall the app, reset the PCM several times, log out of the car and try to log back in (unsuccessfully 10-20X). I then deleted my profile and tried to create a new profile (unsuccessfully 5x). Eventually, I gave up, locked the car, walked away for 10 minutes. I returned to the vehicle and set up a new profile - successfully. I then spent another 10 minutes re-adding all of my favourites (radio, sirius, etc). Shit show. Took me 1 1/2 hours for this nonsense.

Harrica

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021 CT
Country flag
This also just happened to me and the "disconnect the 12V battery" maneuver worked great. I only left It disconnected for 5 minutes and it did give me back the HUD but did not forget all my settings. Back in the days of Mainframes we called this the BRS (Big Red Switch) maneuver and we had to perform it whenever things were going wonky. It might be nice for Porsche to give us a BRS so that we didn't need to pull the lead off.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Back in the days of Mainframes we called this the BRS (Big Red Switch) maneuver and we had to perform it whenever things were going wonky. It might be nice for Porsche to give us a BRS so that we didn't need to pull the lead off.
Coming soon to a Configurator near you..."PBRS- Porsche Big Red Switch" a £1,000 option, or £1,500 if you want it to come wired in.

OP
OP
lazvek

lazvek

First Name
Laz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This also just happened to me and the "disconnect the 12V battery" maneuver worked great. I only left It disconnected for 5 minutes and it did give me back the HUD but did not forget all my settings. Back in the days of Mainframes we called this the BRS (Big Red Switch) maneuver and we had to perform it whenever things were going wonky. It might be nice for Porsche to give us a BRS so that we didn't need to pull the lead off.
Suddenly, I had a vision of an aftermarket big red button that disconnects the negative battery terminal. Dude, we'll make millions.

Last edited:

MarekO

First Name
Marek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hy

next time (hopefully never) if HUD is missing, take HUD control unit fuse on LEFT side position F4 5A fuse out for few minutes. Just open LEFT door and remove dashboard cover, there is only one row of fuses. Usually this helps ;)

best regards

Edit: I mixed sides, correct location is LEFT side

Last edited:

mrdrummergoalie

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hy

next time (hopefully never) if HUD is missing, take HUD control unit fuse on right side position F4 5A fuse out for few minutes. Just open right door and remove dashboard cover, there is only one row of fuses. Usually this helps ;)

best regards
Smart. Seems waaay easier than disconnecting the 12V!

knifeofpi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hy

next time (hopefully never) if HUD is missing, take HUD control unit fuse on right side position F4 5A fuse out for few minutes. Just open right door and remove dashboard cover, there is only one row of fuses. Usually this helps ;)

best regards
Soooo, i'm thinking this is a bit more complicated than you alluded to. Remove dashboard cover? lol

MarekO

First Name
Marek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Soooo, i'm thinking this is a bit more complicated than you alluded to. Remove dashboard cover? lol
Porsche Taycan Head Up Display just disappeared Used-2020-Porsche-Taycan-Turbo-S-Sedan---PREMIUM-PACKAGE-BURMESTER-3D-AUDIO-776HP

(picture from web)

This small cover ;), but on other side. Left
Sponsored

Last edited: