First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW XI/Taycan 21 4S
Country flag
Hi everyone,

Just got my new Taycan 4S in Dolomite grey ten days ago, and already with a potential issue :(

My HUD suddenly stopped working and nothing can fix it…
- All options in settings are on for HUD
- Tried a PCM reset with the double tap in corner and nothing
- Every time I now open the car, I hear a buzzing sound from the dash.

Anyone else got this before? Went to the dealer and mechanic on service Saturday could not connect to HUD unit and therefore will need to bring it in next week….

Hoping this is not the beginning of other issues, also noticing several error charging messages.

What’s crazy is that if it was any other car I would be furious, but I love this car and it’s driving so much, keeping my cool :)
Yes i had the same problem with my 21 4S suddenly the heads up display stopped working.Took the car to the dealer and it took them five days to fix it.The fix, as told to me ,was disconnect the 12 Volt battery a couple of times and suddenly they said it started working again.Have had no problems since.It should be noted that by disconnecting the 12 volt battery all personal settings need to be reinentered .
Sponsored

EVLove

First Name
Eve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I've just experienced the same HUD failure symptoms, so I've now joined the 12v-Reset Club. This is the first real issue I've encountered with my Turbo, which was built during February 2021, in which an item actually ceased to function properly without healing itself after a brief time. If nothing requires more serous repair work than this, I'll remain a delighted Taycan customer

The reset did indeed resolve the issue quite well, and without undue complexity, but I would like to mention a few tips for other HUD-lovers in the forum that might have this issue:

During this reset procedure, it's a good idea to let the driver door remain open. You cannot easily open the door while the battery is disconnected.

The manual describes how to access the battery, but it's simple enough to mention here. Just open the frunk lid, lift the hand recess openings on the cover immediately behind the frunk, slide the lid toward you, and set aside (I just let it rest flat on top of the frunk cargo space).

With a 10mm socket and short extension, loosen the negative terminal clamp nut. Lift the clamp off the post (I gently used a flat screwdriver as a lever), slide a flat sheet of electrically insulating material (for example, thick paper) between the clamp and the top of the terminal post, and let the clamp rest on this insulating sheet to prevent contact with the post for a few minutes.

Reverse the procedure and verify that the HUD is operational.

The Taycan might throw a few initial startup type notifications, like one telling you to press the brake to calibrate the brake sensor, etc. Your personal settings should remain intact.
I’m having the same issue. HUD + buzz … if easy enough to do this at home, instead of waiting 2 months that would be great.

Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Highl. Hybrid, Civic HB, Taycan 4s order
Country flag

Bertibasset

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi everyone,

Just got my new Taycan 4S in Dolomite grey ten days ago, and already with a potential issue :(

Anyone else got this before? Went to the dealer and mechanic on service Saturday could not connect to HUD unit and therefore will need to bring it in next week….

Hoping this is not the beginning of other issues, also noticing several error charging messages.

What’s crazy is that if it was any other car I would be furious, but I love this car and it’s driving so much, keeping my cool :)
Mine also went off yesterday same thing buzzing from dash great car but the electronics on Porsche PCM are a joke getting fed up of all the gremlins

Bertibasset

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
In the end, my HUD unit got replaced.
Mine also has packed in now I get a buzzing noise on start up and shut down. Tried all suggestions on Forum apart from back to dealer but now have no option. I only wish Porsche would get one of the wiz kids from Tesla to sort the crapy electronics out as it’s getting to be a pain not good enough for a car of this quality. If they cannot do that sack the entire electronics team as they are as effective as a handbrake on a Canoe ?

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I just had a repeat occurrence of this issue, so it seems whatever the condition the car gets itself in hasn’t been fixed by software yet.

bluelines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo
Country flag
It is likely a supplier quality issue. Don’t know who builds the HUD, but pretty sure it is not Porsche themselves.

bluelines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo
Country flag
I just had a repeat occurrence of this issue, so it seems whatever the condition the car gets itself in hasn’t been fixed by software yet.
According to my dealer it could not be resolved with software or battery reset.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
According to my dealer it could not be resolved with software or battery reset.
Pulling the 5A fuse on the left side fuse box worked for me. Pulled the fuse, turned on the car, waited 10 seconds, plugged the fuse back in.

When this happened to me last year I looked for a fuse associated with the HUD but couldn’t find it in the manual. It’s undocumented. Thank you to whomever was the first to figure this out and post it.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hi everyone,

My HUD stopping working also. The trainer/tech guy couldn’t figure it out. I’m scheduled for large “must be done at dealership” software update, that they emailed me about, next week and they will work on HUD.

Wrtflyr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Today got in my 2021 4S and no HUD! No other problems so when I got home I followed the 12volt battery disconnect procedure and presto the the HUD is back. I did have to hold the brake pedal down to relearn the parking brake, but all my personal settings remained intact! This took only 10 minutes total of which 5 minutes was starring at the battery. I used this time to detail all the black plastic in the frunk! This saved me a trip to the dealership! Thanks to all that participated in this thread!

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Today got in my 2021 4S and no HUD! No other problems so when I got home I followed the 12volt battery disconnect procedure and presto the the HUD is back. I did have to hold the brake pedal down to relearn the parking brake, but all my personal settings remained intact! This took only 10 minutes total of which 5 minutes was starring at the battery. I used this time to detail all the black plastic in the frunk! This saved me a trip to the dealership! Thanks to all that participated in this thread!
relearn the parking brake? wtf?

Wrtflyr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
After I got in the car after the reset the car had a pop up on the center PCM display that said hold the brake and push the relearn button on the display to relearn the brake setting! I have no idea what it does. After a few seconds of holding the brake the warning in the PCM disappeared! That is the only thing I had to do! It may not have anything to do with the parking brake.

Annalore

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Audi A7
Country flag
This happened to me last month. I took it in, the service department hooked it up and it immediately returned to life. No issues since then.
I had same reset performed but it eventually failed soon after and HUD was replaced
Sponsored