W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Many thanks. That gives me piece of mind.
1) I had a tech tell me yesterday to look at fuse connection. If you only see one metal contact it is the best way to know it is a non-utilized fuse position.

2) I am awaiting a new HV Heater from Germany (just shipped). With many discussions about "the heat pump" I have looked for some explanation of how the heating system operates. Most of the "newsroom.porsche" articles discuss heating in an abstract manner.
The most understandable description I have found was in an article in Porsche Excellence Magazine online (look under subheading "Cooling"

https://www.excellence-mag.com/issues/269/articles/all-electric-taycan-tech

Excerpt:
"Because the waste heat from the coolant returning from the motor/inverter cooling circuit is insufficient for rapid cabin heating and window defrosting, a third, high-temperature cooling circuit is used. This third system uses a small high-voltage electric heater grid to provide cabin heating and defrosting as necessary by circulating heated coolant through a heater core inside the HVAC box. The high-temperature coolant circuit is also used to “pre-condition” the battery pack for charging by heating it up to the optimum temperature for lithium-ion battery charging, which is about 86 degrees Fahrenheit."

It remains a mystery to me whether the "Heat Pump" is a true heat pump or part of a waste heat coolant pumping circuit.
It's a real heat pump as it is at extra cost in some markets where it is felt it is not needed.

Interesting re the pre-condition comment - my battery has rarely if ever been that temperature (30C) and never when charging at home. Perhaps this relates to DC charging rather than typically home based AC charging.
Sponsored

356B

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
9114s
It's a real heat pump as it is at extra cost in some markets where it is felt it is not needed.

Interesting re the pre-condition comment - my battery has rarely if ever been that temperature (30C) and never when charging at home. Perhaps this relates to DC charging rather than typically home based AC charging.
From everything I read, no battery conditioning required for 9.6KW home charging.
We will see what happens after the HV Heater is replaced. When it was 45 deg outside, I was getting nothing but cold air out of the system, even with the thermostat set to 85deg. I was expecting to at least see it pump a few degrees deltaT out of the vents.

L9SAK

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm afraid that this has just happened to me on the Taycan 4S. My local dealer has informed me that they have an additional 8 Taycan's who have experienced the same problem.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I'm afraid that this has just happened to me on the Taycan 4S. My local dealer has informed me that they have an additional 8 Taycan's who have experienced the same problem.
May I ask how old your car is?

356B

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
9114s
Update on my heater. Dealer replaced HV Heater. Everything is now in spec. MY21 for me. Car was built in May 2021.

leslitwin

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4S, Bentley GT
Country flag
Hi everyone Taycan 4S in the UK , Heating died on the first cold day . Porsche UK said its a safety issue (fogging of windscreen) and to get it recovered. Timing not good so bought a 150W 12v heater to keep me going , seats and steering heating working . Thankfully in UK so not sub zero yet.
Will get it recovered after holidays as Porsche cant get the parts apparently

logic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E-tron GT, BMW M4
Country flag
Hi everyone Taycan 4S in the UK , Heating died on the first cold day . Porsche UK said its a safety issue (fogging of windscreen) and to get it recovered. Timing not good so bought a 150W 12v heater to keep me going , seats and steering heating working . Thankfully in UK so not sub zero yet.
Will get it recovered after holidays as Porsche cant get the parts apparently
Loving the Macgyver solution. :clap:

Johnny Ellis

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
So the other day, when it was -10, my heater stopped working. The fan was blowing, but it was blowing cold air. I tried restarting the car, and I charged it up to 80% overnight, thinking something might reboot. No luck. Seemed to me that the heating element somehow fried. Brought my car into the dealership without an appointment. They were awesome. Took the car and even found a demo for me to take so I would have a car to drive. Next day got a call that it was indeed the heating element. Had to be replaced but it was on back order. No idea when I would get my car back. Could be a month or more. Thank goodness I can rely on my dealership, they have always been awesome to deal with (unlike some others I have read about in various posts). I have a car to drive while I suffer like so many others from the world wide supply chain debacle. Has anyone else experienced issues with their heaters?
I have had the same issue - car has been at Porsche Dealership since 11th December with no date for required part. Apparently it can be up to 5 weeks + 2 days fitting. I have been given a Q5 to use by Enterprise Rent-a- Car. Not best pleased and nothing from Porsche explaining the issue or apologizing for the lack of ability to fix. :(

OP
OP

Ebabins

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Update. My part is in and apparently I’m not the only one with this problem as my dealership ordered more than just a part for my car. It is a 2 day job to fix but because of the holidays there isn’t enough personnel to get to it until next week. They did give me a brand new Macan to drive so aside from the price of gas I’m very happy. Dealership goes out of its way to look after me.

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mclaren 570GT, Cayenne
Country flag
Happened to me today. You can. Hear the fans but nothing comes out of them. Cold not an issue but can't demist the screen.

buruburu

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My 2020 4S just when into the dealership for the heater / rear spoiler / AMB5 AMC1 recall.

Didn't realize that my 4S had an issue w/ the heater until I tried keeping the climate on High temperature for 25 minutes on the drive to the dealership for the other issue.

The heated seats and steering wheel has kept me warm during the freezing Seattle winter so I never noticed until now.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Ebabins

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Update. My part is in and apparently I’m not the only one with this problem as my dealership ordered more than just a part for my car. It is a 2 day job to fix but because of the holidays there isn’t enough personnel to get to it until next week. They did give me a brand new Macan to drive so aside from the price of gas I’m very happy. Dealership goes out of its way to look after me.
Got my car back. Heater working great. I love this car.

buruburu

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Quick update on mine. Confirmed with the dealer that they're replacing the heater and we're just waiting on the parts now.

Slightly off topic, but since I had mentioned it prior, they are also replacing the entire rear spoiler as well. Not just the actuators, but the entire thing where they had to send the part off to get painted.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
My heater seems to work but it works poorly. Even when it is only in the 40s I have to set the temp to 82-85 to feel any warm air coming out. I have ECO turned off. Does this seem normal?

buruburu

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My heater seems to work but it works poorly. Even when it is only in the 40s I have to set the temp to 82-85 to feel any warm air coming out. I have ECO turned off. Does this seem normal?
If in doubt, take it to the dealer and they can at least compare how your heater is performing against other Taycans that they have in the lot. Worst case they'll at least document your concern and start an official history record.
Sponsored