Bertibasset

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Got to say without any doubt I have totally lost all confidence in the Porsche Taycan the amount of electrical problems and time off the road are a discrace.

So lost all heat contactacted dealer who advised to call Porsche assist and tell them car heating broke and cannot demist screen they will then recover car and sort hire car out. I did this process was ok apart when the recovery truck turned up he said not another he has collected several already this month for same issue. Then hire company trying to put me in a VW Polo which I rejected and got a 3 year old well used BMW 5 Series.
I am informed parts needed are on back order probably 4 to 6 weeks

we will see how quick it turns out to be one thing for sure I have had 7 Porsches over the years 2 Taycans and I will never buy another as reliability for such a premium brand is a joke.
Sponsored

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Got to say without any doubt I have totally lost all confidence in the Porsche Taycan the amount of electrical problems and time off the road are a discrace.

So lost all heat contactacted dealer who advised to call Porsche assist and tell them car heating broke and cannot demist screen they will then recover car and sort hire car out. I did this process was ok apart when the recovery truck turned up he said not another he has collected several already this month for same issue. Then hire company trying to put me in a VW Polo which I rejected and got a 3 year old well used BMW 5 Series.
I am informed parts needed are on back order probably 4 to 6 weeks

we will see how quick it turns out to be one thing for sure I have had 7 Porsches over the years 2 Taycans and I will never buy another as reliability for such a premium brand is a joke.
I’ve had exactly the same problem with mine. I noticed a few weeks ago the air con making a very loud noise during the hot weeks we had. Then once the weather turned cold, there was no heating at all and the windows misted up. Mr car has been in the dealers all this week. It’s the HV heater that’s faulty. Apparently, they managed to get the last spare one in the UK and fitted it yesterday. A 9 hour job (not sure I’d like to face that bill when it’s out of warranty).
I agree with the number of visits needed to the dealer. My car does seem to know it’s own way there at the moment.
Hope you get a resolution soon.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Worrying.
In my 50 years of car ownership I have never broken down on a journey and only once had a part failure I needed to wait for (a hood actuator ram om a Merc 500SL).
People took the mick when I bought a Ferrari rather than a Porsche but it has been totally reliable.

Larkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Same has just happened to me. CT4S first cold weather today in U.K. and no heater. Struggled to defrost and then had to sit in freezing cold for 3 hour return journey. Luckily electric seats and steering wheel still worked. They have also told me to get it recovered. Had car for 7 months and so far spent 6 weeks of that in the dealer on two visits. Now looks like another wait. Last time I got a Skoda as my courtesy car! My first Porsche and I love it to drive but if I’d wanted this I’d have bought a Range Rover.

JDNEPA

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
PMC and some updates, etc. However, beyond software stuff that I worked through in the first month, it's been fairly bulletproof so far and now sitting about 9k miles. (knock on wood). Sorry this happened to you but haven't had any reliability issues so far but if I did, I can't say I wouldn't be in the same headspace as you looking at other options.

OP
OP
Bertibasset

Bertibasset

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Same has just happened to me. CT4S first cold weather today in U.K. and no heater. Struggled to defrost and then had to sit in freezing cold for 3 hour return journey. Luckily electric seats and steering wheel still worked. They have also told me to get it recovered. Had car for 7 months and so far spent 6 weeks of that in the dealer on two visits. Now looks like another wait. Last time I got a Skoda as my courtesy car! My first Porsche and I love it to drive but if I’d wanted this I’d have bought a Range Rover.
So many are having this problem hope you get fixed soon one thing for sure I will never buy another just fed up with all the problems

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I think it's particularly difficult when people get issues currently.

Normally, if something goes wrong they would have the spare part fairly quickly and in the meantime you would be sat in a loaner Taycan or similar.
If you were really upset, you might end up in an upgraded loaner.

But everything is cracking at the seams post covid (not just Porsche).
New car shortages / Parts shortages / labour shortages / loan car shortages.
It's even difficult to get replacement tyres!

Its a really unfortunate time to have any issue with a car.

OP
OP
Bertibasset

Bertibasset

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I think it's particularly difficult when people get issues currently.

Normally, if something goes wrong they would have the spare part fairly quickly and in the meantime you would be sat in a loaner Taycan or similar.
If you were really upset, you might end up in an upgraded loaner.

But everything is cracking at the seams post covid (not just Porsche).
New car shortages / Parts shortages / labour shortages / loan car shortages.
It's even difficult to get replacement tyres!

Its a really unfortunate time to have any issue with a car.
Very true but had the car since April 2022 it’s my second Taycan but have had it of the road in total over 8 weeks for number of issues such as Heater, PCM, no chance of a like for like loan got a BMW 3 year old trashed got taken of me as Porsche won’t allow no brand products to be used so currently have Q2 Audi. Had plenty Porsche cars all good until now but I have lost all interest in Brand now and won’t buy another so very dissapointed in the back up

snozzer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iPace
Country flag
My CS4S is just back from the dealer after the High Voltage Heater failed. They'd done a few of these recently, so I don't thinks it's a rare issue. It works fine for now!

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
They'd done a few of these recently, so I don't thinks it's a rare issue.
Exactly, it's not a rare issue. Here in Germany we have as well several heater failures at the moment. Currently it seems that the hardware revision H10 is impacted by this failure. My Taycan 4S (MY22) from Sept 21 already has the newest revision H11 which is also the replacement part for the broken H10 Taycans.

JDNEPA

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Think my heater just went today. Yay.... Porsche dealer appointment for Monday now.

Just posted this as a thread and realized this one was already going with latest posts from yesterday......

Got a 2021 Taycan Turbo S. Way to work this morning (34 degrees outside) the heater never got going and finally got it pushing a little heat after about 15 miles (20 min) and had it cranked to MAX. Way home, no heat again and just blowing cold air, even on MAX. I got home and while sitting in it, I made an appointment for Monday to drop it off to get looked at. While sitting, the heat slowly started coming back on (not hot but warm). Apparently while driving, nothing. Sitting still, I can get warm. ....appears I have an issue and join the ranks of many others on this forum with previous heater failure issues........

OP
OP
Bertibasset

Bertibasset

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Think my heater just went today. Yay.... Porsche dealer appointment for Monday now.

Just posted this as a thread and realized this one was already going with latest posts from yesterday......

Got a 2021 Taycan Turbo S. Way to work this morning (34 degrees outside) the heater never got going and finally got it pushing a little heat after about 15 miles (20 min) and had it cranked to MAX. Way home, no heat again and just blowing cold air, even on MAX. I got home and while sitting in it, I made an appointment for Monday to drop it off to get looked at. While sitting, the heat slowly started coming back on (not hot but warm). Apparently while driving, nothing. Sitting still, I can get warm. ....appears I have an issue and join the ranks of many others on this forum with previous heater failure issues........
Don’t wait until Monday call Porsche assistance and tell them you cannot demist or heat car it will be collected today and a hire car will be delivered. You will then get fast tracked still could take anything from 2 to 6 weeks as currently no parts good luck

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Broken heater eliminates windshield defrosting and defogging. It is a serious safety defect.

It should be reported to your country's auto safety regulators. In US that is NHTSA . Here is link for UK: https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-recalls-and-faults/report-a-serious-safety-defect
Auto safety defects in Canada, report to: https://tc.canada.ca/en/road-transp...-safety-defect-vehicles-tires-child-car-seats

There are over 70 owners who have posted in online forums about Taycan heater failures in the last several years. At least 3 have had a second failure a year after the first heater was replaced.

This recurring Taycan safety problem needs more public and regulatory attention, not just acceptance.

In April, 2022, Porsche issued a TSB for replacing the heater , limited to 57 Taycans, and described as affecting 2020 and 2021 models only.

No mention in the TSB that defrosting and defogging are impaired when heater fails.

Porsche is well aware that heater failures have occurred in many more than 57 Taycans in all model years, not just 2020 and 2021.

Government safety regulators need to be informed of this safety defect.

Note: US has vehicle safety standard for Windshield Defrosting and Defogging Systems. Report heater failure as a Visibility Safety defect. "No heat for passenger cabin" is not a safety defect in US.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bertibasset

Bertibasset

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Broken heater eliminates windshield defrosting and defogging. It is a serious safety defect.

It should be reported to your country's auto safety regulators. In US that is NHTSA . Here is link for UK: https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-recalls-and-faults/report-a-serious-safety-defect

There are over 70 owners who have posted in online forums about Taycan heater failures in the last several years. At least 3 have had a second failure a year after the first heater was replaced.

This recurring Taycan safety problem needs more public and regulatory attention, not just acceptance.

In April, 2022, Porsche issued a TSB for replacing the heater , limited to 57 Taycans, and described as affecting 2020 and 2021 models only.

No mention in the TSB that defrosting and defogging are impaired when heater fails.

Porsche is well aware that heater failures have occurred in many more than 57 Taycans in all model years, not just 2020 and 2021.

Government safety regulators need to be informed of this safety defect.
Yes very true I have to say I have been a massive Porsche fan and had a number of Porsches now but this Taycan Turbo 2022 will be my last as it spends more time in workshop than on the road

MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well, I am now a new team member. No heat as of yesterday. I had a very short failure a month ago as it returned to be functional on the next trip…..

but now, nothing goes, it blows cold air and it is now -10’ here.
Amother visit to the dealer
MY2021 4S+ with 38K Km
Sponsored