Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I can't do Tuesdays and Thursdays, but if you're bringing donuts, I'll rearrange my schedule.
Sometimes, people at work will bring in donuts when they have a baby. (Midwest thing? I don’t know…)

Anyway, they asked me why I didn’t bring donuts in when I had a baby and I had to correct them.

“I did bring donuts. Two of them. And they were delicious.” ?

So, um, yeah, I’ll bring donuts…just don’t look for them. ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
(Same with the "CHARGE" square on the main screen -- why is the "temp/pre-heat & cool" in the "CHARGE" submenu? At first I thought it had to do with pre-conditioning the battery, but no, it's just the cabin HVAC ... odd.)
I always use the connect app for precool (haven’t had the car in winter and haven’t had the desire to preheat in the summer…maybe as a joke on the wife one day…)

OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I dunno................I guess that I am just a simple guy. I like the way that my car handles, accelerates and looks. Really cannot find anything that is particularly troubling and I think that all of the stuff on my car works.....................but even if something does not work (what in the heck is Apple Car Play anyhow?????) I am having way to much fun driving it to notice...........................I would end by saying Vroooommmmmm, but my car does not do that. ?
Same. The amount of time I’m even aware of anything outside the instrument cluster while driving is near zero.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Same. The amount of time I’m even aware of anything outside the instrument cluster while driving is near zero.
I wish the instrument cluster could be configured more.

I would like to see trip current consumption and consumption since charging.

So I would like to see both tubes left and right to be fully customizable.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You keep saying speed, but the speed is in the middle. Do you mean the time?

Also, as @Dee said, I was also able to adjust to see everything, but I realize body types are different and that may not be the case for everyone.
Yes, I do think I mean time. Sorry. My car has actually been in the shop for over a week getting the latest update, so the instrument cluster display isn’t fresh in my memory. I’ve had a Macan loaner, which has its own wacky issues.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Yes, I’ve tried adjusting the seat and steering wheel, but Couldn’t find a comfortable position where I could see the temperature and speed. It’s unfortunate that too such useful pieces of data are in that black area.
I'm the same way, and I spent a bunch of time in the first couple of weeks changing my seat position and steering wheel position nonstop to try and find something that was comfortable. I'm not a particularly unusual height, 6', but I prefer the steering wheel at a height where I can put my hands at 3 and 9 and not feel like my arms are uncomfortably "raised" up. Additionally, I found I have to raise the seat up so that the angle of my leg and ankle is such that it won't get tired or feel strained over time. Too low of a seating position, and my leg feels uncomfortable.

I can either raise the wheel to improve sight lines to the cluster, which would make my arms feel tired. Alternatively, I can lower the seat, which would make my right leg feel strained. Both of these options would result in less comfort for me. And of course, as we all know, the cluster itself is unfortunately not adjustable.

This all adds up to most of the cluster being blocked from my view. Specifically, when the speed is in the center of the display (the default view, not the map one where the speed is up top), The top part of the steering wheel is just above the top of the numbers in my line of sight. Even the "hold" symbol is partially blocked, when it shows. If I switch to the map view, which puts the numbers at the top, I can't see my speed at all.

I don't think I have an unusual body type or fitness level...it's not like I'm out of shape and can't handle holding my arms up lol :) I weigh 160 lbs, workout ~4 times a week and run a 6 minute mile...
You don't have an unusual body type, it's just you, not the car.
Did you try putting the steering wheel closer to you?
I don't mean the seat but the wheel.
I cannot imagining you can't see the speed, that's just ridiculous.

Jraeven

First Name
Joop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo (cab), Cayenne S, AMG GT-C, Audi R8
Country flag
I really like the PCM too, very nice. Just one small items bugs me, but perhaps somebody knows a solution. If you have Applecar play connected when swithing on the car the PCM shuts of the radio and ask you to play radio via Carplay. Manaully you can then select the radio an all works like a charm. Is there a way to disable this and the normal radio keeps playing?

Reactions: GRV

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Only thing I want now is to activate the rear light bar when driving with daylight running lights.
I wrote to Porsche already, to include it in the next update.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I really like the PCM too, very nice. Just one small items bugs me, but perhaps somebody knows a solution. If you have Applecar play connected when swithing on the car the PCM shuts of the radio and ask you to play radio via Carplay. Manaully you can then select the radio an all works like a charm. Is there a way to disable this and the normal radio keeps playing?
Are talking about internet radio oder FM/Digital radio? I went to a shop earlier today and when I stepped in my last played Internet radio station played. When I looked down I saw the apple CarPlay button, so it was connected but it did not stop my radio playing. Don’t ask why it’s working for me , I have no idea.

Reactions: GRV

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Only thing I want now is to activate the rear light bar when driving with daylight running lights.
I wrote to Porsche already, to include it in the next update.
Why? Cause it looks cool? When DRL were introduced I HATED them - especially GM utilizing low beams at reduced wattage. Ugh, terrible. Thankfully new vehicles, at least some German, have nice looking white LED DRL - Taycan included. I'm not a fan of having lots of lights on during daylight just because.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
You don't have an unusual body type, it's just you, not the car.
Did you try putting the steering wheel closer to you?
I don't mean the seat but the wheel.
I cannot imagining you can't see the speed, that's just ridiculous.
Yes, my wheel is fully extended. I wish it could extend out further. That being said, I have a manually adjustable steering wheel, not the electric one. Not sure if the electric one has additional range.

Reactions: Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Why? Cause it looks cool? When DRL were introduced I HATED them - especially GM utilizing low beams at reduced wattage. Ugh, terrible. Thankfully new vehicles, at least some German, have nice looking white LED DRL - Taycan included. I'm not a fan of having lots of lights on during daylight just because.
Cuz those 4 lights on the Taycan look so much better than on the Panamera and 911.
It makes the car look like a spaceship and is exactly what I like about that.
Same goes for the tail light.
Not many cars have that, it really stands out.

GRV

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7 | Tesla Model 3 | Taycan 4s (MY21)
Country flag
Same issue
Sponsored