Lofty

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Disco 5, Defender V8
Country flag
Just with my electrician and we are installing my Porsche mobile charger connect to the new garage within the Porsche wallbox housing but we can’t find a way to change the setting to 32A from 10A. We have the new 32A cable to replace the original 3 pin and it’s all being connected via my 50A fuse within the house. Am I missing something within the settings on the charger as it only gives me the option of 6A - 10A

Porsche Taycan Help - Porsche Charger Connect installation E18ED4A2-B75A-433F-AA46-4481F95AC1E1

Porsche Taycan Help - Porsche Charger Connect installation 50B4C7BC-0925-469C-97EF-BF48BC3CA91B

Last edited:

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
@Lofty you might have a faulty 32A cable, or the wrong part for your PMCC, or the PMCC itself is faulty.

On the wrong part theory - perhaps there is a PMC+ 32A pigtail that differs from the PMCC one, and somehow you’ve gotten that - complete speculation here.

On the faulty part theory - My understanding is that the PMCC and PMC+ power cables indicate their amperage capability by differing resistance across pins, and that’s how the unit detects what it can safely draw. See this post by @Jhenson29

I am not sure what resistance it should be for UK variants but perhaps @Jhenson29 can tell you where to look this up. Your electrician should have a multimeter to check the resistance across those particular pins on the part you have there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lofty

Lofty

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you. My electrician has just vanished on his lunch and I may be worrying ahead of time as I didn’t realise that the unit should detect itself that there is an increase in the Amps. Fingers crossed once we plug it in to the new wall connection it shows up to 32A rather than 10A. Otherwise I have a very expensive 2.3Kw charger! My office charger is a zappi and we never had to change the settings as it was preset to 32A for a 7Kw supply which has worked perfectly for the last year.

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Thank you. My electrician has just vanished on his lunch and I may be worrying ahead of time as I didn’t realise that the unit should detect itself that there is an increase in the Amps. Fingers crossed once we plug it in to the new wall connection it shows up to 32A rather than 10A. Otherwise I have a very expensive 2.3Kw charger! My office charger is a zappi and we never had to change the settings as it was preset to 32A for a 7Kw supply which has worked perfectly for the last year.
@Lofty as discussed in that other thread, the PMCC does not / can not detect the amperage that your allotted 50A circuit is capable of / nor the rating of the fuse/breaker behind it. It doesn’t test/discover/calibrate or anything like that. It’s quite primitive, it’s only checking the value of a resistor that is incorporated into that proprietary power adapter cable. It needs power in order to be able to do that check so it needs to be plugged into something…

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Maybe I jumped ahead too - if you have not yet connected your PMCC using the 32A power adapter cable, the unit won’t offer that higher amperage.

OP
OP
Lofty

Lofty

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
PMCC automatically changed to 6A - 32A once fitted and now works perfectly supplying 7.1kW. Really happy with how it looks but I am going to get the silver casing surrounding the PMCC resprayed to a black gloss so it matches the front of the glass case.

Porsche Taycan Help - Porsche Charger Connect installation 17882406-D7A0-4B48-B1E0-288912BC8F52

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
@satchurator it sounds like this is all resolved, but just to follow up, I’m not aware of the pin resistance being published anywhere. I only know a couple from checking the resistance on the 30 and 50 amp supply cables I have.
Sponsored