Urgent - Porsche Mobile Charger shows red on first installation ?

soamz

First Name
Soumendra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2022 arriving this week
Country flag
Hello, I just got my taycan 4S last week and installed the Porsche charger today at home.
The socket is 16amp single phase - which I use for tesla charging I used the same tesla charger last week to charge taycan and it was all fine.

Today, Porsche shipped the 32 amp single phase cable and socket and I installed it to the same cable and removed the tesla 16amp socket.
Now, when I switch it on, the Porsche mobile connect charger is all red lights and the car says CHARGING NOT POSSIBILE with red lights on the charger socket light too.

I have tried holding it for 10 seconds too to reset, but still, it changes to red.

When I switch off, switch on, for a milli second the charger shows correct green and white lights, but then again it goes red.

What could be the issue?
I have already checked the cables, earthing, socket, loose connections, and everything. Everything is perfect but the charger still shows all red lights.

How to fix this?

Porsche Taycan Urgent - Porsche Mobile Charger shows red on first installation ? 302715284_10166590498475262_8164884080467352450_n
Sponsored

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Go back to your dealer and try/get a new charger and see if that's the problem.

OP
OP
soamz

soamz

First Name
Soumendra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2022 arriving this week
Country flag
Go back to your dealer and try/get a new charger and see if that's the problem.
Any idea, how to tell this charger that the current is 32amp single phase >=?

I know the one with display has a option to select it and it works. But how to get it done in this ?

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
I have a partial answer. That charger PMC+ only has two settings 100%=40amps. 50%=20amps. Those are the only choices. If you have 32amp service, then you need to use the 50% setting.

Pushing and holding the plug button cycles through the two settings.

Sorry I can't speak to the single phase part of your question.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
That charger PMC+ only has two settings 100%=40amps. 50%=20amps. Those are the only choices. If you have 32amp service, then you need to use the 50% setting.
Those amperages for the North American version, and even then, I think they’re limited differently based on attached supply cable.

hmmwv79

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan base RWD
Country flag
This is same issue for me. Last trial is change receptical. If that did not works, I will talked with my dealer or Porsch NA to get replacement.
Sponsored