75Chainslipr

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Macan, Taycan 4S
Country flag
My 2021 Taycan 4S was delivered on August 3. It is an incredible vehicle! Unfortunately, I am continuing to receive the “No connection to PCM” message on Porsche Connect. Also, I cannot load the Porsche Charging Locations on the Nav or the “news” or other information that access cellular data service. I have tried to connect at numerous locations to ensure that the cell service is not the problem. Any thoughts on how I might get a connection?

Porsche Taycan Help with connection to PCM Screen Shot 2021-08-21 at 8.55.28 PM
Sponsored

themickd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2020 Macan S
Country flag
I’m getting the same issue. Just picked mine up this weekend. Frustrating

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Weirdly I get the same message but still can connect to the car through the app and use all it's features (profile/timer setup, open doors, etc.)

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
My car has functioned mostly without faults for 9 months. Three weeks ago lost all connection as you mention including no phone connection LTE, no Connect app etc... to the vehicle.
My bluetooth does not even show the Taycan.
Stopped by my Porsche center and the Taycan tech told me the PCM will probably need to be replaced. They will check it after the WMA5, WMA7, AMB5 scheduled September 7.
My dealer had no service appointments available for 4 weeks.

Last edited:

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
My car has functioned mostly without faults for 9 months. Three weeks ago lost all connection as you mention including no phone connection LTE, no Connect app etc... to the vehicle.
My bluetooth does not even show the Taycan.
Stopped by my Porsche center and the Taycan tech told me the PCM will probably need to be replaced. They will check it after the WMA5, WMA7, AMB5 scheduled September 7.
My dealer had not service appointments available for 4 weeks.
I have a similar issue. My car stopped reporting and did not connect with MyPorsche or the app after 11th August. It also lost all destinations and favourites etc. The PCM shows LTE connection but even searches for Ionity charging stations or Porsche charging service shows No Results! The car has been with the dealer for a week now and they have not been able to connect to it. They even told me first that there was no Internet module in my car.

The car was at the dealer for the recall update (AMB5??).

Looks like some of the latest OTA updates for the PCM has caused this. They are waiting for Porsche to approve a new PCM and wiring! Could be a long wait again.

OP
OP
75Chainslipr

75Chainslipr

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Weirdly I get the same message but still can connect to the car through the app and use all it's features (profile/timer setup, open doors, etc.)
Thank you. Are you able to view the Porsche Charging Stations on the Nav?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My 2021 Taycan 4S was delivered on August 3. It is an incredible vehicle! Unfortunately, I am continuing to receive the “No connection to PCM” message on Porsche Connect. Also, I cannot load the Porsche Charging Locations on the Nav or the “news” or other information that access cellular data service. I have tried to connect at numerous locations to ensure that the cell service is not the problem. Any thoughts on how I might get a connection?

Screen Shot 2021-08-21 at 8.55.28 PM.png
The bottom right quadrant is not relevant to anything unless you want to connect your phone to the in car WiFi hotspot to sync your calendar(s) - not much use besides and has no bearing on any other access.

The key pathway is from your Mobile to the Porsche Server and then to your car (not the other way around). Normally bottom right quadrant is always red (next time you're in the car start the in-car hotspot and then connect to it to see the red go green).

Top right quadrant should be green e.g. when connect via your home WiFi (or other)

Missing / inactive services are possibly due to your service activation process (by your Dealer) - so Weather, News etc are part of that process. Check the state of your services on My Porsche to see what is active and what is pending. Also there could be an issue with Verizon (or whomever provides the LTE service for the vehicle).

None of these services require the optional / additional data service - you only need this if you have non-cell enabled devices e.g. tablets that you want to share data via the car's hotspot rather than using your mobile as a hotspot.

Attachments

OP
OP
75Chainslipr

75Chainslipr

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have a similar issue. My car stopped reporting and did not connect with MyPorsche or the app after 11th August. It also lost all destinations and favourites etc. The PCM shows LTE connection but even searches for Ionity charging stations or Porsche charging service shows No Results! The car has been with the dealer for a week now and they have not been able to connect to it. They even told me first that there was no Internet module in my car.

The car was at the dealer for the recall update (AMB5??).

Looks like some of the latest OTA updates for the PCM has caused this. They are waiting for Porsche to approve a new PCM and wiring! Could be a long wait again.
The bottom right quadrant is not relevant to anything unless you want to connect your phone to the in car WiFi hotspot to sync your calendar(s) - not much use besides and has no bearing on any other access.

The key pathway is from your Mobile to the Porsche Server and then to your car (not the other way around). Normally bottom right quadrant is always red (next time you're in the car start the in-car hotspot and then connect to it to see the red go green).

Top right quadrant should be green e.g. when connect via your home WiFi (or other)

Missing / inactive services are possibly due to your service activation process (by your Dealer) - so Weather, News etc are part of that process. Check the state of your services on My Porsche to see what is active and what is pending. Also there could be an issue with Verizon (or whomever provides the LTE service for the vehicle).

None of these services require the optional / additional data service - you only need this if you have non-cell enabled devices e.g. tablets that you want to share data via the car's hotspot rather than using your mobile as a hotspot.
Thank you.

B_TaycanTurbo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just started having a similar issue. I no longer have bluetooth or phone functionality in my 2020 Turbo. Also cannot connect through the app. Everything worked fine since picking up in Aug of 2020 until about two weeks ago. When I go to phone page on the car's screen the option to search for a new device is grayed out and when I click on it I get a message saying that function is unavailable. My phone shows up on the devices page but the only option there is the carplay icon which doesn't do anything. I also have other icons grayed out such as the internet radio and apple music on the media page and the calendar. So it seems like all the connected features are no longer working as of about two weeks ago.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Just started having a similar issue. I no longer have bluetooth or phone functionality in my 2020 Turbo. Also cannot connect through the app. Everything worked fine since picking up in Aug of 2020 until about two weeks ago. When I go to phone page on the car's screen the option to search for a new device is grayed out and when I click on it I get a message saying that function is unavailable. My phone shows up on the devices page but the only option there is the carplay icon which doesn't do anything. I also have other icons grayed out such as the internet radio and apple music on the media page and the calendar. So it seems like all the connected features are no longer working as of about two weeks ago.
All of this sounds just the way my car behaved from around 11th August. Luckily it was booked in for the recall update so this was also investigated. I had no Apple Car Play, Internet Radion, no traffic information and had lost all of my destinations etc etc. I could also not search for any Ionity charging stations.

Bring the car to your dealer for service. In my car they had to change a connection module, a gateway module as well as the LTE/GSM module. Since getting the car back after 10 days, it now works better than it has ever done. I have nearly 90%+ success rate in connecting with my Connect app, against about 25% before. So far it works just fine

Siress

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 93 928GTS, 94 911 C2, 93 500E
Country flag
I am having the exact same issue, my nav is all messed up, cannot connect any devices, the app on the phone shows that the car is not connected to the Porsche Servers.

UroDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
812 Superfast; AMG GT 53; Taycan 4S; DB11
Country flag
I am having the exact same issue, my nav is all messed up, cannot connect any devices, the app on the phone shows that the car is not connected to the Porsche Servers.
Has anyone discovered a user serviceable fix for this? Or is it a 'dealer only' fix? Thanks.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Is this a new car setup or a new problem?

You could try deleting your Porsche ID from the PCM and then do a complete data reset and start over.

Have you tried both keys?

CdlBHM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘19 Cayenne e-Hybrid, ‘21 Taycan CT, BMW 2002
Country flag
Is this a new car setup or a new problem?

You could try deleting your Porsche ID from the PCM and then do a complete data reset and start over.

Have you tried both keys?
I have had this same problem since I picked my car up almost one month ago. It worked for the first day, but not after that. I have reset to factory settings multiple times. How do you delete the Porsche ID from the PCM? I have been asking Porsche NA to do this, but so far they have not. The dealer has been no help.
Sponsored