Here she is

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Yes indeed. The best and cheapest option?
Hey can't recall off top of my head but did you get the skirt/sills painted too to match - thought they came with unpainted black plastic except for color of choice inserts - right?

Also did you have your originals sanded down and primed or did you go and get the replacement Turbo S arch covers and install those painted to match?

And one last question :) - do you happen to know or see how these plastic pieces were attached and re-attached to the car? We're assuming 3M tape vs clips etc. but would LOVE to know!

Last edited:

OP
OP
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
Hey can't recall off top of my head but did you get the skirt/sills painted too to match - thought they came with unpainted black plastic except for color of choice inserts - right?

Also did you have your originals sanded down and primed or did you go and get the replacement Turbo S arch covers and install those painted to match?

And one last question :) - do you happen to know or see how these plastic pieces were attached and re-attached to the car? We're assuming 3M tape vs clips etc. but would LOVE to know!
[/QUOTE]

yes, everything in black plastic is painted, sideskirts, front and back and bumper inserts and Off course the arches. Was done by professional bodyshop. Everything sanded down and then painted to body color after primer. No new pieces were used. The arches are fixed with double glue tape, detached with hot air and then fixed again with tape.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
yes, everything in black plastic is painted, sideskirts, front and back and bumper inserts and Off course the arches. Was done by professional bodyshop. Everything sanded down and then painted to body color after primer. No new pieces were used. The arches are fixed with double glue tape, detached with hot air and then fixed again with tape.
Awesome - thanks for confirming the attachment mechanism - we suspected as much but great to now know for sure.

After just seeing @Klepper 's car today, the 'roughness' of the plastic coverings is way less than I thought I saw on another thread, so not that big a job to sand smooth.

Your car looks fantastic and I am now too considering matching the area you painted additionally to body color - starts getting pricey though :)!

Jularee

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Toyota Camry in oxidized green
Country flag
First off the car Looks awesome. I have ct on order hopefully delivered in early Nov and I hate the plastic wheel wells too.

I have One Question...Did you consider wrapping them?

Im leasing the car and just trying to figure out the best way to go but Id prefer to wrap them to be easily taken off once I return the car.

[/QUOTE]

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
First off the car Looks awesome. I have ct on order hopefully delivered in early Nov and I hate the plastic wheel wells too.

Im leasing the car and just trying to figure out the best way to go but Id prefer to wrap them to be easily taken off once I return the car.

[/QUOTE]
Agreed and TBH I keep putting off the idea of wrapping but truly almost as good as paint - that Brit thread showing a CT Turbo S with a satin flat black wrap is top notch and challenges my perceptions about wrapping :) keeps me guessing :)

OP
OP
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cross Turismo 4
Country flag

[/QUOTE]
They cant wrap the plastic parts or it has to be sprayed.