Homelink Always Pops Up on Start Now

MartyMeatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
After the uPdate the Homelink pop-up appears whenever I start the car, regardless of my location. Doesn't seem right.
Sponsored

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo MY22
Country flag
After the uPdate the Homelink pop-up appears whenever I start the car, regardless of my location. Doesn't seem right.
Did you safe your location as well?
I just programmed the HomeLink today and thereafter saved my location. This ensures the pop up. The option to save is under the 3 dots when being in the homelink menu or in the standard menu but search for it and you will find it.
Let me know if it worked!

JamesDD

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
My Homelink pop-up works but is hidden behind the camera reverse view. So after selecting drive I have to wait about 5 seconds until the camera view goes off and exposes the Homelink pop-up. 5 seconds wait shouldn’t irritate but it does. If there isn’t a way to bring the Homelink pop-up to the front I’ll probably use up either the steering wheel or 'cluster' diamond shortcut.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
My Homelink pop-up works but is hidden behind the camera reverse view. So after selecting drive I have to wait about 5 seconds until the camera view goes off and exposes the Homelink pop-up. 5 seconds wait shouldn’t irritate but it does. If there isn’t a way to bring the Homelink pop-up to the front I’ll probably use up either the steering wheel or 'cluster' diamond shortcut.
Just press the home link button that shows up to the right of the backup camera view. You don’t have to wait for anything.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you.
I didn't notice the second location when camera view was on.
It’s easy to miss it. Lots of little icons all over the place.

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
I wish there were hard buttons for homelink. The screens are annoying. My routine: start car, engage reverse and back out of garage. Stop car, (still in reverse), then push homelink button to the right of reverse camera, then press home link button to close the door, then press park assist so I can back down the driveway. Several extra steps. Annoying.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I wish there were hard buttons for homelink. The screens are annoying. My routine: start car, engage reverse and back out of garage. Stop car, (still in reverse), then push homelink button to the right of reverse camera, then press home link button to close the door, then press park assist so I can back down the driveway. Several extra steps. Annoying.
If you long press the homelink button to the right of the camera image it sends the signal to the garage door (as long as you have the uPdate).

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
If you long press the homelink button to the right of the camera image it sends the signal to the garage door (as long as you have the uPdate).
Only if you have a single garage door saved. If you have multiple doors, even at different locations, pressing the homelink button only brings up a pop up of which door to operate, irregardless of location. Stupid design.

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
Did not know this. I have two doors saved, but may consider deleting one to enable this feature. I tried one of the shortcut buttons for a day, but found that it too activates the pop-up and I still had to interact with the touch screen to choose which door to activate.

JamesDD

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
I can manage with one door setting so will also go with that for simplicity. Funny how in Porsche's pursuit of high tech luxury, the feature is made much worse that the 3 button solution in a 30k car.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I can manage with one door setting so will also go with that for simplicity. Funny how in Porsche's pursuit of high tech luxury, the feature is made much worse that the 3 button solution in a 30k car.
I completely agree. Dumb decision not to use the 3 button system that seemingly every other car uses.

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
I deleted one of the garage doors and it didn’t work. So then I deleted the remaining door, re-added it and it worked. This is much better than using the pop up. I can press the icon and not lose the park assist cameras. It’s still not as good as three hard buttons. Thanks for the tip.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
BTW is there a way to change the order of the saved doors other than deleting and readding? I added a new door recently and it's now the first one (left most) in my popup. I'd rather it be the last one (right most) since I'll be using it rarely.
Sponsored