manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
My E-tron has a simple solution. The Homelink appears on the bottom screen above the HVAC controls. So it doesn't require closing the backup camera. Works fine.

Honestly I can't believe how different the UX is between the E-tron and Taycan. Neither are great, but the E-tron is much better in my opinion. Maybe it's because I'm more used to it, but it seems easier to use overall. The only think I like more on the Taycan is the center gauge cluster.
Sponsored

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Unlike NOT including a PHYSICAL rotary control for vertical scrolling (instead of swipe, swipe, swipe, swipe, swipe, swipe, swipe, swipe, swipe, swipe, swipe, swipe, swipe, swipe, swipe, swipe, swipe, swipe, etc) - its easy enough to RETROACTIVELY solve this issue with a SOFTWARE UPDATE.

We don't need them to re-engineer, re-manufacture, and replace, the mirror. Just make the Homelink button a small pull down window on the UI (which doesn't cover everything up). (This is exactly the Tesla does this on my Model X)

...or allow us to assign a SINGLE/SPECIFIC Homelink button to one of the User Definable Buttons. (...although this would "burn" one of those buttons - but I'ld take it!)
Just curious - why do you need your car to be able to open more than one door? Is it a problem to always park in the same stall in your garage? Don’t take this the wrong way - I’m just trying to understand the use case.

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Just curious - why do you need your car to be able to open more than one door? Is it a problem to always park in the same stall in your garage? Don’t take this the wrong way - I’m just trying to understand the use case.
In my case, I have 4 doors programmed ! The three shown in the photo plus a pedestrian door ... not necessary but since I have enough slots ! On my Mercedes, they come with three. Also if you have your office or family... I find it useful... the more the merrier.
Porsche Taycan HomeLink shortcomings... BD71CCBC-7929-4134-8CF8-0D94FCE75593

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
In my case, I have 4 doors programmed ! The three shown in the photo plus a pedestrian door ... not necessary but since I have enough slots ! On my Mercedes, they come with three. Also if you have your office or family... I find it useful... the more the merrier.
BD71CCBC-7929-4134-8CF8-0D94FCE75593.jpeg
I
I have a gate and a garage door. I appreciate the tip about the new batteries when programming. I'll try that with my gate since it seems to not have the range of the garage opener.

kwrudy123

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I only have one Homelink profile, "garage" and I mapped it to the joker button on the driver display.

Press once: Garage door opens
Press again: Garage door closes

It doesn't change anything on either display screen or bring up any menus.

Also. it's a short press/tap, not a long press like I hear you have to do through the Homelink UI

I don't bother with the GPS at all. My guess is that if you deleted the other two profiles you would get the same behavior I have, but I'm not sure of any way to keep all three profiles but have the joker button just work for one of them.
I think the issue with the conflict between the programmable button on the dash (for Homelink use) and the back-up camera screen is when you have more than one gate or garage programmed into the car's Homelink function. When there is more than one, pressing the Homelink command button brings up a sub-Homelink screen with the multiple garages/gates shown. You then have to press one of those on the main PCM screen to operate the door you want. That is a pain when backing up as the previous post said.

kwrudy123

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
BD71CCBC-7929-4134-8CF8-0D94FCE75593.jpeg
Yeah, and I have a neighborhood gate, then a driveway gate, then a garage door at the end of the driveway. I could have more too, with a work garage. So it is easy in our world today to have multiple Homelink needs.

OP
OP
evanevery

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
I have a lift in one bay. I sometimes need to rotate the cars around to use it. IOW I don't always park in the same bay.

Sometimes I'm parked in the driveway and want to open a different door to get my mower or tractor out.
Sponsored