Homelink Question

WES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, Cayman S, BYD EV, Buick Van, Toyota Van
Country flag
Will Homelink work with a FAAC gate system? i cannot get mine to program.
Sponsored

mikeva

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Base
Country flag
Will Homelink work with a FAAC gate system? i cannot get mine to program.
Can’t answer for Taycan yet but it worked fine on my 2017 Cayenne and my 2013 911

GRV

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7 | Tesla Model 3 | Taycan 4s (MY21)
Country flag
I suppose the moral of the story is that it's irrelevant to store the GPS data if you've assigned a shortcut button to the remote because what's the point? It doesn't do anything except prompt the PCM to display the Homelink button, which presumably has already been assigned to a shortcut. Kind of lame on Porsche’s part if you ask me.
I've learned like others that the shortcut button works well to open and close the door if you only have one door programmed. If multiple doors are programmed all the shortcut does is bring up the door selection menu. Since I've only programmed one door I find it annoying that when departing from home the homelink menu automatically comes up because of GPS location storing and it requires dismissing by pressing the X. To eliminate this annoyance (although minor) I drove the car to another location and re-saved the location. No more menu screen at home. Shortcut still works fine.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
How many separate devices can be programmed?

In most cases I will just need to open the gate and the garage door where my Taycan will live. However there may be occasions where I might park in a different garage so it would be helpful to be able to have more than one garage programmed. Is this possible? From memory there were 3 or 4 slots available when I had homelink on a 991.

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
How many separate devices can be programmed?

In most cases I will just need to open the gate and the garage door where my Taycan will live. However there may be occasions where I might park in a different garage so it would be helpful to be able to have more than one garage programmed. Is this possible? From memory there were 3 or 4 slots available when I had homelink on a 991.
According to Good to Know it’s up to eight:

Porsche Taycan Homelink Question F71D62B9-9A6B-4DEA-A711-091B86A0F4B9
Sponsored