How long before delivery can you amend spec?

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
A button push away from ordering a company car Taycan, but they want me to pay all option costs up front at the point of ordering.

Currently struggling to get under 12k ( U.K.) options and don’t really want to pay that up front, and then wait 6 months which is current eta.

Company we use say I have to pay all options at point of ordering, but surely I can change them as per Porsches guidelines, hence question of when does spec get locked down?
Sponsored

Cilviloze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster, MB E class, MB S class, Alphard
Country flag
This is not UK market.

I paid the first deposit in late June, to reserve an allocation. It's 10% of based price.

My lock date is in late Oct.
Yes, I've got to pay 100% of options prior to that date.

My delivery is sometime in March/April.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Just Curious? Is that a refundable deposit?

Cilviloze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster, MB E class, MB S class, Alphard
Country flag
Just Curious? Is that a refundable deposit?
I have never ask this question to my sales rep but I don't think so. Money is in their pocket now.

I guess I could change to other model though, if I change your mind. (before the lock date)

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
A button push away from ordering a company car Taycan, but they want me to pay all option costs up front at the point of ordering.

Currently struggling to get under 12k ( U.K.) options and don’t really want to pay that up front, and then wait 6 months which is current eta.

Company we use say I have to pay all options at point of ordering, but surely I can change them as per Porsches guidelines, hence question of when does spec get locked down?
The standards t&c’s on deposit as per Porsche UK is £5000 on a Taycan. Not sure what dealer you are working with or if your talking to a brocker. Sounds like the later to me?

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
The standards t&c’s on deposit as per Porsche UK is £5000 on a Taycan. Not sure what dealer you are working with or if your talking to a brocker. Sounds like the later to me?
It’s a company car order ( as in proper company car provided by employer). Not sure what dealer it will come from, as I would go through Zenith ( the company who provide the cars) and they organise.

I could order a standard car tomorrow and I wouldn’t have to pay a bean ( presume zenith pay deposits to Porsche).

My problem zenith want all options money paid up front, as in at point of order. It’s a bit silly putting options on a CC but if I’m having it for 4 years I think I’d want them. Between 10k-12k on options at the mo and that’s being tight!

I’d rather pay the money as late as possible, so thinking add a few options now then add more as late as possible and pay at same time. I’ve asked zenith this but they are being vague!

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sounds like that’s the deal your company and zenith have agreed then. So the money you put in options is paid by you personally to zenith and you get no return when you hand car back?

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Sounds like that’s the deal your company and zenith have agreed then. So the money you put in options is paid by you personally to zenith and you get no return when you hand car back?
Correct. Any money I put in is just at my choice, hence me struggling with choosing the options. Hand car back after 4 years or 80k. Think I probably just need to get on with it and order it, but the fact everything on a Porsche is an option makes it difficult!

I’m pressing zenith for an answer on if I can add options later so will see what they come back with, as would prefer to order base car now add options at last minute.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I wouldn’t order any options mate. Let your company get you the car and your on a free run around for the next few years. BIK is low etc, no point in you using your own cash on someone else’s car with no return.

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
I wouldn’t order any options mate. Let your company get you the car and your on a free run around for the next few years. BIK is low etc, no point in you using your own cash on someone else’s car with no return.
This is absolutely the right answer.... just can’t bring myself to order with no options though ( can only get 4s)

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is absolutely the right answer.... just can’t bring myself to order with no options though ( can only get 4s)
I get that pal. A basic 4S would be tough for me to live with. The bigger battery is a absolute must in my book.

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
I get that pal. A basic 4S would be tough for me to live with. The bigger battery is a absolute must in my book.
Funnily enough that’s the one option I can get without paying upfront (bigger battery) but it’s £60 extra month, and I don’t think I need it. I never do more than 200 miles in a day for work and think I will just charge each night at home or as required.

New colours have come on to zeniths website now to order. Decisions decisions ...

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Since you have to live with it for 4 years, there's stuff I'd just pay for, like the Bose radio. I'd also pay for whichever seats I liked.
Sponsored