"June 2023 delivery expected if ordering today". How much can I trust it?

Bgee

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I placed an order at RWC back in mid-November last year and got delivery in April - a few weeks early. Time to delivery from the date at the Bencia Port was only a few days. No markup. I believe your deposit gets you in line for a production slot, which is based on their allocation. They had a pretty good idea on the delivery date even before the production slot is assigned. Be aware - when you pick up the car they will try to sell you $20K more of upgrades - extended warranty, service contracts, paint protection film, etc.

Also, if you get a third party paint protection film installed, you are likely to need to get your mirror sensors recalibrated. Since the mirrors are removed in the installation process, you will get an error message on your dashboard. Cost $825 to get this service.

Porsche Taycan "June 2023 delivery expected if ordering today". How much can I trust it? IMG_0543

TroopStormer

First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s otw
Country flag
Spoke to a dealer near me today (UK) who said can expect a gts saloon q2 2023. Surprised as I expected at least q3 2023. I put down a deposit for a 4s at the start of December 2021 and should have a build by September 2022. Pondering whether to wait a bit longer for the gts as it comes with most of the options I now want on the 4s.

im85288a

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST
Country flag
Spoke to a dealer near me today (UK) who said can expect a gts saloon q2 2023. Surprised as I expected at least q3 2023. I put down a deposit for a 4s at the start of December 2021 and should have a build by September 2022. Pondering whether to wait a bit longer for the gts as it comes with most of the options I now want on the 4s.

That's a tough one, I would go with the 4S for now and maybe put down another deposit for the GTS. There's a fair bit of rumors suggesting MY24 will be the face lift model which is most probably delivered Q3/Q4 2023 so it would make sense to try and get that model rather than one arriving Q2 2023. I am in a similar mind set, my 4S ST is due end of this year and I am planning on putting down a deposit for a face lifted model....if the face lift is not that significant I will take the deposit back or ask them to keep it for what I ultimately want which is the Electric Cayman (rumored to arrive before 2025)

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The predicaments in this thread are why I canceled my GTS ST alloc and bought a CPO Taycan Turbo on the lot.

At some point in the future I hope I’ll be able to order a Taycan wagon to spec and have it delivered in 4-6 months as per usual before all of this madness.

best of luck to those waiting - I hope things improve and you get your cars ASAP
Sponsored