BeTay22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 BMW X5 while waiting for more high-power chargers
Country flag
Is the CT4 really that much less efficient than the 4S?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
It’s a Porsche not a Nissan, who cares about efficiency? Did any 911 owner ever compare MPG before buying, I doubt it……….
I can see your point in som ways, but link the efficiency with range!
You might find with am]n Ice that suddenly the Petrol tank has increased in volume. Look at a M5 vs a normal BMW 5 series. 80 litres brings you to your destination, but the consumption is next days discussion. And there is not much of a penalty for increasing the weight slightly.

In an EV the weight will have a major impact.

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Check the temperatures CT 7 centigrade (cold) Taycan 4S 24 centigrade, huge difference.
He recalculated everything back to 10 degrees to get like for like (see average watt usages at 10 degrees)

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
He recalculated everything back to 10 degrees to get like for like (see average watt usages at 10 degrees)
He gets an A for effort but there are lots of errors. It is a pretty big project to undertake.

As there isn't a huge difference between the 4S and CT to start with so when someone says there is, it probably requires a harder look.

He got the battery sizes mixed up. Used gross for the 4s and net for the CT. And the WLTP figure is the same for both cars. Go figure.

And the distance vs temperature relationship is not linear. He says he used a temperature coefficient of 1.375% /C to correct for differences in temperature. That is every 1C change results in a 1.375% change in range.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
i agree! When did anyone buy any porsche with the thought it is efficient? its the drive that matters not you MPG or KWH
These forums are a bit different with a mix of EV enthusiasts, Porsche enthusiasts, and a combination of both. Makes for interesting discussions. But I agree with you. I bought my Taycan primarily because I wanted a Porsche first and an EV second. If Porsche wasn't making an EV I might have bought a 911 or just stayed with my 18-year-old Acura MDX ;)
Sponsored