allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
Your picture is with your Taycan parked. Do you have proof of the rear LED strip being illuminated while in motion with the headlights off?

For example I set my lights to stay on for 70 seconds after unlocking/locking and this duration can be adjusted even longer in the PCM settings for lighting.
Hum... It's actually a good point... I feel ashamed if I had you mistaken. I'll find out but in the end I may end up in the same boat as everybody else...
Sponsored

AmineS

First Name
Amine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 540i, Ducati Panigale V4S, BMW R1200GS, RWD
Country flag
Hi all, what is PIWIS?

OP
OP
Porsche-Guru

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi all, what is PIWIS?
It is Porsche engineering software.. used by Porsche.

It has feature like diagnosis, modular firmware upgrade, individual settings enabling, loading certificates, updating maps, other data items, etc...

Similar to ISTA/P for BMW...

AmineS

First Name
Amine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 540i, Ducati Panigale V4S, BMW R1200GS, RWD
Country flag
It is Porsche engineering software.. used by Porsche.

It has feature like diagnosis, modular firmware upgrade, individual settings enabling, loading certificates, updating maps, other data items, etc...

Similar to ISTA/P for BMW...
Thank you P Guru! I assume it's a software that is not accessible to all comers.

OP
OP
Porsche-Guru

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you P Guru! I assume it's a software that is not accessible to all comers.
It is not accessible from Porsche direct to consumers... but it is made available to dealers and to others for purchase.
We are talking about £3-4,000... so definitely not a consumer buy.

However, I am aware that there are copies out on in the wild.... hence my previous questions if anyone knows where this can be downloaded from or some member who already has a copy or some torrent link or something...

fika

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It is not accessible from Porsche direct to consumers... but it is made available to dealers and to others for purchase.
We are talking about £3-4,000... so definitely not a consumer buy.

However, I am aware that there are copies out on in the wild.... hence my previous questions if anyone knows where this can be downloaded from or some member who already has a copy or some torrent link or something...
I've found a few online, they range from about $500-$1000 (USD). Just search PIWIS 3 or III. I don't have any feedback on any of the suppliers. Maybe find a few and search their company names in other forums to get some real world feedback.

Someone told me that MY23+ Taycan use a different protocol so it may not work for those models.

castadream

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Had friend look and photograph. My light strip stays on during day. Both with headlights set to auto or on. Confused now about others. Maybe a U.S. thing?

freeforall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
Had friend look and photograph. My light strip stays on during day. Both with headlights set to auto or on. Confused now about others. Maybe a U.S. thing?
Did you buy your Taycan 2nd hand? Or was it a new?
If it is 2nd hand I am wondering whether the 1st owner succeeded to reconfigure it.

castadream

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Did you buy your Taycan 2nd hand? Or was it a new?
If it is 2nd hand I am wondering whether the 1st owner succeeded to reconfigure it.
True. Bought w/ 5k. Just more believable to me had you told me there was an OTA update this morning than prior owner having this done.

OP
OP
Porsche-Guru

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can you please check that the rear lights are still ON when the Switch is in Auto, and the headlights are definitely OFF.

You will have to attempt this during bright day/ sunlight to ensure that headlights are definitely OFF and the rears are still ON.

Unless, the car has been programmed, this should not be the case… but if it is, you are lucky - someone has already coded it !

ZenicaNC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Cayenne S E-Hybrid
Country flag
My US Taycan turns the rear strip off during DRL.

ZenicaNC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Cayenne S E-Hybrid
Country flag
I may have to return to the selling dealer despite it not being the closest or most convenient dealer, if I do, I'll inquire about paying for time to sit with a tech and a PIWIS programmer to see what options I can enable/disable. Of course they may tell me it isn't their policy/protocol to allow this.

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
What are your settings in the PCM for the "coming home" lights feature?
Did you and your friend wait longer than that amount of time to observe the rear light?

As I mentioned earlier in this thread mine are set to stay on for 70 seconds and I believe they can be set to stay on for as long as 2 minutes, maybe more.

castadream

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan 4S
Country flag
So @Porsche-Guru I believe is correct! Despite even my video (screen cap below) I had friend take. IIRC now although my AUTOS where on, I see now that my lights may have also been on (as lit up on the indicator). It was 8am and certainly thought enough light but perhaps Porsche thought "dusk" and put on dipped lights too. Or the "situational lighting distribution" for whatever reason felt dipped lights needed to be on.

Regardless, today at Noon, I had my son follow me, and he confirmed (also verified w/ Pic) it's not there (I noted that Auto was on, and Lights were off).

Thanks @Porsche-Guru. Then again makes me wonder had not came back here, for the rest of my time w/ the car I would have thought otherwise (and would have made no difference probably to anybody but me in believing it was on). Ha.

Porsche Taycan How to keep Rear LED strip always ON? Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 16.08.03
Sponsored