How would you spec differently next time?

DenverDG

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2017 Tesla S 100D
Country flag
Electric sports sound is nice but nothing more than a gimmick the way it is implemented. No settings, no easy access:

1. Button on steering wheel to switch on/off
2. Settings to change volume level outside
3. Settings to change volume level inside
4. Many more detailed settings possible to create sound for certain situations to make it really useful

I don't regret it, but it clearly is the least useful feature in the car.
Most important feature when driving in a crowded parking lot as you drive behind people ambling slowly. ;)
Sponsored

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
1) Blade wheels instead of Mission E
2) No thermally insulated glass
3) Different color (I have white now)
4) Oleo leather
5) Don't need sport sound

Stretch9

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 Audi R8 V10, '19 Mini JCW, '15 MB C300 hybrid
Country flag
I found the heads-up display to be completely useless.
Can you expand on this pls. I was hoping HUD would be a good / must have option. Thx

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
I cheaped out on the wheels and went with the standard Turbo Aero. They don't look bad and I didn't really like the Mission-E white-rim look. But then I saw Mission-Es in a thread on here in Satin Platinum and fell in love. Those with Ice Grey Metallic would be my only changes but for £4K extra in real life I just couldn't justify it.
Porsche Taycan How would you spec differently next time? Screenshot 2021-03-01 at 19.32.19

Dak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan 4s Neptune Blue
Country flag
Can you expand on this pls. I was hoping HUD would be a good / must have option. Thx
If you're not using the car's built-in navigation then there is nothing new that the HUD shows which you don't already have on the screen behind the steering wheel. When using the navigation, it shows you where to turn, etc. but the graphics are very simplistic. I always use the navigation via CarPlay but the HUD does not work with CarPlay. Overall, the HUD does not improve the driving experience and given a choice I would spend the $1800 elsewhere.

Last edited:

Codeias

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST (MY23), 911 Carrera 4 GTS (997)
Country flag
HUD is great... just an ace addition for general info and nav, I also personally feel it finishes the dash lines / flow. A bit of a controversial statement but I always felt the dash looked worse without it, especially if you have sport chrono.

WalterG

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
I like the sound/heat isolation glass, and it's very quiet, but in the Denver area I can't get the ExpressToll transponder to work in the car at all, so just paying the higher license plate price. Don't drive toll roads daily, so no big deal.

Rear axle steering is AMAZING. Love it. Best thing.

Lane-keeping and ACC are OK, but would have appreciated the Innodrive on a recent long trip. I'm split on the power charging doors – very cool but yes sometimes they open or close when I don't need or want them to.

Charging dock/pedestal not necessary, and did not purchase.

I wish the passenger display had more options so the value is limited. And with CarPlay active it will only display on the main screen.

Best car ever.
I may change my vote on sound/heat insulation glass... I drive in toll areas fairly often so that's a hassle/drawback. The car is the most quiet I've ever owned with standard glass so given the toll tradeoff I'd probably just stay with standard glass.

I also do not have the dock/pedestal and just mounted the pmcc brackets to the wall - works fine for me.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Most important feature when driving in a crowded parking lot as you drive behind people ambling slowly. ;)
Exactly the problem I had yesterday. Spooky how you read my mind!

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag

WES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, Cayman S, BYD EV, Buick Van, Toyota Van
Country flag
A lot depends on where you live. In shanghai, I drive regularly heavy traffic, so I have all the driver assist. I let the car manage the speed and simple steering in the bumper to bumper segments of my normal drive. The HUD is an important part of how I use it. The HUD let’s me see when it is ready to steer and when everything is engaged or more importantly when not. Also, the rws helps a lot in the tight parking garages.

Satin_Volcano

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s, 2016 Gt3RS
Country flag
I don't get my car till the end of the month and think its close to the perfect build.

What i'd add..
4s to Turbo S
HUD
Carbon Aero package -unless upgrading to Turbo S

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I may change my vote on sound/heat insulation glass... I drive in toll areas fairly often so that's a hassle/drawback. The car is the most quiet I've ever owned with standard glass so given the toll tradeoff I'd probably just stay with standard glass.
I have the acoustic glass and a toll device with no issues. The manual deals with this specifically:

Porsche Taycan How would you spec differently next time? IMG_0023.PNG