JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sorry guys, but the reviewer messed up. He substituted in the gross battery size when he should have been using the net battery size. It only beats the EPA estimate by 4 miles.

When corrected he isn't going to be mightily impressed.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I love all these "tests" and articles.....

Here's what I know. It was 10 degrees farenheit this week and my car got 136 miles of range @ 85% charge. The Bullshit guesstimate was at 202 miles at 85% when I was in the garage. When I drove 8/10 of a mile the range guesstimate was already down to 185 miles. And the guesstimate and actual range dropped rapidly from there.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I love all these "tests" and articles.....

Here's what I know. It was 10 degrees farenheit this week and my car got 136 miles of range @ 85% charge. The Bullshit guesstimate was at 202 miles at 85% when I was in the garage. When I drove 8/10 of a mile the range guesstimate was already down to 185 miles. And the guesstimate and actual range dropped rapidly from there.
Maybe because you had the car in the garage so it didn’t know what the outdoor temperature was?

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe because you had the car in the garage so it didn’t know what the outdoor temperature was?
Yes, that is definitely a factor in the "guesstimate".

But, the range itself is pretty abysmal when its very cold
Sponsored