E2EEO

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Picked up my frozen blue Taycan 4S last week.

Took it out and went into shop to grab some beer for the Football. Just noticed this morning that some motherfucker has dinged my door , doesn't look like a dent but its definitely chipped the surface paint off and now its showing the lighter blue/white primer.

Who in the UK is the best person to repair this? I am fuming and feel like going back to shop to get CCTV footage but I know thats extreme!

Anyone any tips? Will Porsche assist?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Nightmare!

Porsche will have an approved body shop that they can recommend. Ask your dealer.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That truly sucks! I haven't got my car yet, but when I get it next week, I'm immediately driving it to get a full body PPF to mitigate the likelihood of this happening.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have always felt the first damage to a new car is a blessing in disguise. It really sucks and yup, makes you want to cry.. but it also starts the process of transitioning the car from a treasured art piece to a fun piece of equipment.

The Taycan is a versatile, rugged car for what it is. Enjoy driving & using it, little dents/scratches/chips can always be fixed.

UroDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
812 Superfast; AMG GT 53; Taycan 4S; DB11
Country flag
This sucks. I had my car keyed - despite PPF and ceramic coating - and spend days searching for the right answer - full repaint or not, etc.
Agree that the first dent/scratch is the worst - but that it helps transition the mind set to how you treat it.
And for what its worth - I ended up doing a repair myself with Porsche Touch-up paint. It is not visible unless you look for it. Which works for me! :)

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
Tell me about it! My car had 65 miles on it and I backed into an underground parking pillar. It impacted at less than 1/10th of a mile per hour but hit the corner of the bumper cover and could not be repaired without replacing the cover. It is being repaired this week - $2,400. That is certainly far less than I paid two years ago for a front bumper cover replacement on my GT3, that was $10k.
IMG_3426.JPG

Took it out and went into shop to grab some beer for the Football. Just noticed this morning that some motherfucker has dinged my door , doesn't look like a dent but its definitely chipped the surface paint off and now its showing the lighter blue/white primer.

Who in the UK is the best person to repair this? I am fuming and feel like going back to shop to get CCTV footage but I know thats extreme!

Most of us have been there. It's one thing if the nicks and dings (mostly nicks because of track debris) happen when you are doing a track day, and another when someone else does it to your car (door ding or keyed). The solace that I take is that Dr. Porsche built those first 356's as a drivers car to be taken out and driven - more like drive the daylights out of this thing. I'm guessing that those first 356 drivers had a ball driving the windy curvy roads and looked at their dents and dings more as battle scars - the more battle scars the more it was obvious the fun that those drivers had. Now.............I still am cautious were I park and chose to drive a different vehicle when I head to the home repair store or the grocery store. Still not at ready to enter the carefreeness that I think and hope those first 356 drivers had. ?

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Sorry to hear that OP.

But it's the kind of thing we all go through every so often.

I tend not to worry about these things so much now, after being hit by a biker a number of years ago doing in excess of 100mph.....racing another biker who also had his girlfriend on the back......who also came off. None of them had leathers on.
Our car was impounded for months.

We had to buy another car and insurance it with zero no claims bonus as we had a 'pending' claim where fault wasn't determined.

It's rubbish - but things could be much much worse.

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mclaren 570GT, Cayenne
Country flag
I just use a local accident repair centre for small dents and scratches. I take all the cars once a year fpr a job lot?. I just expect them these days. I've got 2 brewing at the moment. They usually only cost a few hundred so not worth troubling the insurance.

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag

Not sure where you live but the best paint shop is Chartwell in Derby they are fantastic.

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have always felt the first damage to a new car is a blessing in disguise. It really sucks and yup, makes you want to cry.. but it also starts the process of transitioning the car from a treasured art piece to a fun piece of equipment.

The Taycan is a versatile, rugged car for what it is. Enjoy driving & using it, little dents/scratches/chips can always be fixed.
I’ll never forget buying a BMW in 2001 when the SA pulled out a ball peen hammer and offered to give me my first ding. “This way, you won’t have to worry anymore”, he said. LOL

Hami

First Name
Hamid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Blackview 900drs 2-CH with side Garmin cameras!
Sponsored