meejo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E220 Coupe, Taycan 4S
Country flag
So at the last hour - almost literally, my freeze was last week, but the real no change date was today - changed the interior on my Ice Grey Turbo from Red/Black to Chalk/Black with neodyme accents. I kept the carbon fiber trim.

I know red is fairly classic, but I was worried it would get old after a year, and I saw picture of the chalk interior with the neodyme and said “Hmmmm”.

Tell me I did the right thing :) If you have an Ice Grey / Chalk/Black Taycan, I’d love some pictures. Thanks!

Edit: Found this thread: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/taycan-with-black-chalk-interior-pic-request.655/
I did the exact same thing, my car isnt due until April but I thought the combination looked a little more premium. There’s a thread on here with a video and some pics of the combination... https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/what-you-might-want-to-know-about-4s-ownership.3263/
Sponsored

Satin_Volcano

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s, 2016 Gt3RS
Country flag
I really don't get the upcharge for some of the colors, Ice grey is so close to white, They should have up charged the Mahogany, Mamba and maybe Neptune

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I did the exact same thing, my car isnt due until April but I thought the combination looked a little more premium. There’s a thread on here with a video and some pics of the combination... https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/what-you-might-want-to-know-about-4s-ownership.3263/
Thanks! Looking now.

Edit: I sent the OP a message asking if he had more pics he would be willing to share. He called the interior Crayon, which I think is the same as Chalk? UK vs US?

Edit2: I almost gave myself a heart attack. I went to the UK site and what is called Black/Chalk Beige there looks to be called Black/Limestone Beige in the US. Black/Crayon in the UK is called Black/Chalk in the US. For a second there I thought I had ordered the limestone.....

Last edited:

DLP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Turbo
Country flag
Thanks! Looking now.

Edit: I sent the OP a message asking if he had more pics he would be willing to share. He called the interior Crayon, which I think is the same as Chalk? UK vs US?

Edit2: I almost gave myself a heart attack. I went to the UK site and what is called Black/Chalk Beige there looks to be called Black/Limestone Beige in the US. Black/Crayon in the UK is called Black/Chalk in the US. For a second there I thought I had ordered the limestone.....
Well i am just configuring a Turbo to replace a 4S. My current car is Black Metallic with Red/Bordeaux. Thinking of going Ice Grey with Black Mission E Rims and calipers, Black rear badge and sideskirts etc.... basically anything i can, will be black. However.....loving the red interior so 99% sure i'm going with that on the Ice Grey!.......... we'll see!

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well i am just configuring a Turbo to replace a 4S. My current car is Black Metallic with Red/Bordeaux. Thinking of going Ice Grey with Black Mission E Rims and calipers, Black rear badge and sideskirts etc.... basically anything i can, will be black. However.....loving the red interior so 99% sure i'm going with that on the Ice Grey!.......... we'll see!
ICE Grey with red/black looks great. If you’ve already owned a car with it I’m sure you won’t be disappointed. I was nervous that I would get tired of it after a year, and my wife didn’t love it. We road trip a lot, and I thought the chalk interior would be more relaxing.

Reactions: DLP

DLP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Turbo
Country flag
ICE Grey with red/black looks great. If you’ve already owned a car with it I’m sure you won’t be disappointed. I was nervous that I would get tired of it after a year, and my wife didn’t love it. We road trip a lot, and I thought the chalk interior would be more relaxing.
This photo kind of sold it to me

Porsche Taycan ICE GREY Taycan Club 8

Ferdinand

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S as of Feb 2021; before, BMW i3
Country flag
this looks awesome , and making me question my current choice of going with the other style of 20” wheels.
Any more pics you can share?
Thank you. None at the moment, but no doubt some in the future. It’s a metallic paint (German, Eisgraumetallic) and it looks a bit different in different lights, which I like. I hadn’t realized until recently that it’s a color available only on Taycans.

Crazycanuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, 911, Cayenne Turbo SE, McLaren GT
Country flag
Second Porsche in my life :) traded my DB11 after just 6 months. Heart lies with this car. No regrets at all - color is amazing in person! Added a white comparison for folks interested in difference.
Porsche Taycan ICE GREY Taycan Club D5223165-C97B-4FF3-93CD-1887BBCC3EF5

Porsche Taycan ICE GREY Taycan Club 30427A69-D44D-499C-A9E6-727CE64CD3CF
Porsche Taycan ICE GREY Taycan Club 3B1D6A57-B73C-48E8-BFB9-1B9B275F6C44

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Second Porsche in my life :) traded my DB11 after just 6 months. Heart lies with this car. No regrets at all - color is amazing in person! Added a white comparison for folks interested in difference.
Nice! Which interior did you go with? I can’t quite make it out.

Crazycanuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, 911, Cayenne Turbo SE, McLaren GT
Country flag
Nice! Which interior did you go with? I can’t quite make it out.
Bordeaux red & Chalk seat belts. Was debating on chalk deviated stitching but ended up skipping that.
Porsche Taycan ICE GREY Taycan Club 573487F2-C846-4B72-98F7-04136ACF4EDF

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, 911 Turbo 991.2, Lambo Gallardo, F 458
Country flag
First Ionity charge...success and fast even if only at just over 150kw rate...No issues encountered except when finishing - could not remove the charging cable.. one quick call to the helpline and within seconds I was free!

6E11095F-0A76-42E1-B48A-BA35ABD5F8CC.jpeg
I had the issue of getting the charger out, how did they fix it?

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Bordeaux red & Chalk seat belts. Was debating on chalk deviated stitching but ended up skipping that.
573487F2-C846-4B72-98F7-04136ACF4EDF.png
nice. This was my original config sans seat belts and in the last hour I changed it to the chalk/black interior. I was worried I would tire of the red after a year or so or that it might be too “in your face”. My wife was also not thrilled with the red. It looks good though :)

OP
OP
TAYC4S

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
I had the issue of getting the charger out, how did they fix it?
I just called the helpline number and within about 2 mins they remotely released it.
Sponsored