Gadzoo

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I had exactly the same problem in early December. While one of the two closest Porsche dealers was booked until mid-January, I was able to get in at the second dealer in only a few days. They gave me a loaner Macan while they had my Taycan. It took them about a day to diagnose the problem and then about a week to get the part (presumably from Germany). The problem was an HV heater failure. Interestingly, replacement required draining and refilling the antifreeze (coolant) too. Apparently the HV heater also controls cooling. I got the car back about 10 days from when I took it in.

My Turbo build date is Jan 2020. Not sure if all 2020 models have this problem or just the early builds.
Sponsored

Reactions: OJC
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I had exactly the same problem in early December. While one of the two closest Porsche dealers was booked until mid-January, I was able to get in at the second dealer in only a few days. They gave me a loaner Macan while they had my Taycan. It took them about a day to diagnose the problem and then about a week to get the part (presumably from Germany). The problem was an HV heater failure. Interestingly, replacement required draining and refilling the antifreeze (coolant) too. Apparently the HV heater also controls cooling. I got the car back about 10 days from when I took it in.

My Turbo build date is Jan 2020. Not sure if all 2020 models have this problem or just the early builds.
That’s interesting

OP
OP
Hootch280

Hootch280

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Macan S, Mclaren 720S
Country flag
Unit availability seems to still be a problem. Spoke to the garage between Christmas and New Year and a new unit was on order but the holidays certainly didn't help ! Its a 6 hr job apparently, so I will be lucky to have the car back this week. but they are covering the cost of the Enterprise rental beyond the 5 days they pay for. A Volvo is not every exciting - and you have to but petrol in it !!

kl98cwg

First Name
DF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
My car went in 2 weeks ago - I’ve heard that the dealer received a batch of heaters today and they’re aiming to do the replacement tomorrow, which is actually better than I expected.
It’ll be good to give the rental car back, it’s fairly decent (a Mercedes E-class arranged by Porsche Assist) but ICE feels antiquated after the Taycan and filling up is tedious and expensive - I much prefer charging at home overnight :)

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
My car went in 2 weeks ago - I’ve heard that the dealer received a batch of heaters today and they’re aiming to do the replacement tomorrow, which is actually better than I expected.
It’ll be good to give the rental car back, it’s fairly decent (a Mercedes E-class arranged by Porsche Assist) but ICE feels antiquated after the Taycan and filling up is tedious and expensive - I much prefer charging at home overnight :)
speaking of MB and repairs have you seen that MB issued a warning about potential fires in 800k cars and they have no available means of correcting the issue? their advice is to not use the affected cars
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/04/daimler-warns-car-mercedes-benz-owners-of-fire-risk.html

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
The heating in my Taycan Turbo 2020 has stopped working. The remote function in the app says its heating / cooling but its not and when driving the car there is only cold air coming from the vents. I took it to may Local Porsche dealer and they tell me its a know problem with the high voltage heater unit and it will probably need replacing - but to look at it the first available appointment is 10 January 2022 - such good service once again from Porsche - not. This of course will only be to look for the problem snd it will need another visit to change any parts because stock is not something they hold and these units are currently on back order. Don't you just love owning high end cars ! So Christmas and new year and travel with no in car heating - such a joy owning a Porsche
Well looks like I’ve also got the heater issue on my 2020 4S. It was collected yesterday by the Porsche dealership for a high voltage RED warning that required 20 minutes wait before it cleared.. Luckily the driver collecting the car reported the heater was not functioning correctly. Something I had not noticEd - it’s never been that good compared the my Panamera. Parts are having to be ordered from Germany and the high voltage fault is being attributed to the heater issue! I’m not sure how!! Something about uneven heating of the battery causing an voltage imbalance. We will see. . .

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Well looks like I’ve also got the heater issue on my 2020 4S. It was collected yesterday by the Porsche dealership for a high voltage RED warning that required 20 minutes wait before it cleared.. Luckily the driver collecting the car reported the heater was not functioning correctly. Something I had not noticEd - it’s never been that good compared the my Panamera. Parts are having to be ordered from Germany and the high voltage fault is being attributed to the heater issue! I’m not sure how!! Something about uneven heating of the battery causing an voltage imbalance. We will see. . .
I have previously said that my heater stopped working on my 2021 build Taycan 4S. I’m told by my dealer whom have been very good say it’s the 3 heating sensors ? They have them now but awaiting nuts and bolts from Germany. Not sure why existing cannot be used. I only hope it cures the problem but reading all the threads on this subject it appears that despite most reporting the same fault the diagnosis from each dealer is different. We shall see. Perhaps if you get your car back With heater working before me you can confirm what the issue was.

kl98cwg

First Name
DF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
speaking of MB and repairs have you seen that MB issued a warning about potential fires in 800k cars and they have no available means of correcting the issue? their advice is to not use the affected cars
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/04/daimler-warns-car-mercedes-benz-owners-of-fire-risk.html
Ironic that the problem with my car is it’s too cold and the one I get in the interim might get too hot, but oh well, it should be back with the rental company in a day or so!

MisterT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for this.

Your experience is exactly the same as mine, today.

I rang Porsche Assist today and the exact same happened to me. AA patrol followed me to the dealer and then took me back to work. I also got an E-Class delivered to work this afternoon from Enterprise who confirmed that I wouldn’t be without a car until the Taycan is fixed.

I’m not expecting to hear anything further until the New Year, but at least I’ve now got a warm car with demisted windows to use over Christmas. Disappointed it’s not a Porsche, but hey ho.

Fingers crossed I’ll get it back early in the New Year.

Andy
Got my car back today - 2 weeks, including Christmas and New Year - so quicker than I thought.

Everything seemed to be okay on the drive back from the dealership (about 30 minutes).

?

Andy

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Never had any issue with my 21 4S. I used the remote heating this winter a lot and out of nowhere it stopped. Regular heating while driving also dead. They took the car in immediately and gave me a nice loaner. 4 days and I got the car back. They had to replace parts of the heating system. Service here in Switzerland has always been superb.

Keegs

First Name
Keegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
So new to this forum and new to a Taycan. Just got my 4S two months ago.

This week heater stopped, blows nothing but cold air.

Back and forth between dealer and Porsche assist got the point had enough and escalated. Aftersales was very good, apprenlty as others are writing its a known fault. Dealer has 4-5 cars in with same issue some been waiting 8 weeks for the parts which has started to flow.

Dealer has offered a courtesy car whilst its being repaired.

Was hoping there was some kind of quick fix but clearly not....

Wont know exact root cause until I get it back.

My advice to anyone, dont waste your time, call the dealer and ask for CC and leave the car with them.

kl98cwg

First Name
DF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I collected my car this morning - although the replacement heater was generating some warmth it didn’t seem particularly effective on the way home, but I’ll see how it is over the next few days.

According to the dealer the replacement was a different part code to the original, so hopefully that means they’ve made a new version to stop these failures. Apparently they’ve had over 25 cars with this issue with about 150 in the UK in total.

Keegs

First Name
Keegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I collected my car this morning - although the replacement heater was generating some warmth it didn’t seem particularly effective on the way home, but I’ll see how it is over the next few days.

According to the dealer the replacement was a different part code to the original, so hopefully that means they’ve made a new version to stop these failures. Apparently they’ve had over 25 cars with this issue with about 150 in the UK in total.
Yes would be good to hear how it goes. Seems crazy that they would replace with the same part to fail again in the future so maybe a more robust part, but maybe not so effective?

OP
OP
Hootch280

Hootch280

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Macan S, Mclaren 720S
Country flag
The heating in my Taycan Turbo 2020 has stopped working. The remote function in the app says its heating / cooling but its not and when driving the car there is only cold air coming from the vents. I took it to may Local Porsche dealer and they tell me its a know problem with the high voltage heater unit and it will probably need replacing - but to look at it the first available appointment is 10 January 2022 - such good service once again from Porsche - not. This of course will only be to look for the problem snd it will need another visit to change any parts because stock is not something they hold and these units are currently on back order. Don't you just love owning high end cars ! So Christmas and new year and travel with no in car heating - such a joy owning a Porsche
UPDATE 10TH JANUARY

Well 3 weeks plus in now and still no new heater unit from Porsche !! I thought the idea of buying a car was to have it available to use at my discretion not have it sitting in a dealership waiting to be repaired. The dealership can offer no indication as to when I might expect it back apparently I just have to wait. Not sure this is a Marque I want to continue with.
Sponsored