Indicated range drops when entering navigation destination?

nwills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just finished a day trip today and noticed that when entering a destination in the navigation the indicated range drops. I started this morning at 100% charge which showed 440km (273Miles) and the moment I entered a destination in the nav it dropped to 350km (217Miles). I then turned off the nav and the range went back to 440km? It's as if the vehicle gave me an estimated range of 440Km but based on the navigation data it dropped it's predicted range by 100Km? Seems a bit much.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Could be that it recalculated based on various bits of telemetry such as temp, average speed, terrain etc. - just a guess.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Is it a destination you have driven before and on fast highways? I always lose a fair amount of range on the estimate when I put in a route that primarily takes me on motorways - I think the range estimate changes based upon how fast you’ve driven on that route previously with the range taking a large hit at high speeds. However, I usually lose around 20 miles; 100km seems a bit much unless you’re hitting 90mph plus consistently on the route!
Sponsored