Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Wonder if we can get it OTA? Might be worth specifying surround view as you would probably need that to enable.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wonder if we can get it OTA? Might be worth specifying surround view as you would probably need that to enable.
I think that it will be an OTA, I heard from a reliable Porsche contact that the car has all the hardware for it, but working out the software delayed with the roll-out.
Understandable to me.

moballa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Will the Taycan with InnoDrive enabled reduce and increase speed to maintain the posted speed limit?

From the website, the description seems to suggest this but would like confirmation:

"Porsche InnoDrive: Porsche InnoDrive offers optimum regulation of driving speed based on navigation data and radar and video sensor technology to deliver greater comfort, increased fuel efficiency and the customary Porsche driving feel. Driving speed is predictively adapted to speed restrictions and road topography (gradients, corners). At the same time, Porsche InnoDrive controls acceleration, deceleration and gear selection (including coasting). The system's predictive capability of up to 3km and real-time optimization of driving strategy enable a harmonious and fuel-saving drive."

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Will the Taycan with InnoDrive enabled reduce and increase speed to maintain the posted speed limit?

From the website, the description seems to suggest this but would like confirmation:

"Porsche InnoDrive: Porsche InnoDrive offers optimum regulation of driving speed based on navigation data and radar and video sensor technology to deliver greater comfort, increased fuel efficiency and the customary Porsche driving feel. Driving speed is predictively adapted to speed restrictions and road topography (gradients, corners). At the same time, Porsche InnoDrive controls acceleration, deceleration and gear selection (including coasting). The system's predictive capability of up to 3km and real-time optimization of driving strategy enable a harmonious and fuel-saving drive."
Yes, it reads road signs and sticks you to the maximum. I believe you can offset it so if the sign says 50, you can overdue by a 5mph uplift etc.

moballa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes, it reads road signs and sticks you to the maximum. I believe you can offset it so if the sign says 50, you can overdue by a 5mph uplift etc.
Has this been confirmed? Do you have PID on another Porsche that does this?

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
So in the Audis, the way this works is that you can set it above the speed limit if you want and it will accept it. However, once the speed limit on the road changes (say from 65 to 55), the system will reset your selected speed to the new limit, at which point you will have to increase the speed to the speed you want again.

moballa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
It definitely does it in the uk. If you Goto configuration on Porsche and select InnoDrive.
Without Innodrive but with the Adaptive Cruise Control option, will the car be able to read the posted speed limit and adjust the speed of the vehicle accordingly? Or is this only possible with the Innodrive option?

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
I’m still undecided on where her to add Innodrive/ACC to my Turbo!

I think I am convinced on everything else on my build which has to be locked in a few weeks time but this I keep changing my mind on (and whether to add the Mission E wheels)

I really wish I could try them both and make a decision !

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Well if you your dealer demo has the InnoDrive you can decide the mode when you turn on it, or change it while its engaged. So you could try both and decide.

moballa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m still undecided on where her to add Innodrive/ACC to my Turbo!

I think I am convinced on everything else on my build which has to be locked in a few weeks time but this I keep changing my mind on (and whether to add the Mission E wheels)

I really wish I could try them both and make a decision !

Another member pointed me to the Porsche Good To Know app which has the entire Taycan user manual. I downloaded it from the Apple AppStore. There is a good video that runs through InnoDrive and how it works. For me, I'm not too interested in the self steering stuff, but what InnoDrive does that ACC doesn't is regulate your speed based on posted speed signs. This one feature is what I was looking for so I decided to upgrade from ACC to InnoDrive.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Well if you your dealer demo has the InnoDrive you can decide the mode when you turn on it, or change it while its engaged. So you could try both and decide.
We can’t in the UK mate as there are no demos! or showroom cars
They are apparently getting them at the end March - early April which is too late as my build will be locked in!

do you have it on yours?

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Another member pointed me to the Porsche Good To Know app which has the entire Taycan user manual. I downloaded it from the Apple AppStore. There is a good video that runs through InnoDrive and how it works. For me, I'm not too interested in the self steering stuff, but what InnoDrive does that ACC doesn't is regulate your speed based on posted speed signs. This one feature is what I was looking for so I decided to upgrade from ACC to InnoDrive.
I will have this on my Audi Etron which arrives in a couple of months so having it in the Taycan makes sense

we can’t download the Taycan info in the app yet as it’s still showing as coming soon!

JC Mann

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S, Tesla Model S
Country flag
So in the Audis, the way this works is that you can set it above the speed limit if you want and it will accept it. However, once the speed limit on the road changes (say from 65 to 55), the system will reset your selected speed to the new limit, at which point you will have to increase the speed to the speed you want again.
I used PID in dealer demo. When speed limit reduced, Taycon slowed to be at the limit when we got to the speed zone. My Model S does not do that. Once it passes the sign, it starts its slowdown.
Sponsored