Novemberwhisky

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST Crayon.
Country flag
Hi. Speccing my GTS. Anybody have the Innodrive on the Taycan- if so is it worth it? I read here its not as good as Tesla AP which i have had a go with.
thanks
Sponsored

AGDunc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Sprinter 4x4 Camper
Country flag
Hi. I haven't spec'd it on mine, nor have I tried it, but as long as you've added Active Cruise Control you can add Innodrive later using 'Feature on Demand'. You can also choose between paying for it via monthly subscription or as a one off payment.

I haven't optioned Innodrive but I do plan on trialing Active Lane Keeping. It costs something like £6 / month if you pay for it via the subscription, and that coupled with cruise control provides 90% of what you get with Innovdrive anyway. All Innovdrive adds is speed changes by reading road signs (which it does quite abruptly apparently) and optimising acceleration and breaking via GPS data. I can do without those features.

Paying for the smarts via subscription also makes sense for me as my car is a lease, and so I won't see any residual return on the cost of paying for something like Innodrive outright. However, the other benefit is that I can just stop the subscription if I don't find them useful. I much prefer what Porsche are doing with their subscription options to say the likes of BMW, who are for example charging subscriptions for heated seating. That is just putting preinstalled and pretty rudimentary hardware behind a pay wall. It will be interesting to see if Porsche offer any power boosts via FoD in the future though, especially with the GTS as it has the same hardware as the Turbo. Merc have done this with some of their new EVs but it hasn't gone down very well initially.

Anyway, I hope that was helpful, and I'm sure somebody else will be able to help you with some actual feedback on what Innovdrive is like itself

OP
OP
Novemberwhisky

Novemberwhisky

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST Crayon.
Country flag
Thats great info. I wasn’t aware of the subscription options. So i need to add ACL which enables the subscription option. No ACL then no Innodrive option?

Just had a search it seems quite a few of the options I’m thinking of including are available as subscription - comfort access, dynamic lighting, etc. ill be having a chat with the dealer but is there a base level of kit that needs to be selected to have the option of tech such as ACL, etc?

appreciate your post #AGDunc

AGDunc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Sprinter 4x4 Camper
Country flag
Thats great info. I wasn’t aware of the subscription options. So i need to add ACL which enables the subscription option. No ACL then no Innodrive option?

Just had a search it seems quite a few of the options I’m thinking of including are available as subscription - comfort access, dynamic lighting, etc. ill be having a chat with the dealer but is there a base level of kit that needs to be selected to have the option of tech such as ACL, etc?

You're welcome. As far as I'm aware the only thing you need to spec in order to have most of the driver assist FoD options is the Active Cruise Control as that adds the camera in the front bumper.

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I have ACC but no InnoDrive. As said above, what InnoDrive adds is auto acceleration, slow-down and speed limit observation. Speed limit observation is rather faulty in Norway (it gets it wrong much too often), and I prefer to do my own speed management instead of the car doing it in fixed and erroneous ways.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
I have, came from Tesla so ordered. Value per money I would not propose. ACC and ALK is good enough. Additionally it is not working in HU, could tested on a road trip Austria-Germany and back. Working more or less fine but not adding too much above ACC/ALK for the money they ask for.
On the other hand factory-order price is not significantly higher than order only ACC and buy ALK from FoD. All together I do not regret it, hopefully functionality will be developed in the following years.

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

ACC and not ACL.

Adaptive Cruise Control ACC is a prerequisite for Innodrive.

Try any Porsche with it to see what you think. Personally I skipped it as there are too many scenarios where the system is limited.

Go to Porsche Connect website and review the various function on demand (FoD) options. Note that some are likely to be standard equipment in your country and so the list might be shorter than you imagine.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have ACC but no InnoDrive. As said above, what InnoDrive adds is auto acceleration, slow-down and speed limit observation. Speed limit observation is rather faulty in Norway (it gets it wrong much too often), and I prefer to do my own speed management instead of the car doing it in fixed and erroneous ways.
Standard speed limiter also suffers the same limitations.

Nice idea but the real world environment doesn't support too well.

Poshfpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S ID3
Country flag
I have it and really like it. Got used to it in our ID3 and find it very relaxing on long motorway slogs. If you like using ACC then I would recommend it. I had a rental Model Y Performance with FSD in October in Spain and utterly hated the Autopilot. The steering was really hard to override and when you did you had to reset the whole system, it seemed jerky compared to the ID3, didn't have the Taycan at that stage, and the whole phantom braking thing was freaky. I eventually got used to it but unquestionably the ID3 and Taycan are far better integrated to normal driving.

OP
OP
Novemberwhisky

Novemberwhisky

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST Crayon.
Country flag
Thanks people. Helps me make an informed decision. Will spec the ADC then may try out a subscription for the other stuff. Most of my driving is local with a couple of long trips a year so perhaps if it performs to my liking I’ll subscribe.
Before I dig through the small print- are these subscriptions services on a lengthy context or month by month

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks people. Helps me make an informed decision. Will spec the ADC then may try out a subscription for the other stuff. Most of my driving is local with a couple of long trips a year so perhaps if it performs to my liking I’ll subscribe.
Before I dig through the small print- are these subscriptions services on a lengthy context or month by month
Not 100% certain but depending on FoD option it might be monthly or annually (cheaper). Check the Porsche Connect Store if someone doesn't advise prior.

For ACC and Innodrive there was some comment on the forum that when both are factory fitted there is more functionality but I'm not 100% certain on that.

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQE SUV 350+, ‘23 Taycan RWD coming soon
Country flag
If it hasn’t been mentioned, the cars come with a 3-month trial (at least in US) of ALK and InnoDrive if you spec ACC so you can test it out.

dutchcourage

First Name
Duco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hi. Speccing my GTS. Anybody have the Innodrive on the Taycan- if so is it worth it? I read here its not as good as Tesla AP which i have had a go with.
thanks
Hi, I bought it as FOD. If you like gadgets it’s nice to have as you can see but also experience when porsche will be right and not by recognise speed limit signs and roundabouts . When you expect to get something useful you will be disappointed.
Sponsored