Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Received my Bill from Porsche for charging. So the IONITY guy must have been wrong. Ionity charging within the first year is obviously not free, like the guy told me...
Sponsored

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Is there any free charging perks with the Porsche in the UK?

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
Hi, yes if you visit a porsche centre. They are putting in Superchargers at these (some already in the South) and rest waiting to be done. They were on a pallet at Wolverhampton yesterday and I was also led to believe Ionity was FOC too!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Yes we have all read it to optimistic. It was the same in Europe. Only the US seem to have free charging for the first three years. But the costs for Charging is reasonable. And the Ionity network is rolling out very well in a lot of European countries now. If the price is a bit higher for Ionity charging, I just hope they will keep the chargers with a high up time and only have very few of them out of order! Reliable chargers are the most important aspect when on the road!

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
Yes we have all read it to optimistic. It was the same in Europe. Only the US seem to have free charging for the first three years. But the costs for Charging is reasonable. And the Ionity network is rolling out very well in a lot of European countries now. If the price is a bit higher for Ionity charging, I just hope they will keep the chargers with a high up time and only have very few of them out of order! Reliable chargers are the most important aspect when on the road!
Agreed - reading some of the content on zap-maps for example, the charger infrastructure is very fragmented and variable in quality in the UK (for non Tesla)

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Hi, yes if you visit a porsche centre. They are putting in Superchargers at these (some already in the South) and rest waiting to be done. They were on a pallet at Wolverhampton yesterday and I was also led to believe Ionity was FOC too!
I asked my local dealer about this and he was quite hesitant about it - I could tell they didn't really want anyone to do charging there. They only had a couple of charging stations and I'm pretty sure they weren't high-power ones either, as the car I had a test drive in needed to be moved "round the back to get a fast charge".
Maybe this will change over time but right now it doesn't look like a particularly viable option.

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
I asked my local dealer about this and he was quite hesitant about it - I could tell they didn't really want anyone to do charging there. They only had a couple of charging stations and I'm pretty sure they weren't high-power ones either, as the car I had a test drive in needed to be moved "round the back to get a fast charge".
Maybe this will change over time but right now it doesn't look like a particularly viable option.
Agreed - porsche centres aren't exactly Ford dealerships in terms of coverage!

OP
OP
Gogs

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So far I’ve found IONITY, Instavolt & Eon to be reliable chargers. Elcotrcity are terrible in my experience. Any other reputable easy to use +150kw that are reliable?

OP
OP
Gogs

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Btw Perth charger furthest away front when you drive in is not communicating with my car, tried three times. I’ll try again on Tuesday. Heading south to Birmingham for meetings on Wednesday.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
I guess it's reassuring that the non-Tesla charging network outside the US is somewhat of a crapshoot as well.

Ultimately if brands producing EV's that aren't Tesla's are going to have longevity and not just be a niche division of a larger manufacturer, the infrastructure is going to have to evolve at a much better rate. Nothing sours an experience more than driving hundreds of miles and rolling up to a dead charger.

RobboWWFC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
UK guys. Does anyone know where and when IONITY will be rolling out more of their chargers here in the UK?

OP
OP
Gogs

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
UK guys. Does anyone know where and when IONITY will be rolling out more of their chargers here in the UK?
Good question, I frequent check the IONITY website, but nothing about the future. It does show charger sites currently in build, one of which is Glasgow right now. That will be a handy stop for people heading north/south in Scotland. Other than that no news I’m afraid.

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
There are only 3 new stations under construction which is pretty pathetic really. This site is useful for keeping tabs:

https://www.ionitychargers.com/

UK and France both have population of 66m people and sell more or less same amount of EV every year.

France has 222 Ionity CCS chargers, UK has 50

Ionity is a private venture from BMW, VW, Daimler and Ford but also awarded €39m from the EU budget. Does anyone know why the UK fares so poorly? Even Sweden with a much smaller population has 78 chargers?

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
There are only 3 new stations under construction which is pretty pathetic really. This site is useful for keeping tabs:

https://www.ionitychargers.com/

UK and France both have population of 66m people and sell more or less same amount of EV every year.

France has 222 Ionity CCS chargers, UK has 50

Ionity is a private venture from BMW, VW, Daimler and Ford but also awarded €39m from the EU budget. Does anyone know why the UK fares so poorly? Even Sweden with a much smaller population has 78 chargers?
However I to say that there are only 55 locations in France and 11 in the UK. To make things worse, quite a few of them are located on opposite sides of the highway ! There are over sixty under construction in Europe currently and I sincerely hope that by the end of the year there will be the 400 as promised, even if 70 or so may be unfinished.
Sponsored