Is the Taycan 4S lower front bumper wrappable?

Adam D

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I was told the same BUT these guys work for my local Ferrari / Porsche centre so I trusted them with it tbh. Thought about spraying it but really wanted the carbon effect and is exactly what I wanted.

It was £850 + VAT
Sponsored

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I was told the same BUT these guys work for my local Ferrari / Porsche centre so I trusted them with it tbh. Thought about spraying it but really wanted the carbon effect and is exactly what I wanted.

It was £850 + VAT
Looking really nice! ??

Would be nice to know if they have done anything to the plastic before wrapping it?

If not, I’m really interested in hearing how it holds up.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi,

I spoke to a part-time car wrapper today about a few places I’d like to add a carbon fibre wrap to and he said with his experience on a 4S that the front bumper material wouldn’t allow film to stick. He had previously tried with PPF but it’s just not adhesive enough.

He did say that I could use some plastic adhesive, but it would leave marks in the future when I come to remove the wrap.

I notice the turbo has a slightly different bumper shape that’s already painted. Which is why some people frequently wrap it.

Therefore, I was wondering whether anybody knew if PPS would work on this material and not leaving a lasting mark?

68943F5B-6AAD-4BCB-9DF3-69B696BA7331.png
Yep. The whole front of my car is wrapped. That area and everything up to the doors. I will check if the black stuff is wrapped, I doubt it.

Jguadal

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Base
Country flag
I have just had my skirts, front and rear bumbers wrapped in carbon. Really pleased with the results. The little air intake on the side is a real nice tough too

d9d08e30-d53c-4609-849a-484122a85faa.JPG

b2076217-5380-41c9-84ec-ae639f47c86b.JPG

94209861-3c6e-4f8b-bf07-6f13642d0b01.JPG

6402c612-560c-4c2f-bddc-587f8f609e39.JPG

1288f2ca-3019-497e-967e-6dab277ac89b.JPG
Greeting; I called some PPF Wrap dealers and they told me the PPF does not work in plastic. Do you have any problem ?

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
The PPF installers that I have consulted basically said that they would have to do what paint shops would do - grind the plastic to make it stick. That means some damage to the parts. I note, however, that this is not necessarily as bad as you might think, since the parts are actually relatively inexpensive to replace. I ultimately decided to see what my experience with the car is before doing it, and after 1 year, I concluded that at least one of the reasons that Porsche may have kept these parts to be black is that they are kind of dirt and dust magnets. But if I still wanted to wrap the skirts and lower dams, I would do it even if it meant that it would require me to replace the parts later to restore them to original since the price is relatively low.

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
I'm trying to do something as I'm not a big fan of the plastic look. It might be a better material but I'd love to have a different look.

Ideally - I'd like them (front lip and side skirts) to be High Gloss Black.

So far the only 2 options are:
1. PPS (didn't find in the US)
2. Suncoast parts (Get front lip an side skirts get them painted in High Gloss Black OR Carbon Fiber)
https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/pk9j1ttfront.html
https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/pktaysills.html
Labor + paint charge: 925 + 895 + ?
** The Carbon Fiber kit (https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/sku9j1cfaero.html) is not a choice as I don't want the Sport Design front.

If anyone has done something similar, please share.
Sponsored