Issue with Profile and Timer car not charging all the way

motomd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GLE, Accord, Taycan (on order)
Country flag
So I have a RWD and for us preferred charging us between 9 and 7 am. I have set up my profile to work between these hours with minimum charge of 25% and then my timer set to 7 am departure and 85% charge. When I do this the car doesn’t start charging till very late in the night past 9 which is ok but then come morning has only charged like 20% and no where near the 85% I need.

I turned off my timer and just selected the profile to be 85% with the preferred hours but the car is now charging outside of those hour ranges.

Thanks a lot
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
So I have a RWD and for us preferred charging us between 9 and 7 am. I have set up my profile to work between these hours with minimum charge of 25% and then my timer set to 7 am departure and 85% charge. When I do this the car doesn’t start charging till very late in the night past 9 which is ok but then come morning has only charged like 20% and no where near the 85% I need.

I turned off my timer and just selected the profile to be 85% with the preferred hours but the car is now charging outside of those hour ranges.

Thanks a lot
In principle the profile and timer you started with are fine but check that you don't have other active timers or profiles which are conflicting.

Depending on the state of charge of the battery prior to charging session start, the car calculates how long it will take to charge based on the EVSE connected to it. If it determines it can reach your 85% in 3 hours rather than say 5 it will defer the start of the charging session until departure timer less time to charge are equal.

What EVSE are you using? In non Porsche ensure you have no features enabled which control charging as these will cost certainly conflict. Run in 'dumb' mode.

AndiL

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ID. 3
Country flag
The profiles SoC setting will cause the car to charge immediately and get to that SoC as quickly as possible.

When using a timer, can you check the web interface of the charger, it'll show a charging curve and you'll see when it charged with which power. That may help identifying why this is happening. Which Porsche charger is this? The PMC+, PMCC or PWCC ?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi yea it’s the Porsche charger
Ok so simple to resolve.

Disable all timers and all profiles.

Enable the profile you want and make your settings.

Enable the timer and do the same. Suggest to make it repeating (whether you need it or not).

Job done.

OP
OP

motomd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Th
Ok so simple to resolve.

Disable all timers and all profiles.

Enable the profile you want and make your settings.

Enable the timer and do the same. Suggest to make it repeating (whether you need it or not).

Job done.
that is what I did, the timer and profile I’m using is how I want it per my original post it just doesn’t fully charge by the time I leave in the morning. Before I was getting charging errors I think the cable was getting too hot but not anymore. Maybe delete the old ones (can you even delete profiles) and do them again?

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Buy a new non-Porsche EVSE and I bet it works fine.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Th

that is what I did, the timer and profile I’m using is how I want it per my original post it just doesn’t fully charge by the time I leave in the morning. Before I was getting charging errors I think the cable was getting too hot but not anymore. Maybe delete the old ones (can you even delete profiles) and do them again?
Ah charging errors could be over heating - don't think you mentioned that earlier or I missed it.

Can you send a screen shot of your timer and profile so we can rule them out?

OP
OP

motomd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ah charging errors could be over heating - don't think you mentioned that earlier or I missed it.

Can you send a screen shot of your timer and profile so we can rule them out?
Yea it used to do that when it was really hot here in socal but not anymore. I can take some photos and post here thank you! Also how do I connect my charger to the internet I looked in the manual but it didn’t seem very straight forward.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yea it used to do that when it was really hot here in socal but not anymore. I can take some photos and post here thank you! Also how do I connect my charger to the internet I looked in the manual but it didn’t seem very straight forward.
If it is the Porsche Mobile Charger Plus then it can be a bit tricky and requires using Powerline Communications (PLC) adapters to create a cable connection via your power circuit. There is no WiFi option.

If you have the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect then WiFi is an option as is PLC and a doddle to do.

To be honest you aren't missing out by not having network access. Charging control is via the PCM or My Porsche App and not the EVSE. The supply control can be via the PMC+ panel or PMCC panel.

On the PMC+ press the 50% button to throttle the ampage by half - this will double your charging time but run cooler.
Sponsored