Charge Timer and Profile Won’t Work

Gordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi, yes. Similar issues. Also have podpoint. For 4 months I’ve been charging 1230-0430 just using a profile. Had software update now I can’t get it to work.

See my thread here

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/will-my-car-charge-tonight.4634/

My car will start charging but completely ignores the time slots depending on what soc. what is your specific issue?

If your using the pod point timer it will show as charging error on the Porsche app but will start charging at the time specified on the podpoint app. I have found for some reason this is corrupting my smart meter electric reading though but that’s another topic. If using the pp timer disable all the Porsche timer/profiles.

My conclusion. Porsche timer/profiles won’t work with podpoint ( although did pre update). I’m thinking aboit asking Porsche but figure they will just say doesn’t work with podpoint.
I have a PodPoint - on latest firmware with the PodPoint scheduling added and a MY21 4s with the latest software updates applied - the porsche timer/profiles work ok for me.

Here is what I have setup if it helps.

I don't use any of the PodPoint scheduling - nothing is setup on the charger/podpoint app.

I have a HOME location based profile minimum charge set to 50% i.e. I always want to have some decent immediate charge in the bank if I do come home with less than 50% but that is configurable down to 25%. I have set preferred charging times as 12:30AM - 4:30AM.

I then have a Timer set daily with departure time set for 4:30AM and Target Charge of 85% - I currently don't use any pre-heat settings.

That's it, works fine and gets me my Octopus Go cheap 12:30 - 04:30 rate and starts and finishes exactly on time with a 85% charge.
Sponsored

OP
OP

TerrySB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan, Porsche 911 4S Cab
Country flag
I have a PodPoint - on latest firmware with the PodPoint scheduling added and a MY21 4s with the latest software updates applied - the porsche timer/profiles work ok for me.

Here is what I have setup if it helps.

I don't use any of the PodPoint scheduling - nothing is setup on the charger/podpoint app.

I have a HOME location based profile minimum charge set to 50% i.e. I always want to have some decent immediate charge in the bank if I do come home with less than 50% but that is configurable down to 25%. I have set preferred charging times as 12:30AM - 4:30AM.

I then have a Timer set daily with departure time set for 4:30AM and Target Charge of 85% - I currently don't use any pre-heat settings.

That's it, works fine and gets me my Octopus Go cheap 12:30 - 04:30 rate and starts and finishes exactly on time with a 85% charge.
Got mine going in to dealership on Friday to check software version and to apply updates…..they say they may needed it a few days ?‍♂

Let’s hope that when software is checked/updated things work fine ??

Also getting a 32amp socket installed as well as back so I can use the PCCM if needed.

OP
OP

TerrySB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Got mine going in to dealership on Friday to check software version and to apply updates…..they say they may needed it a few days ?‍♂

Let’s hope that when software is checked/updated things work fine ??

Also getting a 32amp socket installed as well as back so I can use the PCCM if needed.
Quick update on this.

Spoke with Porsche Service Manager today prior to proposed visit tomorrow to be told that "Porsche are aware of the charger software issues and that a fix is being worked on, not sure when the fix will be available or whether it will be a dealership or over the air update".

Have been put on a list to be contacted when the fix is available if a dealership update is required or will see it as an updated on the PCM.

Will keep this tread updated as I know more.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Quick update on this.

Spoke with Porsche Service Manager today prior to proposed visit tomorrow to be told that "Porsche are aware of the charger software issues and that a fix is being worked on, not sure when the fix will be available or whether it will be a dealership or over the air update".

Have been put on a list to be contacted when the fix is available if a dealership update is required or will see it as an updated on the PCM.

Will keep this tread updated as I know more.
Are you not switching to your PMCC now you should)

Have you had the WMA5 /6 /7 updates applied ( major recall)?

OP
OP

TerrySB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Hi,

Getting a quote tomorrow to install a 32amp socket so I have the option to use either.

Pod point have sorted things their end as the app scheduler now works.

In regard to software version have attached a screenshot with what is shown. Would appreciate your comments as it doesn’t seem to show the version you referred to.
Porsche Taycan Charge Timer and Profile Won’t Work 0A8FCB34-551C-41DD-B0B0-860E10098859

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi,

Getting a quote tomorrow to install a 32amp socket so I have the option to use either.

In regard to software version have attached a screenshot with what is shown. Would appreciate your comments as it doesn’t seem to show the version you referred to.
0A8FCB34-551C-41DD-B0B0-860E10098859.jpeg
Sorry crossed wires.

Have you had you car in for the major software upgrade (you would have received a letter from Porsche)? If you have then don't worry about it.

Good that you have your Podpoint sorted.

PMCC software version number is also something to check.

You need to login to you PMCC charger - it needs to be connected to your WiFi or if you enable the hotspot you can connect directly to it.

You would have received a white envelope with password details.

The PMCC has its own web interface - Porsche Mobile Charger Web Connect - which has various features etc. and auto updates it's software when online.

Once you have it installed and connected you can also view the charging data that it collects via My Porsche - Charging at Home Service.

Access is also available using the PMCC screen. Interim you can power up via the 3 pin plug and run through the network setup etc.

Attachments

Last edited:

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
My summary of tests so far:

* DC charging disables all profiles
* Location based profile overrides General Profile (i.e., will charge beyond 85%)
* Location based profile: charging will happen during those times, but "backwards", so not starting immediately but filling the charge time from the end time
* timers also charge backwards, but seem to consider preferred charging time of location based profile, i.e, use that first and that back loaded charging

So, I now get what I want with 3 profiles and 2 timers. More complicated than it needs to be but ok.

re fixes, I'd wish that I can set a max charge (85%) for all circumstances except I press Direct Charging (= General Profile always applied)

OP
OP

TerrySB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Hi,

Sorry crossed wires.

Have you had you car in for the major software upgrade (you would have received a letter from Porsche)? If you have then don't worry about it.

Good that you have your Podpoint sorted.

PMCC software version number is also something to check.

You need to login to you PMCC charger - it needs to be connected to your WiFi or if you enable the hotspot you can connect directly to it.

You would have received a white envelope with password details.

The PMCC has its own web interface - Porsche Mobile Charger Web Connect - which has various features etc. and auto updates it's software when online.

Once you have it installed and connected you can also view the charging data that it collects via My Porsche - Charging at Home Service.

Access is also available using the PMCC screen. Interim you can power up via the 3 pin plug and run through the network setup etc.
Hi,

I have a 2021 Taycan (only had it three weeks), so should have been updated prior to me getting it but I’m not sure.

I did have 11 notifications on the PCM which I downloaded and installed.

Will look at the PMCC later to see what that says as you suggest.

Apparently on another matter, Porsche have sent out cars with the suspension travel blocks still in place so are asking customers to check theirs have been removed.

OP
OP

TerrySB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My summary of tests so far:

* DC charging disables all profiles
* Location based profile overrides General Profile (i.e., will charge beyond 85%)
* Location based profile: charging will happen during those times, but "backwards", so not starting immediately but filling the charge time from the end time
* timers also charge backwards, but seem to consider preferred charging time of location based profile, i.e, use that first and that back loaded charging

So, I now get what I want with 3 profiles and 2 timers. More complicated than it needs to be but ok.

re fixes, I'd wish that I can set a max charge (85%) for all circumstances except I press Direct Charging (= General Profile always applied)
Will have a look and try a few things along your lines.

You can change the general profile to what every you want, I’ve set mine to 85%.
Sponsored