It breaks my heart a little…

VolcanoGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo, G63, Mini (Electric)
Country flag
My family finds the taycan turbo CT to he uncomfortable. Too hard to get out of, seats are too reclined and hurts my partners hip joints on long drive (we are fit but not the youngest people). No adjustments (18 of them!) fix the seat issue. Myself? I love it.
Our other car is a G63 which they all love. So in 2-3 years I’ll prob get an electric Cayenne.

anyone else here have uncomfortable passengers?
Sponsored

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
Nope. Also don’t have g63 or another car.

I think the issue of comfort is relative. It’s not the taycan that is uncomfortable but the g63 is more so. The taycan wasn’t made for comfort! Never was and never will be.

Consider a 911 for the second car if there is a g63 already…my two cents.

We have an infant and she loves it, especially the Panoramic roof. With the front passenger seat all the up for max room in rear seat, I have to say my wife has the best seat in the car. The extra leg room and view is adds to the entire experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: B61
OP
OP
VolcanoGrey

VolcanoGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo, G63, Mini (Electric)
Country flag
Nope. Also don’t have g63 or another car.

I think the issue of comfort is relative. It’s not the taycan that is uncomfortable but the g63 is more so. The taycan wasn’t made for comfort! Never was and never will be.

Consider a 911 for the second car if there is a g63 already…my two cents.

We have an infant and she loves it, especially the Panoramic roof. With the front passenger seat all the up for max room in rear seat, I have to say my wife has the best seat in the car. The extra leg room and view is adds to the entire experience.
yeah, your solution would make good sense. The Porsche replaced a jaguar I pace that has a more upright sitting position and everyone likes better. Because 90% of our driving is within the city. We love having an electric vehicle for all the school runs, errands and short day trips. The G 63 is for longer road trips, because we do not live near the best electric infrastructure.

having the family car, be electric as important still (and two kids and two dogs are hard to fit in a 911!)

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
yeah, your solution would make good sense. The Porsche replaced a jaguar I pace that has a more upright sitting position and everyone likes better. Because 90% of our driving is within the city. We love having an electric vehicle for all the school runs, errands and short day trips. The G 63 is for longer road trips, because we do not live near the best electric infrastructure.

having the family car, be electric as important still (and two kids and two dogs are hard to fit in a 911!)
In that case,

Model Y or Model X, or like you said, wait for the Macan/Cayenne.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
When I configured my car I selected 18w seats and my dealer advised against it for comfort because the side bolsters push on the hips which may be uncomfortabel after driving more than 1/2 hour. Finally I chose the 14w and added massage. Happy with my choice so far. I do think the CT is a comfortable long distance car.

siglo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I've spent a long day with a couple of friends driving around in the Taycan and visiting multiple locations. They complained about it being hard to get in and out off. I'm used to getting in and out with relative comfort, so it is not an issue for me. However, compared to other vehicles, that process can be uncomfortable especially for big or tall people. I have the 14w seats so they did not complain about the seats. Both of them tried the rear seat and their heads were almost touching the roof but it was alright.

At the end of the day, they did not want to repeat the experience and told me to bring any of my other vehicles next time.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I have had no complaints other than it being difficult to get out of. But I can live with that😊
I did take a while to get my seat right and found that having it a little higher up helped with comfort of driving although I do sacrifice a bit of rear vision in the mirror by doing that

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
My mam can't get in and out of it very well but she's 69 and not very mobile. It's a non SUV Porsche at the end of the day so unlikely to be the easiest to enter and exit. I'd say bin your family and keep the Taycan and G63. Cool garage btw.

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It is hard to get in/out . I'm late 70's and the solution getting in was simple: Ass first then swing around. Getting out: Use the B column to lever out. Once in it's a dream with 14 way seats!

Pete85

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, X1 hybrid
Country flag
My friend has a G63 and I have sat in it many times. I personally prefer Taycans ride. I do agree on getting in and out of the car is not so easy as in many others. Especially if your older person not in shape. I am 63y and no problems whatsoever.
The 14way seats I have are fantastic. They look great and feel great. I personally prefer the looks over the 18ways seats.
I just drove yesterday with my son and his girlfriend 210 km in the Taycan and both were again praising the ride quality. My business partner has a Cayenne Hybrid, its ride quality is not even close to the Taycan imho. Also road noises were much more present in the Cayenne.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
It is hard to get in/out . I'm late 70's and the solution getting in was simple: Ass first then swing around. Getting out: Use the B column to lever out. Once in it's a dream with 14 way seats!
I'm in my 70s and use the same technique and have zero issues getting in/out. Showed my wife how to do it and she no longer has any issues. We both found that after some adjustments the 18-way seats are very comfortable.

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
Recent passengers complained about visibility from the rear seats ... between the high back front seats and rear seats, not easy to see out compared w/ other vehicles.
Sponsored