Just Cancelled my 4S TCT Order

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
My car was my first Porsche and the dealer experience was far from ideal.

But it all happened during lockdown - go I have them the benefit of the doubt.

I the meantime I have moved to another dealer for all onward needs. They have been light years better to date.

One more thing.....i bet there are going to be cancelled orders left, right and centre come the Autumn onwards - with the way things are shaping up.
There are going to be lots of people with reduced spending capacity for luxury cars very soon.
I concur. As much as I like to be positive, you have to be realistic. And what is realistic is we are headed for a major recession/stagflation.

That will see people unexpectedly out of work and otherwise delaying or cancelling major purchases.
Sponsored

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Firstly .. thanks all for making this a fun forum to follow, knowledge and experience here is amazing

Just cancelled my 4S TCT order with Reading OPC and they are refunding the deposit, reason being is the buying experience and the OPC attituide is just pants. I ordered back in Dec 2021. The Sales guy & had prior sales together as I had over the last few years bought 2 other cars from him, we knew it was along wait and that fitted well as I had not wanted to take delivery until the current Cayenne Hybrid was > 3 years old which would have occurred in Dec 2022. All looked like it lined up. But good old Sales guy left the OPC in January and I have never met my newly allocated sales guy except by email. Received an email couple of weeks ago offering me a build slot of end Sept 2022 with delivery in Oct, while earlier than I really wanted I was ok with it, so requested a Test drive as we had never even sat in a car and having agree with original sales guy we would do the physical look and test drive some time later when we knew a better delivery. Was told no test drives at all, no even attempt to get me in any TCT or even any Taycan and even was advised to call and "try" and use my Silverstone Experience to get into a "TCT test drive" and to buy another experience so my wife could her "test drive".

This would have been my 14th Porsche and was just the worse buying experience ever, so just decided to bin it, leave it a few years, keep the Cayenne, maybe see what the EV Maycan comes out like etc.

Wishing all the UK owners and prospective owners on here the best and thanks again
I’ve written some of this before on other threads: 2 years ago I was searching for a particular car. I rang several local dealers. I live near Oxford so Reading was an obvious choice. Hatfield, Silverstone and a few further afield. Virtually none called me back or were dismissive. Not even a - please give me your details let me see what else we can find etc...
Mid Sussex (Paul Lewis) were by contrast excellent. Nothing was too much trouble. Video calls. Chats about cars made it pleasurable and after seeing a car on line I liked it was reserved, I drove down (nearly 100 miles) away, liked it and paid the deposit. I went back after a week or so to collect it. A great experience.
Moving on 18months later I decided I wanted to sell one of my other cars and buy a Taycan CT4S. I called Paul straight away. Got myself on the list and he was great with communication and helpful all the way through the difficult times of allocation and build etc. Ordered July 2021, locked Feb, collected April this year. He has since arranged tickets for me and my son to watch Carrera Cup at Brands Hatch, which was excellent I might add. Paddock pass and tour of garages, chats to drivers etc.
PS - I didn't even attempt to call Reading as they were the worst. I have been told that by many people (including other dealers). They get all enquiries from around the world handed to them on a plate from UK head office above so they don't have to try. My business partner has had many high value rare 911's over the years from there. They drove him mad too and at the time only by knowing the Sales principle did he stick with them.
I have already shown interest in the future Electric Boxster and my name is in Mid Sussex diary at the ready. I always say deal with people you trust and get on with.

smartymarti

First Name
Marti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s cross turismo
Country flag
I believe the current situation gives far too much control to the dealers ,they have little interest in the customer , the days have gone where they chased the customer for a deal. now you have to chase them and almost kiss arse , because there is always another individual wanting your slot to flip for profit mostly , electric is going to be Porsches best seller as fuel pushes upwards in price , given them another long term length of strong sales and being even more ignorant to the customers it’s doesn’t need anymore

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
I would just try calling other dealerships to see what they can offer.
Which is what I did when a sales guy tried to screw me over (using my fed tax rebate and trying to describe it as a discount). The next dealership offered me 2% off MSRP, without touching my tax rebate. Pays to shop around.
Sponsored