Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
Collected my mamba green in a very basic config and love it. Only 2 questions so far are about the windows misting up in the English weather conditions and using the Porsche charging card. Haven’t used up much of the electric yet so clueless on the process of charging. Not sure if there’s particular charge points to head for in the UK…..any advice welcome.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Computerglitch

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
Also headlights had a little bit of condensation in them which I was told was a normal problem in the cold??

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Windows fogging? Set the climate control on AUTO and you should be good. For bad condensation just tap the front defrost button.

Congrats! I adore my RWD.

OP
OP
Computerglitch

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
Windows fogging? Set the climate control on AUTO and you should be good. For bad condensation just tap the front defrost button.

Congrats! I adore my RWD.
Cheers mate
Tried the auto climate control but I’ll try it again tomorrow. I’ve had 3 test cars fully loaded 4s and I might be biased but think mine drives better ?
It might not be as quick 0-60 but I live in London and I can’t believe how nimble it is even in the damp
I’ve waited a long time for delivery and was losing enthusiasm but as soon as I collected it I think I’ve got a bargain??

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Cheers! :beer:

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I had misting on the rear window, but wiped it off with a cloth, then used rear window defroster and it’s all good now. A little condensation on the headlamps is normal, especially in the morning.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Collected my mamba green in a very basic config and love it. Only 2 questions so far are about the windows misting up in the English weather conditions and using the Porsche charging card. Haven’t used up much of the electric yet so clueless on the process of charging. Not sure if there’s particular charge points to head for in the UK…..any advice welcome.
Charge card only works at Ionity, Osprey, Porsche Centres and one or two others - not ideal in practice.

Seek out your nearest DC charging location - 50kW minimum - which could be a Shell, BP or other garage.

Download ZapMap to see what is available in your area (the list provided in the PCM NAV is poor at best for UK usage).

Demist - AC to auto and sync at 21C. Ensure the vents are positioned how you want them and that the top vent on the dash is open. All controlled by touch in the climate menu.

Download the Porsche Good To Know App and review the basics and watch the useful videos contained therein.

Enjoy!

OP
OP
Computerglitch

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
Charge card only works at Ionity, Osprey, Porsche Centres and one or two others - not ideal in practice.

Seek out your nearest DC charging location - 50kW minimum - which could be a Shell, BP or other garage.

Download ZapMap to see what is available in your area (the list provided in the PCM NAV is poor at best for UK usage).

Demist - AC to auto and sync at 21C. Ensure the vents are positioned how you want them and that the top vent on the dash is open. All controlled by touch in the climate menu.

Download the Porsche Good To Know App and review the basics and watch the useful videos contained therein.

Enjoy!
Cheers Adrian thanks for taking the time to answer all those points?
I was hoping to use the charge card for cheaper electric but know the availabilitystill isn’t brilliant for the ionity
Did the Zap-Map and a lot near me are 7kw but will check out the shell and Bp as you say.
Got lots of Tesla’s chargers near me but not sure if/ when we will be able to use ?

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
BP Pulse is awful, but usable.

Make sure you get a subscription and get the BP Pulse card. If you attempt charging using the "guest" mobile app, good luck, not least as new points don't appear on the (mobile app) map.

It's also worth checking the online live map for BP Pulse to make sure your charge station is 1. Vacant and 2. Working:

https://network.bppulse.co.uk/live-map/

The BP Pulse mobile app doesn't update properly. It also doesn't show the "Last contact with server" status, while the desktop/web live map does.

Why is this important? Because some chargers are broken, but remain active on the map because BP Pulse is evidently run by a bunch of clueless A-Level students.

By seeing the last contact with server status, if it hasn't updated today and within an hour, you can be sure it's broken.

Where I am currently living I don't have a home charger, so rely on the public chargers. There was a wonderful 50Kwh BP Pulse charge point literally 30 seconds walk away.

It broke 1 Feb. Despite reporting it and receiving acknowledgement from BP, it is still not fixed over a month later.

On the live map (web and app), it is still active! But alas, the "last contact with server" status reads:

01/02/2022 23:34

So I know it's broken. There will be some who will creep to that charge point with barely any charge only to find what is "working" on their BP Pulse app... Is broken.

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Polar, now BP Pulse are pretty abundant, cheap and have generally been my go to over the past 6 years of EV ownership, don’t be put off by a single outage.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
Grats! Had by RWD 7 weeks. Also was clueless about charging.

1. Just bought a Type 2 to type 2 cable on the interwebz for £160 for charging at low KwH units. Typically 7 or 22kwh units require you to use your own charging cable. For example my local Tesco has Podpoint 7 and 22kwh chargers that are free. It ain't much but it's free.
2. Download the charger apps. Check out Zap map to see what is around. I have Shell, BP and Podpoint.
3. Recon local garages. Watch out for shell EV chargers as they have stupidly short leads and assume DC fast charger ports are on the driver's side. One Shell nearby I have to park at an angle over the exit lane. Another that has a 175kwh is unusable as you can only park exactly facing it and the lead will not stretch across the bonnet. Plus they are near unbendable. Stupid
4. Porsche don't tell you but they have a Charging app which you can use to charge. You don't need the card then.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Grats! Had by RWD 7 weeks. Also was clueless about charging.

1. Just bought a Type 2 to type 2 cable on the interwebz for £160 for charging at low KwH units. Typically 7 or 22kwh units require you to use your own charging cable. For example my local Tesco has Podpoint 7 and 22kwh chargers that are free. It ain't much but it's free.
2. Download the charger apps. Check out Zap map to see what is around. I have Shell, BP and Podpoint.
3. Recon local garages. Watch out for shell EV chargers as they have stupidly short leads and assume DC fast charger ports are on the driver's side. One Shell nearby I have to park at an angle over the exit lane. Another that has a 175kwh is unusable as you can only park exactly facing it and the lead will not stretch across the bonnet. Plus they are near unbendable. Stupid
4. Porsche don't tell you but they have a Charging app which you can use to charge. You don't need the card then.
1. To be clear it is a Public Mode 3 cable which you need for untethered public AC units. Your dealer should have advised you source this when ordering your car rather than sourcing after the event.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
BP Pulse is awful, but usable.

Make sure you get a subscription and get the BP Pulse card. If you attempt charging using the "guest" mobile app, good luck, not least as new points don't appear on the (mobile app) map.

It's also worth checking the online live map for BP Pulse to make sure your charge station is 1. Vacant and 2. Working:

https://network.bppulse.co.uk/live-map/

The BP Pulse mobile app doesn't update properly. It also doesn't show the "Last contact with server" status, while the desktop/web live map does.

Why is this important? Because some chargers are broken, but remain active on the map because BP Pulse is evidently run by a bunch of clueless A-Level students.

By seeing the last contact with server status, if it hasn't updated today and within an hour, you can be sure it's broken.

Where I am currently living I don't have a home charger, so rely on the public chargers. There was a wonderful 50Kwh BP Pulse charge point literally 30 seconds walk away.

It broke 1 Feb. Despite reporting it and receiving acknowledgement from BP, it is still not fixed over a month later.

On the live map (web and app), it is still active! But alas, the "last contact with server" status reads:

01/02/2022 23:34

So I know it's broken. There will be some who will creep to that charge point with barely any charge only to find what is "working" on their BP Pulse app... Is broken.
Lol
1. To be clear it is a Public Mode 3 cable which you need for untethered public AC units. Your dealer should have advised you source this when ordering your car rather than sourcing after the event.
I actually was not advised but happy since Porsche charge silly money. For full disclosure I bought this 5m cable for £160 and charges fine https://evonestop.co.uk/products/ev...-22-kw-5-10-metre?_pos=1&_sid=661f982d5&_ss=r

OP
OP
Computerglitch

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
Car still steaming up a little and Porsche confirmed that headlights have a tendency to do the same. Used Bp charge for the first time . Realised (7kw) is a waste of time lol.
Just sorted multi car insurance out with Admiral...... what a pain that was!
Car is awesome but the pcm seems to lose contact with my Apple Music all the time.
just had my virtual masterclass emailed to me.
Thanks for earlier advice guys

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Car still steaming up a little and Porsche confirmed that headlights have a tendency to do the same. Used Bp charge for the first time . Realised (7kw) is a waste of time lol.
Just sorted multi car insurance out with Admiral...... what a pain that was!
Car is awesome but the pcm seems to lose contact with my Apple Music all the time.
just had my virtual masterclass emailed to me.
Thanks for earlier advice guys
Keep going!

Abandon AC charging (unless at home) as it is too slow. There must be DC charging near you.

Apple Music - embedded or via your phone?

All Porsche headlights have condensation from time to time (all of mine have over the years). Dinnae fash yersel on this one!
Sponsored