key fob

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
does anyone know if we can get rid of the key fob at this point,
Like maybe the size of a quater wild be ideal. Im down to 2 keys and this Key fob is just to damn big. we need a redesign stat
a credit card and proper phone app would be nice , but would settle for a fob 1/2 the size at this point. i would even pay the outrageous price they cahrge for keys fobs.
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Phone-as-key available with BMW and rumored to come to Porsche in the future.
What's the big deal with the fob? Have you seen how big Rover and other fobs are?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
does anyone know if we can get rid of the key fob at this point,
Like maybe the size of a quater wild be ideal. Im down to 2 keys and this Key fob is just to damn big. we need a redesign stat
a credit card and proper phone app would be nice , but would settle for a fob 1/2 the size at this point. i would even pay the outrageous price they cahrge for keys fobs.
I would say 'no' - as you know you can use the lock / unlock from the apps (Porsche Connect / My Porsche) but there are slow in operation.

We all read / witnessed recently what can happen with the other non-fob methods - Tesla / BMW - no access due to systems glitch for many - too much reliance on unreliable technology (or dependencies) for my liking.
Sponsored