OP
TheFutre

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
@Dave T
What version did you order
The correct version is A

The key case just came in the mail today. It doesn’t fit the key. The listing says that it fits the Panamera etc But doesn’t mention the Taycan. Apparently those cars have a different key than the taycan. The taycan key is a little bigger. Would you mind checking to see where yours came from? That link is not correct.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
@Dave T
What version did you order
The correct version is A
Yes, I just noticed that. I ordered B. Not sure how you’re supposed to know which is which. My bad. I have a friend with a Panamera, I’ll see if it fits his key.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I got the new key case! Can anyone tell me how to remove the top part of the key? I don’t want to break it and don’t see how it snaps off. I tried googling but can only see instructions for the older style key.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I got the new key case! Can anyone tell me how to remove the top part of the key? I don’t want to break it and don’t see how it snaps off. I tried googling but can only see instructions for the older style key.
It has been a while since I installed my new FOB cover. If I remember correctly, remove the emergency key. You should then be able to push apart the original cover outward. To install the new cover line up the plastic tabs and it should snap back on. The tabs are not meant to be removed often, so once the new cover is on don't fiddle with it.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Here's a link to replace the battery which also involves removing the FOB cover.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thanks. I figured it out. You need a special star screwdriver which I happen to have. But I wouldn’t think most people would.

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Thanks. I figured it out. You need a special star screwdriver which I happen to have. But I wouldn’t think most people would.
no, b*ll*cks do you, it just prises off! At least mine did, perhaps I’ve just stripped a load of tiny threads..
I prised (carefully) from the end opposite the Porsche badge, each side at a time. The original silver central bezel is essentially hinged (clipped, sort of) at the badge end. You just have to be a little brave.
If it’s an issue I can disassemble mine and post up a video of it if required.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
No thanks, as I said, I’m all set now: it was much easier to pry off the middle piece after removing the key chain ring holder thing. So that’s what I did, but I believe you that you were able to pry it off without doing that.
Sponsored