First Name
Arron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi @Eddie
I posted this elsewhere but thought you might find it as a helpful solution to your InnoDrive experience. As others have mentioned I think the issue is erroneous speed data in the database causing InnoDrive to unfortunately hit the breaks. This weekend I found a section in the manual that shows how you can deactivate InnoDrive's ability to react to speed changes. With this setting off you will be prompted with the speed change and you'll have to manually accept it by pushing the control lever up (RESUME). If you don't accept it your speed should stay the same. I'll be testing this tomorrow on a long drive, but theoretically it should fix the problem of phantom breaking. See below for how this plays out...
IMG_0445.jpg
IMG_0444.jpg
Many thanks. I will give it a go. It certainly seems a safer option.
Arron

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I too had exactly this problem with my 2018 Cayenne Turbo, regardless of where you stand/if you walk away or stay put/key in pocket or hand, With no reason the tailgate lock button would stop 1/2 or 1/3 of the way down.

You’d need to press it at least three times to get it to fully close. The tailgate close button however would work every time. Porsche acknowledges the problem and have had it back in to rectify it on more than five occasions saying that they have replaced sensors etc but it still does the same thing.

It’s ridiculous to hear that it’s a problem across all their models and they are not able to fix it.
Same thing with my 2018 Panamera and the 2020 Taycan. I just slam it closed in frustration....that ALWAYS works.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Just got my 4S Taycan night before last. Been monitoring the forum in advance. Previously had a Panamera, if I hit trunk lock button and walked away while it was closing it would stop. Found that had to wait for it to close to walk away, I believed (perhaps incorrectly) if the key fob is not near, that would cause it to not finish closing.
My Cayenne Turbo did this as soon as I stepped away from the car. I always have to be close to it. Very rarely it wouldnt close when standing right there. I will be testing this end of week when my Taycan arrives.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag