MrJack

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY2021, Panamera 4S
Country flag
I noted after update that now when i put the phone on wireless charging the icon on the PCM doesn't appear even if the phone are charging.
And I've not the wireless charging setting on phone general settings.
Can you try on your car updated?
Sponsored

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I got the update and it shows on the screen the message that is it getting charged.

MrJack

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY2021, Panamera 4S
Country flag
I got the update and it shows on the screen the message that is it getting charged.
Really strange

You still have wireless charging settings on phone menu?

EDIT: i've made factory reset and now i had the icon and settings again...

Last edited:

RRVV17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, GLS580
Country flag
My dealer said they recently spoke to their internal sources and reaffirmed that the MY20 update would go out in week 12 (pretty much now!?). They would/could not confirm if wireless carplay would be a part of that update, despite me sharing (and them using it to speak to their reps) the sequence 1-4 details from earlier in the thread.
Here is latest (below) from my dealer service manager for the MY20 update. First time they've been able to confirmed wireless carplay. Timing imminent in coming days.....

"This update provides software optimizations for:
Charging
-"Charging while preserving the battery" gives the owner the option of limiting the charging power from 270 kW to a maximum of 200 kW during each charging session . The benefit offered is that the resulting lower battery temperatures protect the high-voltage battery, which ultimately extends its service life and increases charging efficiency.-The Charging Planner functions have been enhanced. For example, it is now possible to calculate the battery level the vehicle is expected to have at a specific destination.

Porsche Connect and Porsche Communication Management (PCM) and Porsche Connect
-Porsche Connect provides the PCM with Apple Podcasts, including video streaming, as its own individual media source-Porsche Connect Care package will include a breakdown call service.-Wireless Apple CarPlay functionality is added, and the PCM supports direct switching between end devices via the phone icon.

Chassis and driving comfort
-A new Smart Lift memory function allows the driver to geo-tag locations for air suspension lift in order to automatically compensate for steep driveways, uneven ground, or obstacles. Once the lift location has been confirmed, ground clearance is automatically increased each time the vehicle approaches the same location, without requiring driver input.-An advanced chassis system application optimizes the driving dynamics and track performance of all the Taycan derivatives."

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Here is latest (below) from my dealer service manager for the MY20 update. First time they've been able to confirmed wireless carplay. Timing imminent in coming days.....

Charging
-"Charging while preserving the battery" gives the owner the option of limiting the charging power from 270 kW to a maximum of 200 kW during each charging session . The benefit offered is that the resulting lower battery temperatures protect the high-voltage battery, which ultimately extends its service life and increases charging efficiency.-The Charging Planner functions have been enhanced. For example, it is now possible to calculate the battery level the vehicle is expected to have at a specific destination.

-Porsche Connect provides the PCM with Apple Podcasts, including video streaming, as its own individual media source-Porsche Connect Care package will include a breakdown call service.-Wireless Apple CarPlay functionality is added, and the PCM supports direct switching between end devices via the phone icon.

-A new Smart Lift memory function allows the driver to geo-tag locations for air suspension lift in order to automatically compensate for steep driveways, uneven ground, or obstacles. Once the lift location has been confirmed, ground clearance is automatically increased each time the vehicle approaches the same location, without requiring driver input.-An advanced chassis system application optimizes the driving dynamics and track performance of all the Taycan derivatives."
Details were posted earlier today - see home page of this forum.

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag

Charging

Looking through my services and see the break down service, but it is inactive, is there an extra charge for this service or did it expire?

Mr-Propper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera
Country flag
I had mine done today - took 8 hrs. You don't need the charger or both sets of keys but bring one tracker and leave in the car.

There is an update for the charger but if you've had yours connected to the internet and auto update enabled then you will already have it. If not...get connected!

Spoiler situation is the same for me and today (after 3 visits) the temperature was highlighted as a reason to pause and not attempt to adjust.

It will be addressed later.

Bonus of the day was that after 4 months of ownership I now have my owners manual, service book etc!

Upgrade seems to be flawless and I've just travelled 130 miles straight after.

There was a letter issued explaining the procedure etc.
The WMA7 update, updates the power and communication board from the mobile charger connect. You can not do this at home! Only Porsche is able to do the necessary update from the Power and communication board of the Mobile Charger Connect.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The WMA7 update, updates the power and communication board from the mobile charger connect. You can not do this at home! Only Porsche is able to do the necessary update from the Power and communication board of the Mobile Charger Connect.
Ah that makes sense but my PMCC must be ok as there was no update performed. The Gold Technician knows what he's doing at my Dealership and would have flagged this had it been required in my case.

OP
OP

Duc959

First Name
FR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
share.octopus.energy
Vehicles
RR Vogue Autobiography, Ducati Panigale V2
Country flag
My update was done in a day, however the nav is still showing find destination in german at times :rolleyes:

Turbo-fan

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My update was done in a day, however the nav is still showing find destination in german at times :rolleyes:
Mine too. And last week some settings changed while the car was parked for 5 days without use. Mirror settings had changed and they didn’t fold anymore when locking the car and the passenger side reverse dipping function don’t work anymore. ?
PCM can be confused if it’s in phone or CarPlay mode and sometimes it takes minutes before CarPlay will connect ?

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hats off to the good folks at Steven's Creek for a great upgrade experience.

1. Plug and Charge works on my 2020 4S. I verified this at a location I use often. I may try a different location tomorrow just for kicks.
2. My major settings were all retained. Porsche ID, Homelink, charging profiles, phone, etc.
3. There were a few minor that were not retained - for instance, the setting to enable using your foot to open the trunk was not checked, when it was checked before.
4. Lyrics on the passenger screen is great. Not all songs had lyrics available - I hope that older songs will eventually catch up.
5. People mentioned most of the other features, so I won't repeat those.

Important note:
- As @Mr-Propper said, you need to bring in your PMCC for the upgrade. I thought it was just an OTA upgrade, and I did one myself. IIRC, they said that there is a hardware change that needs to be done, especially after having the other changes in the car done. I may have gotten those details wrong, but they did need to make a change to PMCC. Even if you don't use the charger at home and just have it in the trunk for traveling, you should get the update.

- It is possible that your may not need the update - I sent them the info about my unit and they confirmed that they need to make the change (my unit was from about a year ago).

Bonus:
- When I got my car, I got about 11 notifications about other OTA updates available. For instance for the lyrics app, google, the surround camera, and different ones for the infotainment system. So I expect that they will have future updates to various parts of the car that won't require a dealer visit.
Sponsored

Last edited: