Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
You have the sport chrono app there. Did you get this WITH the update, or did you have it before? Is your Taycan a '20 or '21? I know '22 has it. My '21 with the sport chrono package does not have that app.
Sponsored

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
You have the sport chrono app there. Did you get this WITH the update, or did you have it before? Is your Taycan a '20 or '21? I know '22 has it. My '21 with the sport chrono package does not have that app.
I don't recall having it before. Its a 2020 Turbo.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Well at least two bugs are still outstanding:
  • Use Apple Music/SiriusXM/whatever, park the car, come back. Your original music source resumes (yay!) but then dies as soon as Carplay reattaches (boo!).
  • Changing drive modes shuts off regen. This one kind of surprised me since they called that out explicitly as one of the fixes.
I'm still absolutely thrilled with the update.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
  • Changing drive modes shuts off regen. This one kind of surprised me since they called that out explicitly as one of the fixes.
Was that what they said, or was it that the regen mode would be remembered between drives? The latter is what I care more about, since I always have to flip it on to Auto every time I start a drive.

Icey4s

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S, 21 Audi SQ8, 20 330i, 19 M5 C
Country flag
  • Use Apple Music/SiriusXM/whatever, park the car, come back. Your original music source resumes (yay!) but then dies as soon as Carplay reattaches (boo!).

Awesome to hear yours is all done! When you log in to the My Porsche website, do you still have the red message at the top of the page mentioning your recalls?

Dealership said my ANA5 and ANA6 are done, yet I still get the message about you car has 2 recalls and to schedule an appointment.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Previously when you went into Sport it would turn regen on. Are you saying now it doesn't do that? I always have to turn it off when I go into sport mode because I'm a coaster.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Awesome to hear yours is all done! When you log in to the My Porsche website, do you still have the red message at the top of the page mentioning your recalls?
Yep - I figure that will take a day or two to go away.

Previously when you went into Sport it would turn regen on. Are you saying now it doesn't do that? I always have to turn it off when I go into sport mode because I'm a coaster.
Your 2022 might be different. My 2021 always shut off regen when changing between Sport/Normal and still does following the update. Unknown if it remembers after shutting down though.

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
I don't recall having it before. Its a 2020 Turbo.
Nice. It was an option visible in Porsche's own simulator (a website, can't find the url right now), but it never showed up for any vehicle until 2022. Bugged the shit out of me. Nice to know we can get it now, too!

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
A few more findings:
  • Dynamic lighting does work with Carplay and SiriusXM now! However, it doesn't seem to work with SiriusXM talk shows; only music art. Still an improvement.
  • Carplay now get a GUI on the main Porsche Music screen with album art, playback controls, and the like. I'm pretty sure this used to just be a dead screen that said "go use carplay."
  • Favorites have been moved from the top menu (always present in Music) to a "source" peer to Apple Music, Podcasts, Sirius and the like. It's depicted by a star icon and it has playback controls which can be used to skip back/forth through the favorites list. The "List" top level menu item performs the functionality the old Favorites menu item did, but only when the favorites source is active.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
You are in Frisco...where did you get it done?! Plano Porsche told me they still don't have it and don't know when they will have it! Where did you get it done and how did you get it scheduled?
The newer Porsche McKinney service center...I inquired with my (awesome) service advisor about it - he let me know when it was ready and I booked an appointment online for the next day.

I was not expecting to have to drop the car off but otherwise it went smoothly.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag

Iben

First Name
Jean-Are
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S (2020 mod.)
Country flag
Congrats. I have my fingers crossed for 1.of September.
Have you tested wireless Android Auto?