DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
what is the code I can use to ask the service people to see if I can get the update?
I'd ask for ANA6. That is what was reflected on the My Porsche site for me, and is what is on the paperwork.

"ANA6 - Re-programming central computer (PCM) (Stop Delivery / Recall Campaign).
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
what is the code I can use to ask the service people to see if I can get the update?
They can look it up via your VIN. In the know service staff will already have details.

Reactions: B61

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
@XLR82XS Is correct. They can just look you up. Other than cars produced after March 2022 which are already up to date, all Taycans should fall under one of ANA6, WNJ8, or WNK1. All three are updates to PCM version VR19.0.1 aka the P update.

Last edited:

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
I don't get this issue. I don't have the update but my Spotify works great. Its integrated into CarPlay. Maybe its an issue for Android users? Anyway, you'll be fine when you get your car. I listen only to Spotify and it starts up as soon as I start the car.
Android user and interested in this. The Spotify experience using the built-in Bluetooth is pretty meh. The current track metadata rarely shows properly (track length is always from the first track played and artist/song info fails to change about 25% of the time).

It's not a huge issue, more of a nuisance. I expect Built-in Spotify or Android Auto will fix this permanently.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
@XLR82XS Is correct. They can just look you up. Other than cars produced after March 2022 which are already up to date, all Taycans should fall under one of ANA6, WNJ8, or WNK1. All three are updates to PCM version VR19.0.1 aka the P update. Better explanation of the three campaigns and how they differ here.
Hi @satchurator , thanks for the references to NA6, WNJ6, and WNK1. You made me curious about the difference between those, but the link you provided does not seem to work (yet/anymore). Any chance that you could repost the correct link? Thanks a million.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Does the PCM feel more responsive/boots up faster? And any noticeable increase with range?
Yes on responsiveness, definitely better.

Not sure yet on range. My range estimator got torpedoed by a 4000 mile road trip, and just as it was crawling its way back to normal I took a ~600 mile road trip to Austin and back.

I have RWD, the two range related improvements have to do with battery conditioning and decoupling the front motor, the latter of which doesn't apply for me.

Reactions: B61

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
I figured I'd start a fresh thread for us to share findings on the new software.

So far things I've noticed:
  • Apple Music sparks right up and works a lot more reliably. This is -without- the wifi hotspot feature, which expired for me and I didn't renew.
  • Apple Podcasts are also substantially more reliable. There were specific shows that the old version flatly refused to play; they now work well.
  • The park assist beeptone is slightly different now.
  • I checked out the charger search and filtered to 100kWh+ - found an EVSlow charger in Murphy TX that I didn't know existed.
Things I haven't yet checked, but I expect probably work now:
  • Does dynamic lighting now work with SiriusXM and Carplay?
  • Are trip "calculation thresholds" increased? Can I set a trip from Frisco TX to Flagstaff now and have it work rather than time out?
So far the overall responsiveness and fixes are making me quite happy indeed.
Do you have colored icons and/or can you configure (turn that off) them?
Have you ever suffered from and now fixed the blacked out screens? I suffer this about 33% of every morning starting her up.

You are in Frisco...where did you get it done?! Plano Porsche told me they still don't have it and don't know when they will have it! Where did you get it done and how did you get it scheduled?

illini_sf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
What I didn't quite fully understand is for Taycan's that did not have Android Auto already, do they still not have android auto with the update?

I just saw references to saying Wireless Android Auto, I didn't think the '20 and '21 models had even wired android auto to begin with.

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Hi @satchurator , thanks for the references to NA6, WNJ6, and WNK1. You made me curious about the difference between those, but the link you provided does not seem to work (yet/anymore). Any chance that you could repost the correct link? Thanks a million.
What I wrote above was the essence of it.
It appears that my linked post was deleted by the forum administrator. To explain, I had paraphrased a portion of the content of a PCNA email that someone else had shared on Facebook. I respect that they need to uphold the site’s TOS - I just thought it was fair, and in compliance with the TOS to paraphrase.

There was so much confusion about these three related campaigns, people spinning up new threads claiming they were separate things - when the explanation was very simple.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
What I wrote above was the essence of it.
It appears that my linked post was deleted by the forum administrator. To explain, I had paraphrased a portion of the content of a PCNA email that someone else had shared on Facebook. I respect that they need to uphold the site’s TOS - I just thought it was fair, and in compliance with the TOS to paraphrase.

There was so much confusion about these three related campaigns, people spinning up new threads claiming they were separate things - when the explanation was very simple.
Clear! Thanks

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
Posted elsewhere, but since this thread is dedicated

• Screens are brighter for the pcm screen and passenger screen
  • MUCH faster and more responsive
  • Looks great and significantly more polished
  • Minor various other changes like the way Homelink pops up
  • It has spotify
  • Someone had said CarPlay would work on both screens, it only works on the main as before

Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread CE0F386D-B800-4E3F-AE02-51AA59ADAEB8

Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread D79E1D76-1A2A-4EF1-ACE7-70D3A53F9180

Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread 3CA0C609-4BE8-47D2-A8FE-907C37D58A3E

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
Posted elsewhere, but since this thread is dedicated

• Screens are brighter for the pcm screen and passenger screen
  • MUCH faster and more responsive
  • Looks great and significantly more polished
  • Minor various other changes like the way Homelink pops up
  • It has spotify
  • Someone had said CarPlay would work on both screens, it only works on the main as before

CE0F386D-B800-4E3F-AE02-51AA59ADAEB8.jpeg

D79E1D76-1A2A-4EF1-ACE7-70D3A53F9180.jpeg

3CA0C609-4BE8-47D2-A8FE-907C37D58A3E.jpeg
Homelink pop up? I guess when you access on a geofence it shows a button to open the gate?