AHayat

First Name
Amjad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF, Audi A7 Comp Edition, CLS53 AMG
Country flag
Hi There, have just been told that the matrix lights are no more available as an option on the 4S, am very dissappointed. Have had them on different cars for the last ten years. My choice is to cancel the current order and wait another 4-5 months for the next slot and hope the supply issue has resolved.
I cant find whether there is an aesthetic difference between the two assemblies?
Other than the matrix function (which is very useful) is there a difference in intensity, reach or spread of the lights?
The 4 corner lights turn into indicators in the matrix as a 4 point indicator, is it the same in standard LED lights
Is it worth loosing this slot and waiting another 5-6 months?

Thanks
Sponsored

lparrish3511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet (ordered 2022 Taycan 4S)
Country flag
I don't have an answer or advice for you (sorry), but I'm in the same boat. I have a delivery scheduled for April, and my sales rep just told me yesterday that there was a stop order on the PDLS+ and Porsche isn't telling them when they will be available again. Which is a huge bummer, as the PDLS+ technology sounds really awesome. So the same dilemma here - take delivery of the car with non-PDLS+ lights, or delay it until the next allocation (with no guarantee that they'll even be available then).

I'm also curious what headlights the car will come with instead. Same/similar look? Same/similar functionality?

temoor

First Name
Porsche4S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Ask me man , who cancelled his whole order because they took out matrix lights. I cancelled my order on December 22.
I am paying $150k for a car and still i wont get what i want. I will suggest you to wait. And if you can wait 5 months , then add another 3 months and get 2023 taycan.
by that time supply chain would be much better !

lparrish3511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet (ordered 2022 Taycan 4S)
Country flag
@temoor - dang, that's a tough decision. I hear you, though - when paying $150k, you have the right to expect things to be perfect and exactly how you want it.

Two questions, if you don't mind... 1) do you know what kind of headlights would have come on the car if no PDLS+? and 2) did you get your deposit back, or did you just have it applied to the next allocation?

Thanks!

temoor

First Name
Porsche4S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
@temoor - dang, that's a tough decision. I hear you, though - when paying $150k, you have the right to expect things to be perfect and exactly how you want it.

Two questions, if you don't mind... 1) do you know what kind of headlights would have come on the car if no PDLS+? and 2) did you get your deposit back, or did you just have it applied to the next allocation?

Thanks!
The they removed the pdls Matrix lights and were giving me standard led lights. Which again are not bad but not what I wanted.
So the dealer has really good terms with one of my family members so i never gave any deposit. My car was suppose to be build on Jan 14 .
Either way you should ask your dealer to refund you because that’s something you didnt agreed upon having or put you in the next allocation.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
My CT 4 will go in production in a couple of days. Matrix lights were cancelled and replaced by standard LED but with PDLS +. This still includes auto high beam but without selective dimming. So they will switch off earlier with other traffic. I chose to go with this config and not to wait because my build is so close and I have already sold my X5.

PDLS plus is standard from 4S and an option on RWD and CT4. I was still able te order PDLS plus.

I thinks PDLS plus is included in all head lights because it can be activated as FOD. Unfortunately FOD currently not available for 2022 models.

I had BMW lasers with selective dimming. It works well. But not enough to cancel my order. One thing I didn’t alway like is the fact that the car in front was driving in a dark blind spot.

I prefer the look of the matrix. But on the other hand I won’t stand in front of my car a lot to look at them.

Last edited:

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
The matrix led is awesome on dark unlit roads in conjuction with night vision. It is awesome to see how it dims individual LED units and the visibility is great. To be honest my daily driving is 100% on well-lit roads, where matrix is not used.

ptilley42

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I don't have an answer or advice for you (sorry), but I'm in the same boat. I have a delivery scheduled for April, and my sales rep just told me yesterday that there was a stop order on the PDLS+ and Porsche isn't telling them when they will be available again. Which is a huge bummer, as the PDLS+ technology sounds really awesome. So the same dilemma here - take delivery of the car with non-PDLS+ lights, or delay it until the next allocation (with no guarantee that they'll even be available then).

I'm also curious what headlights the car will come with instead. Same/similar look? Same/similar functionality?
LED on a 4s has PDLS plus , mine has

OP
OP

AHayat

First Name
Amjad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Thanks. I was told 4S CT will have standard LED with PDLS plus

OP
OP

AHayat

First Name
Amjad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The matrix led is awesome on dark unlit roads in conjuction with night vision. It is awesome to see how it dims individual LED units and the visibility is great. To be honest my daily driving is 100% on well-lit roads, where matrix is not used.
I have had them on all my cars in the last ten years and they are excellent. I have had night vision and HUD both of which I didn’t spec as I could certainly live without. Most of my driving in winter is in the dark and windy wet narrow roads and hence am gutted. Have also sold my CLS 53 AMG so in trouble if I don’t take the car. No guarantee if the supply would be sorted in July/August for next delivery

OP
OP

AHayat

First Name
Amjad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I guess they would look different to us but not to most, Starr lights are PDLS plus just not with the matrix function and 25% less bright

OP
OP

AHayat

First Name
Amjad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Thanks!
The standard lights will be PDLS Plus but on 4S as I have told and yes they will give me the deposit back. Not sure what I will do as am now driving a really old but functional 2007 E200 that I have to return as well end of February when I was supposed to get the Porsche.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I have had them on all my cars in the last ten years and they are excellent. I have had night vision and HUD both of which I didn’t spec as I could certainly live without. Most of my driving in winter is in the dark and windy wet narrow roads and hence am gutted. Have also sold my CLS 53 AMG so in trouble if I don’t take the car. No guarantee if the supply would be sorted in July/August for next delivery
In my experience the selective dimming works best and has most benefit in highway conditions. BMW selective dimming was activated only above 50 - 60 km/h don’t know how Porsche handels this. PDLS plus also has turning head lights. I think I your situation PDLS plus standard LED should be fine.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
The standard lights will be PDLS Plus but on 4S as I have told and yes they will give me the deposit back. Not sure what I will do as am now driving a really old but functional 2007 E200 that I have to return as well end of February when I was supposed to get the Porsche.
This really is a problem. I sold my X5 for a really good price assuming the leasing company could give me a reasonable rental car for a couple of months. Turns out, at least in Belgium no A6/ e class / 5 series / Passat / insignia / Espace / 3 series / A4 / … as a rental available due to extreme long waiting for new cars, all decent rentals are taken. Not with my leasing company but neither with Sixt/ Avis and all others. Part of the problem is I need winter / all seasons to go on skiing holiday. Best I could get was a Toyota Corolla Hybrid for 3 months. I will be so happy in a couple of weeks.
Sponsored