JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
I'm trying to figure out what lighting option to go with for a Taycan 4S in the US. Is matrix lighting now functional in the US? If so, it seems like this option is very worth it. If not, maybe not so much. I also don't understand what the standard lighting is like for the 4S. Anyone know what the standard lights are like compared with the matrix option, which is about $2,000? Are standard lights not LED? Or are they LED but not matrix?
Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think I have matrix headlights on my Taycan. The lights move to the steering wheel left and right, they go up and down based on the road and the high beams turn on and off when needed. Is that not matrix headlights? I am in the US so maybe they are legal. Thoughts??
Sponsored

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think I have matrix headlights on my Taycan. The lights move to the steering wheel left and right, they go up and down based on the road and the high beams turn on and off when needed. Is that not matrix headlights? I am in the US so maybe they are legal. Thoughts??
That sounds like PDSL+.

Matrix lights have lots of LED bulbs in each headlight, which can turn off and on individually to create a bespoke lighting pattern, depending on the road layout and other cars etc.

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
That sounds like PDSL+.

Matrix lights have lots of LED bulbs in each headlight, which can turn off and on individually to create a bespoke lighting pattern, depending on the road layout and other cars etc.
Oh thank you for clearing that up for me. I was confused when folks kept saying they were not legal yet in the States. I thought mine got turned on or something by mistake.

Cheers

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
That sounds like PDSL+.

The exact description of my US spec is "LED-Matrix Design Headlights in Black incl. PDLS+ (Upgrade)."

Is this different than the "Matrix" headlights available in UK/EU? Pictures please?

Porsche Taycan LED Matrix Headlights IMG_4328

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The exact description of my US spec is "LED-Matrix Design Headlights in Black incl. PDLS+ (Upgrade)."

Is this different than the "Matrix" headlights available in UK/EU? Pictures please?
It is probably the same option and same physical lights, but the matrix functionality isn’t active on yours.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It is probably the same option and same physical lights, but the matrix functionality isn’t active on yours.
Thank you. If you have a picture of your Matrix headlights available, please post. I would like to see if they really look the same. I have learned from this forum that we really do have different options available in the US, so interested to see if they appear to be identical.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you. If you have a picture of your Matrix headlights available, please post. I would like to see if they really look the same. I have learned from this forum that we really do have different options available in the US, so interested to see if they appear to be identical.
I’m afraid I don’t yet own a Taycan
:D

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
What you describe is the standard LED with PDLS+.

Matrix has an array of 42 individual LEDs per headlight which are software controlled and offer more features over and above the standard LED.

The actual headlight looks different too when observed close up.

I think they're excellent.and would select them by default.

Check the Porsche Good To Know App for more details on functionality.

Poshfpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S ID3
Country flag
My wife's ID3 has them and they are absolutely incredible, I wouldn't buy a car without them now I've seen them in action. I do fret that I've paid a lot of cash to option the exact same system that came standard on the VW though.

If I was in the US though I don't think I'd bother for now.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

IMG_4328.jpeg
Forgive the bug splats, but here are mine.

Porsche Taycan LED Matrix Headlights 2AD8E863-54E5-4646-A8F2-14D69E894CE5

Porsche Taycan LED Matrix Headlights ECE73AAF-CE57-4A54-A86A-5ABE82B9B3A0

Porsche Taycan LED Matrix Headlights D2DCFF2C-DDC4-48CD-B39A-A4626EFE2D0D

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
It's easy to tell if you have the matrix LEDs when your headlights turn on and off. They aren't an instant on/off like the single LED headlamps.

If you have PDLS+ in the US (regular headlamp or matrix LEDs, we're stuck with auto high beam on/off. Everywhere else (outside North America), PDLS+ is enabled in full. Single LED headlamps--mechanisms in the housing reflect light around objects. Matrix LEDs--individual LEDs turn on and off.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's easy to tell if you have the matrix LEDs when your headlights turn on and off. They aren't an instant on/off like the single LED headlamps.

If you have PDLS+ in the US (regular headlamp or matrix LEDs, we're stuck with auto high beam on/off. Everywhere else (outside North America), PDLS+ is enabled in full. Single LED headlamps--mechanisms in the housing reflect light around objects. Matrix LEDs--individual LEDs turn on and off.
Yes, I do not notice any aiming of my headlights around corners or to block out cars. I noticed that an earlier poster in this thread mentioned swiveling headlights and wondered whether that was non-LED Matrix (for North America). Mine appear to be the same as European (albeit potentially disabled).

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Can you post a video of your cornering lighta if possible? I have PDLS+ with matrix but have never seen the lights turn in corners. Thanks!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Can you post a video of your cornering lighta if possible? I have PDLS+ with matrix but have never seen the lights turn in corners. Thanks!
Matrix don't swivel.

Standard LED with PDLS+ do and you will notice straight away when you turn them on as they swivel as part of the activation.

Porsche Taycan LED Matrix Headlights Screenshot_20221117-205102_Porsche Good to know
Sponsored