Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
This really is a problem. I sold my X5 for a really good price assuming the leasing company could give me a reasonable rental car for a couple of months. Turns out, at least in Belgium no A6/ e class / 5 series / Passat / insignia / Espace / 3 series / A4 / … as a rental available due to extreme long waiting for new cars, all decent rentals are taken. Not with my leasing company but neither with Sixt/ Avis and all others. Part of the problem is I need winter / all seasons to go on skiing holiday. Best I could get was a Toyota Corolla Hybrid for 3 months. I will be so happy in a couple of weeks.
You will appreciate your Taycan even more afterwards, regardless of the headlights...

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
You will appreciate your Taycan even more afterwards, regardless of the headlights...
It arrived at the dealership and I can get it next week. True, the difference with the Toyota will be huge. 0-100 is 12 seconds now. 5 will be amazing.

Porsche Taycan LED Headlights with PDLS Plus vs LED Matrix headlights 523A2402-F94F-4266-8096-C6D5A1124477

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
My Taycan 4 CT has arrived at the dealer.

Ordered half december, promised delivery second half of February, delayed to 8/3 and finally arrived last week. Still consider myself really lucky with the time of delivery.

Past car was an X5 45e for 2 years, good car but I wanted something else. Sold it for a really good price in december. Driving around in a Toyota Corolla now, because nothing else available.

SA told me he was really happy for me that my car made it. Lots of orders with a fixed date that just disappeared from the system without a new date yet. Lots of angry and disappointed customers he had to deal with.

Asked him if I had the latest PCM. He had to check, wasn’t sure but there was a good chance it would be on my car. He already saw it on another Taycan and he said it looked really good. Told him not to be to extatic on the new PCM until he new it was on mine. 🤓

The car will go to the body shop on Thursday to paint the wheel arches (3 K euro, gloss black Turbo S parts ordered and will be painted in Dolomite) and I can pick it up next Wednesday.

Many thanks to the forum for all the posts and answers to my questions the lead to this configuration:

Dolomite Silver
Vesuvius grey inlays
Gloss black window trim
20 inch Turbo S Design wheels
Wheel centres with full-colour Porsche Crest
Electric charging cover
LED with PDLS + (had to cancel matrix, not available anymore)

Roofrails in black aluminium
Electric folding mirrors
Automatic dimming mirrors
Full black leather
Bose
14 w seats, ventilated, heated, massage
Heated back seats
4+1 seat
4 zone AC
Airbags rear
Dark silver interior accents
Ambient lightning
Heated steering wheel
Sport chrono with compass

Rear axle steering
HUD
Comfort acces
ACC
Surround view
Parking assist
Home link
Pano roof
Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass

22 kw charger
Heat pump
PIRM

Maybe interesting for future buyers on my decision making:

4 vs 4S: I asked to test a 4 because I already set my mind to go for a 4 because of the price difference. Unfortunately not available and got a 4S to test. Great ride off course. Tested a RWD afterwards and that was more than fast enough for me. Didn’t test the 4S again not be tempted. If I would have 20.000 euro lying around not know what to do with it I would have gone for the 4S. Even when I would have dropped some less essential options, it would still be a big difference. Someone cancelled his order on a CT 4 and they gave me this slot that could still be fully configurated . Would have had to wait longer for the 4S, and probably much longer now.

Color:
Maybe to start a little bias: I am color blind. I wanted a light color, easier to keep clean and cooler in the summer, Dolomite is my favorite. I have spent a lot of time cleaning my Carbon black and Sophito grau BMW’s in the past.

Vesuvius inlays: silver inlays are not the same as Dolomite, high gloss black didn’t match with the more matte plastic, so I chose Vesuvius and I think it looks good. Seeing it in person today: it is also matte I thought it would have been a bit glossy judging other posts on this forum.

Wheels: I like the look of these, also now that I saw them in person. I never take the biggest wheels for costs and comfort.

Surround view: it’s a big car

Parking assist: better 3D view, reversing assist in parking lots: have to see how it works out, did not take it for automatic parking. Maybe to expensive for what it is.

Electric charing cover: preferred the look it is smaller, I like the black fin, I think it safer when parked at a public charger. I hope I won’t be sorry if it fails. Don’t know if it has a substantial negative effect on range.

Full leather: first chose basalt Olea: SA advised against it with black interior because the difference is really hard to see and feel. He advises it for truffel because it is only available in Olea.

Full leather vs standard : the leather is smooth in full leather and in standard it has some kind of structure. I like the leather and stitching on the dash and doors.

Bose, because the Burmester is too expensive and not worth it for me.

14w vs 18w seats: I like the look of both. First chose 18W, SA advised against because they are less comfortable on longer drivers. And after testing both I agreed. Even when fully open the side bolsters push on my legs (1m92, 90 Kg)

Seat heating in the back: for the kids
4 zone AC : because I wanted the screen in the back

4+1 : we have 2 kids, so just for emergencies, and for the 3 part folding seat back vs 2.

Ventilated and massage seats, liked it in the X5, and because I went from 18 to 14 W seats and Olea to full leather, I saved some money anyway

Heated steering wheel : used it a lot in my last cars

HUD: for ACC, current speed, traffic signs, and navigation. have to see how it works in practice. Liked it in the BMW. Was back and forth due to posts on this forum. My past cars had HUD, my wife’s car has HUD, the Toyota I have now doesn’t and I really miss it. Guess i will be happy with the HUD. And I also like the look of the dashboard.

ACC : use it a lot, SA advised against Innodrive in Belgium, Belgian highways are to complex. Might do the 3 months trial with FOD during summer holidays

Sport chrono: because of the mode switch and the GT steering wheel. Compass because I don’t like the clock

Acoustic glas: for safety, better temperature control ?, quiet ride. Don’t know if it will make a really big difference. SA advised against it but I took it anyway because I had it on the X5 and liked it. Probably also for the safety part.

Rear wheel steering: because everyone is so enthusiastic about this, and I had it in the X5 and liked it. Test drove a CT 4S and a RWD without and they where fine too. Didn’t do parking lots however with my test drives.

PTV plus: SA advised against because I wouldn’t feel the difference when I told him how I like to drive

22 kw charger: wanted the best charing available. Figured it could be practical on road trips being able to charge the battery 20% in 1 hour. My family trips are 2 x 200-225 km. Too long for a a single charge. Charging for 2-3 hours will be enough to return and I won’t have to watch my drive style to optimize the range. Maybe the standard 11 kw charger will be good enough too and 1800 euro is too expensive for the couple of times I really need 22 kw, And I hope I won’t be sorry if it fails. Only found out about potential problems after my lock date.

Heat pump: seams a logic choice on an EV. Will only make a difference in cold temperatures. Don’t know if it will make a huge difference.

Comfort acces: I like the functionality, have had it for years on my past cars. Key doesn’t come out of my pocket. The car is parked inside.

Installed a 22 Kw Wallbox Pulsar plus in my garage. We have 3x400 V at home and upgraded from 16 to 32 A. The electrician had to do a lot of work to get the thick wire in the garage. Could also asked him to just put the wire and an industrial socket in the garage and use a mobile charger connect. I preferred the Wall box because it is cheaper than the mobile charger Connect and I am going to keep the Porsche EVSE in the car for charging on destinations.

I hope this wasn’t too long and boring but it might be valuable for the ones configuring now.

I will post again after collecting the car
E3C23B82-4B38-4738-A693-37BA4EB7C571.jpeg
if my configuration was what I expected.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
It arrived at the dealership and I can get it next week. True, the difference with the Toyota will be huge. 0-100 is 12 seconds now. 5 will be amazing.

523A2402-F94F-4266-8096-C6D5A1124477.jpeg
I see you chose the right color. :) Very forgiving for dirt...

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Congrats. It's not all about 0-60 - it's about total ownership and driving experience.