kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
I must have been molly-coddled by my SA- he just told me to leave it to its own devices. It was months before I encountered conditions that confirmed that they were working correctly.
Yeah mine would have given me a much longer handover but I needed to get going and tbh it’s not particularly complicated as a car, the PCM is pretty easy/intuitive.

I just checked and the auto-light wasn’t on.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The Canadian config page now shows:

LED-Matrix Design Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+):

LED main headlights with matrix beam technology (84 pixels):
– camera-based detection of vehicles ahead and oncoming traffic, and intelligent dimming of individual segments of the permanent main-beam cone
– segment-specific dimming of reflective traffic signs to avoid driver dazzle
– to optimise target fixation, not only are the lights selectively dimmed to fade out oncoming vehicles, the area to the right of the light void is lit more brightly for better guidance of the driver's visual attention

Includes Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus) with:
– electronically controlled cornering lights
– four-point lighting design, including dipped beam
– the LED main headlights with matrix beam have a camera-calibrated function to ensure optimum illumination of the road

However, for the "LED-Matrix Design Headlights in Glacier Blue incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)", it shows:
Includes:

• Elements in Glacier Blue: Daytime running light trims
  • Dynamic Cornering Light: Dynamic cornering lights swivel the low beam in accordance with cornering characteristics, depending on the steering angle.
  • Speed-Dependent Headlight Range Control: Speed-dependent headlight range control increases light distribution after 1 km at 110 kmh or higher, or immediately after 130 kmh and above provided the steering wheel is not turned sharply.
  • Sport Mode: Activated in Sport mode - allows for greater swivel angle depending on steering input.
  • High Beam Assistant: When a camera located inside the rear-view mirror detects the headlights of an oncoming vehicle, the high beams are automatically turned off at a distance of approximately 800 meters. If the taillights of a vehicle traveling in front are detected, the high beam is then turned off at a distance of approximately 400 meters
Note: Full LED-Matrix functionality (individual operation of 84 LEDs) is limited for the canadian market. Individual LEDs are programmed to operate as a single light source to perform the functions listed above.

Not sure why there's a difference between these two, as far as I know it's just the colour of the plastic is blue?? Feel stupid right now for ordering the glacier blue, it feels like I paid more and get less.

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
Not sure why there's a difference between these two, as far as I know it's just the colour of the plastic is blue?? Feel stupid right now for ordering the glacier blue, it feels like I paid more and get less.
Rest easy, this is just a content error. LED matrix functionality is the same whether you have black or blue.

ss782b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS
Country flag
Yeah mine would have given me a much longer handover but I needed to get going and tbh it’s not particularly complicated as a car, the PCM is pretty easy/intuitive.

I just checked and the auto-light wasn’t on.
How do you switch them on? I should have the matrix lights, and the lights do have lettering stating matrix system but I don’t seem to have the same option as the manual in the settings on the PCM.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
How do you switch them on? I should have the matrix lights, and the lights do have lettering stating matrix system but I don’t seem to have the same option as the manual in the settings on the PCM.
You push the stalk forwards and it gives you an icon like this on the dash, with an 'A' in the lights. Varies by light/dark: i.e. it will be blue when it's really dark and main beams are used and green when normal headlights are used

Porsche Taycan LED headlights compared: LED Cornering Headlights & Porsche Dynamic Lighting System PDSL+ [Full LED vs Matrix] 4s-dash

ss782b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS
Country flag
You push the stalk forwards and it gives you an icon like this on the dash, with an 'A' in the lights. Varies by light/dark: i.e. it will be blue when it's really dark and main beams are used and green when normal headlights are used

4s-dash.jpg
Thank you, what settings/options do you have when you go into Settings > Lights and Visibility > Exterior Lights?

I only have ‘high beam adaptation on vehicle recognition’. Is yours the same? The wording is slightly different in the manual but could be just that, a wording change.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
Thank you, what settings/options do you have when you go into Settings > Lights and Visibility > Exterior Lights?

I only have ‘high beam adaptation on vehicle recognition’. Is yours the same? The wording is slightly different in the manual but could be just that, a wording change.
I'm a GTS ST owner of a couple of weeks. That's all I have too. It is correct.