Toodal00

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD, 21 Tesla MY, Mercedes E350, GLC 300
Country flag
I think even without it, we are going to see a lot of fun Youtube videos of people wrecking their Plaid. There's already several good Tesla and EV videos (Porsche included) of people not knowing how to handle the instant power.

I feel like we are at the point where we should be asking if all this power is good, and how much is too much before it becomes unsafe or if we are already there. It reminds me of Jurassic Park when Jeff Goldblum basically says all the "Scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they did not stop to think if they should."
its just matter of time before the car becomes cheap and falls into immature hands with accidents, deaths start and government regulation kicks in. two second car is too fast for anyone, saw one wrecked on copart back in July with 50 miles on it.
Sponsored

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
its just matter of time before the car becomes cheap and falls into immature hands with accidents, deaths start and government regulation kicks in. two second car is too fast for anyone, saw one wrecked on copart back in July with 50 miles on it.
Certainly makes the road not safer!

On the other hand, remember the guy driving a Taycan 180 km/h on a city road with roundabouts?

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein :)

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
We are already there.

The acceleration of the Plaid was something only available to hypercars costing half a million or more, and YouTube is littered with their moron owners wrecking them.

The price point of a Model S, and the Plaid specifically is at a point where most upper middle class folks can reach and scare the shit out of themselves.

Even the torque in a Model 3 SR+ is enough to scare 95% of drivers out there.

Toodal00

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD, 21 Tesla MY, Mercedes E350, GLC 300
Country flag
We are already there.

The acceleration of the Plaid was something only available to hypercars costing half a million or more, and YouTube is littered with their moron owners wrecking them.

The price point of a Model S, and the Plaid specifically is at a point where most upper middle class folks can reach and scare the shit out of themselves.

the torque on my tesla model Y STANDARD RANGE is more then enough for anyone. I have the slowest model Y, its a RWD and its plenty fast. I drive it everyday in Chill mode as its good enough and it doesnt burn through tires.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
We are already there.

Luckily they al have stability control so normal drivers like me don't get into serious trouble giving too much throttle. About the only thing the stability control can't do is fix far too high an entry speed.

Last edited:

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC

grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Agreed that the Taycan is least like the others, but disagree that it's a sports car.

Taycan - Sporty GT
You could not be more wrong.

The only car on that list that you could take around a track without any modification is the Taycan. If you don't take it on a track its a waste of what is an amazing sports car. Flat through the corners, explosive acceleration from the exits and the best brakes on any EV.

This is me last Friday at Thruxton Race Circuit, UK. 135-140 mph down the straights. Brake hard on the ceramics, turn and go. It doesn't overheat and just keeps going with no brake fade. There were some M3Ps there which sat with full fans running after a session. I've had it a year and just fallen in love with it all over again!

Porsche Taycan Lucid vs Plaid vs EQS vs Taycan by Out of Spec Reviews IMG_0560.JPG

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
You could not be more wrong.

The only car on that list that you could take around a track without any modification is the Taycan. If you don't take it on a track its a waste of what is an amazing sports car. Flat through the corners, explosive acceleration from the exits and the best brakes on any EV.

This is me last Friday at Thruxton Race Circuit, UK. 135-140 mph down the straights. Brake hard on the ceramics, turn and go. It doesn't overheat and just keeps going with no brake fade. There were some M3Ps there which sat with full fans running after a session. I've had it a year and just fallen in love with it all over again!

IMG_0560.JPG

LOL, I'm not wrong. People track non-sports cars all the time. M3's, M4's, Subarus, Mercedes, whatever. Just because you tracked it, doesn't make it a sports car. Also, doesn't overheat? Why don't you ask @daveo4EV how his track session at Laguna today. Wait, I'll save you:

"Still only good for 5 to 7 laps
Then battery overheat protection
down on power
this is with latest software".

It's not a sports car. Try running it against a 992 Carrera, which is a sports car, and see how it comes out.

Look, I'm not knocking it in the slightest. What it can do is deeply impressive, and it has by far the sportiest capabilities of any EV sold on the market. It is extremely capable and deeply desirable, even at the price. But it's no sports car. It's a 4 door saloon that weighs over 2500 kilos with air suspension. I'm not sure there are other sports cars with those stats on their CV.

grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
LOL, I'm not wrong. People track non-sports cars all the time. M3's, M4's, Subarus, Mercedes, whatever. Just because you tracked it, doesn't make it a sports car. Also, doesn't overheat? Why don't you ask @daveo4EV how his track session at Laguna today. Wait, I'll save you:

"Still only good for 5 to 7 laps
Then battery overheat protection
down on power
this is with latest software".

It's not a sports car. Try running it against a 992 Carrera, which is a sports car, and see how it comes out.

Look, I'm not knocking it in the slightest. What it can do is deeply impressive, and it has by far the sportiest capabilities of any EV sold on the market. It is extremely capable and deeply desirable, even at the price. But it's no sports car. It's a 4 door saloon that weighs over 2500 kilos with air suspension. I'm not sure there are other sports cars with those stats on their CV.
Porsche describe it as an “electric sports car”. It’s as much of a sports car as the 911, without the problem of the engine hanging out the back.

I suspect only one of us has the experience of driving a Taycan hard. Don’t be so quick to form an opinion until you have actually done so.

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
Porsche describe it as an “electric sports car”. It’s as much of a sports car as the 911, without the problem of the engine hanging out the back.

I suspect only one of us has the experience of driving a Taycan hard. Don’t be so quick to form an opinion until you have actually done so.
you suspect wrong, although only one of us has tracked a Taycan.

Porsche also tried to convince us the Macan was a sports car too when it came out. The 911 of SUV's. On a re-purposed Q5 platform. Really?

Enjoy your Taycan. It is an absolutely wonderful vehicle. Really, I do not say this to denigrate it in ANY way, please understand that. Nor the Macan. For what it is, I think it's a fabulous product. It's way more fun than any SUV has any right to be. And my Cayenne too. I'd defend that thing as being one of the best handling SUV's ever made.

With the Taycan, the fact that it is a 5,000 sedan makes it more remarkable how capable it is, not less. If you want to call it a sports car, go ahead. I'll never think of it that way. I've owned two 911's. I've literally, on several occasions, driven my 911 to go test drive a Taycan. And the difference is remarkable.

Last edited:

Ormond

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
Kyle also really likes the Mustang Mach E GTPE too.

He called the EQS magical in his review, for its refinement, isolation quietness and handling.

It all depends on one’s budget and preferences, luxury, acceleration, range or handling. Since Kyle values handling his Tesla Model 3 Performance is his daily driver and he has a Taycan on order.

I have a Model S on order, but I’d probably be happy with any of them if I get decent reliability.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Kyle also really likes the Mustang Mach E GTPE too.

He called the EQS magical in his review, for its refinement, isolation quietness and handling.

It all depends on one’s budget and preferences, luxury, acceleration, range or handling. Since Kyle values handling his Tesla Model 3 Performance is his daily driver and he has a Taycan on order.

I have a Model S on order, but I’d probably be happy with any of them if I get decent reliability.
Did you own/still own that Aurora in your avatar?

Ormond

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
Did you own/still own that Aurora in your avatar?
No, it belonged to my mother. I’m using the avatar because I’m on the Lucid forum too. The Lucid remind me of the Oldsmobile. ;) I haven’t seen a Lucid yet in person.