Curious about driving comparison between the two vehicles

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
FWIW I had a 2012 M3 comp package (i.e., "E90"), which is the last M3 with hydraulic steering and a true 8600RPM V8 - and while I wish I had kept it for track days, there's no comparison - they Taycan is a superior driving experience to me in every way.

OP
OP
M3Taycan

M3Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X2, Taycan 4S
Country flag
  • Sound: Taycan 4S is quiet compared to M3.
  • Interior: Taycan 4S is larger
  • Trunk: Taycan 4S and M3 hold about the same for groceries.
  • Driver/Passenger Comfort: Taycan and M3 are equal for long-distance driving. Driver fatigue is reduced compared to other cars, with a huge reduction in steering adjustment.
  • Rang Mode and Normal are relaxing for Taycan 4S. M3 normal mode is similar, but a bit stiffer
  • Off the line (or rolling): Taycan 4S is quicker to react than the M3. EV will win all the time.
  • Handling is flat in the corners, the Taycan does feel a bit heavy in comparison to the M3. However, the air suspension offsets it when you go sport/sport plus. The same is not true for M3, it is more stiffer. The handling is not that different, from my perspective. It is still too early to see the real difference. I never track my car(s). I prefer to go to BMW Performance Driving School in Geer, NC to drive on the track with their M2/M3/M4/M5.
  • I am still waiting for a true M3 EV. i4/i5 M are ok but are not unique. The Taycan 4S hits the mark with styling, performance, and decent range for my long-distance driving. EV charging access is plentiful along the east coast for my trips, once you get over how to use it properly. :) . That is another story.
  • I will update later, I am still enjoying the Taycan 4S, EV experience.
Thanks for asking!

m3sharif

First Name
Sharif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
  • Sound: Taycan 4S is quiet compared to M3.
  • Interior: Taycan 4S is larger
  • Trunk: Taycan 4S and M3 hold about the same for groceries.
  • Driver/Passenger Comfort: Taycan and M3 are equal for long-distance driving. Driver fatigue is reduced compared to other cars, with a huge reduction in steering adjustment.
  • Rang Mode and Normal are relaxing for Taycan 4S. M3 normal mode is similar, but a bit stiffer
  • Off the line (or rolling): Taycan 4S is quicker to react than the M3. EV will win all the time.
  • Handling is flat in the corners, the Taycan does feel a bit heavy in comparison to the M3. However, the air suspension offsets it when you go sport/sport plus. The same is not true for M3, it is more stiffer. The handling is not that different, from my perspective. It is still too early to see the real difference. I never track my car(s). I prefer to go to BMW Performance Driving School in Geer, NC to drive on the track with their M2/M3/M4/M5.
  • I am still waiting for a true M3 EV. i4/i5 M are ok but are not unique. The Taycan 4S hits the mark with styling, performance, and decent range for my long-distance driving. EV charging access is plentiful along the east coast for my trips, once you get over how to use it properly. :) . That is another story.
  • I will update later, I am still enjoying the Taycan 4S, EV experience.
Thanks for asking!
Very similar to my thoughts going from a 2009 E92 M3 w manual transmission to a 2022 Turbo S. Still trying to get used to the width and weight of the Taycan in comparison to what now feels like a light nimble M3. Love having all the new Tech after living with 15 yr old technology. No more Bluetooth dongle anymore 😆

Noan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan 4S performance
Country flag
I did the same. Came from a bmw F82 M4 GTS. Once you go Porsche, it's no turning back :cool:
Sponsored