Mark up in NJ

electric9925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
So I’m currently look to get a base Taycan. I’ve contacted two dealers here in NJ. One has said they have a 10-20k markup. The other I haven’t asked about pricing yet. I’m just curious, is this normal or was it just that one dealer. Should I look into getting the car from another state and have it delivered?
Sponsored

armanslr

First Name
Arman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2022 Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Don't pay an ADM on a base Taycan. Call multiple dealers, you should be able to get one at MSRP.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
I've personally called all the dealerships in NJ, PA, NY (Long Island). Most have offered me MSRP, so long it's a build to order. Feel free to shoot me a DM.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
I usually submit a copy and pasted query to multiple dealerships using the little "chat" icon that appears on most dealer websites. I've found most reply pretty quickly and you can get a decent amount of info from multiple sources in a short amount of time. Unless you're in a rush and need to order this second, this saves you a lot of phone tag trouble.

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
When I was spec’ing a 4S at a dealer in Northern NJ a couple of months ago they were at MSRP.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
So I’m currently look to get a base Taycan. I’ve contacted two dealers here in NJ. One has said they have a 10-20k markup. The other I haven’t asked about pricing yet. I’m just curious, is this normal or was it just that one dealer. Should I look into getting the car from another state and have it delivered?
could you ID which dealership is trying to gouge people?

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
Have you tried Ray Catena in Edison?

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Have you tried Ray Catena in Edison?
I ordered my Turbo in 2019 from Ray Catena and delivered July 2020 at MSRP. Everything handled smoothly including delivering in a closed truck to my home on Long Island. Ask for Maurizio-great to deal with.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
I think it's also YMMV depending on which sales person you're working with. I've called all those dealers in the past month and they all like to say how other dealers are doing an ADM, but they're not. Shoot me a DM if you want a person I've worked with.
Sponsored