Massage Seats!

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
How do they massage seats work? Is it just air pockets or are there actually mechanical pieces that move?
There are mechanical arms that definitely move. There are also a number optional massage settings like wave, shiatsu, lumbar, etc.
I am not sure that there are mechanical arms that move.

According to the Porsche description....

Massage function with 10 air cushions in the backrest of each front seat. There are five massage programmes, each with five intensity levels to choose from. Additional electric ventilation of the front seats can be set at three levels. Separately controlled, left and right seats. The seat ventilation balance between the seat squab and the backrest can be adjusted via PCM

Additional Question:
  • Can anyone please confirm whether the massage functionality is only on the backrest
  • or on both backrest and bottom/ squab?
Sponsored

@lpher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
Additional Question:
  • Can anyone please confirm whether the massage functionality is only on the backrest
  • or on both backrest and bottom/ squab?
I am certain i would find the seat suddenly massaging my arse a tad bit disturbing! :D So...i can happily confirm that the massage seats ONLY handles your back, while leaving the lower more private parts of your backside alone :)

@lpher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
In relation to mechanical vs air. Having had this in both my old Audi A7 and now the Taycan, I can tell you that the older Audi system that i had....had quite distinctive air sounds when turning it off, and the massage "knukles" retreated. The Porsche seat does not have these sounds at all, but rather you can actually hear some mechanics moving in the seat during the massage, while the older Audi seat had much less of this mechanical noise.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Thanks. We use the seat massager all the time.
I tried them again the other day for the first time in almost a year just to see if I changed my mind about them.

All I could think was, “Ow…it’s poking me in the back. Why is it doing that? Who pays for this? Make it stop!”

Clearly not for me. Oh well.

OP
OP
Indeo

Indeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I tried them again the other day for the first time in almost a year just to see if I changed my mind about them.

All I could think was, “Ow…it’s poking me in the back. Why is it doing that? Who pays for this? Make it stop!”

Clearly not for me. Oh well.
Not to try to change your mind, but you can also control the strength of the massage, in case it’s too much for you.

Funny, for me, I wouldn’t mind the most aggressive setting being even higher.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Not to try to change your mind, but you can also control the strength of the massage, in case it’s too much for you.
I did turn it down. I turned it all the way down to “off”. And now it’s perfect. 🤣

Nothing against the option or people who like it. My wife likes it. It’s just not for me.

VTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Audi S5, Volvo XC90
Country flag
Have had my Taycan for a few weeks now and really like the massage seat feature. My program seems to shut off 10 minutes after I activate it and then I have to restart via voice command. Curious if that is everyone's experience or if there is a way to extend the time on the program?

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
Curious if that is everyone's experience or if there is a way to extend the time on the program?
Yes, it gradually shuts itself off after some time. I use the seat massager all the time and love it. I have a bad back and wish it would go on and stay on.
By the way, you can start the massager by pushing the button in the middle of the round set of buttons at the bottom of your seat, where you adjust the seat forward/back (center of the lumbar adjustment ). This was a great find thanks to Jhenson29.

Fleer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan TBD
Country flag
Old thread, I know, but I wonder if the massage function influences the car’s range.
Sponsored